News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn, really? I thought he’d done a hamstring? They must have those 2 weeks hammies over there, whereas we have season long sore knees.

EDIT: Bloody hell he missed one week with a hamstring. What the hell are we doing wrong?!

Not recruiting Fyfe types?

Damn, really? I thought he’d done a hamstring? They must have those 2 weeks hammies over there, whereas we have season long sore knees.

EDIT: Bloody hell he missed one week with a hamstring. What the hell are we doing wrong?!

To be fair Fyfe looked very hampered during the game on Saturday. Arguably shouldn't have played. Alas, he's a genuine beast so even with the troubled string he had 18 disposals and 2 goals.

To be fair, if any other team has had a horror run of injuries and off field issues other than Coll it’s freo. I live in WA and hate eagles so I follow freo a bit, they’ve had a shocking run of injuries/ off field stuff well known over here

home team, away team doesnt matter anymore. By the time we play Freo we will have already played 2 weeks on that ground, only an eagles fan would make a big deal about it

Exactly. We are playing the Eagles and Dockers in Perth and that just the way it is. The colour of the shorts won’t make any difference.

I doubt Collingwood will have any home games in Victoria against interstate rivals. That’s if they get back to Victoria at all!

I’d rather the season be played rather than not played so wherever we play is a good thing. As long as we play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. We are playing the Eagles and Dockers in Perth and that just the way it is. The colour of the shorts won’t make any difference.

I doubt Collingwood will have any home games in Victoria against interstate rivals. That’s if they get back to Victoria at all!

I’d rather the season be played rather than not played so wherever we play is a good thing. As long as we play.
True but having played gws in Syd, eagles and freo in Perth to come, we shldnt have to play the likes of port in SA or bris in qland. shorter season we atleast should have most remaining interstate games on neutral ground.

True but having played gws in Syd, eagles and freo in Perth to come, we shldnt have to play the likes of port in SA or bris in qland. shorter season we atleast should have most remaining interstate games on neutral ground.

Ideally but the AFL has their hands tied on scheduling. The cards will fall as they fall.

They will play games where they can. I can’t see them flying teams out of their home state spending money they don’t need to spend , just to make sure the game is played on “neutral territory”.

If Melbourne remains unavailable then there’s every chance we play every interstate club away on their turf. Similar will apply to lots of other Melbourne clubs.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/465490/...ng-on-the-field-in-cod-and-to-tradies-in-utes

I really love Maynard.

He gets a great write up on the AFL site today:

According to Champion Data, the 23-year-old is rated 'elite' for disposals, uncontested possessions and metres gained so far this season. He's also rated 'above average' for contested possessions and intercept possessions.

It's why he is being seriously considered as a candidate for a maiden Virgin Australia AFL All-Australian guernsey, potentially taking the coveted small defender spot on the back of his drastic improvement from last season.

"I really narrow my game down to defence and how my opponent impacts the game. For example, the game against GWS. Toby Greene probably got best-on. I had a role on him, so to not get that done … I've got a bit of white line fever, so I personally hate that."

"Hopefully in the coming years, I can move into the midfield and make an impact there.

"The backline is something I've been doing for quite a while now, so I'm going to look to be able to get into the midfield. It's just a matter of time until that happens."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back