News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he came out in the media and said anyone breaking the rules should be sent home. So now.......................

Because he was referring to wives/partners and extended entourage not AFL/club employees, including players. Let’s not ignore the context of his words, players and staff cop fines and/or suspensions. Families are in the hubs at the discretion and benevolence of the AFL. So now ................... nothing to see here, move on, just the usual circus.

And what's wrong with that?
If he says thieves should get hung, and a Collingwood player gets caught stealing, who do you direct your anger to? Unfortunately it is the morons at Collingwood that put him in the position he is in, not the other way around. Direct the anger at the cause, not the messenger.
What I'm saying is, according to our wonderful president, Buckley should now be on his way home.

Because he was referring to wives/partners and extended entourage not AFL/club employees, including players. Let’s not ignore the context of his words, players and staff cop fines and/or suspensions. Families are in the hubs at the discretion and benevolence of the AFL. So now ................... nothing to see here, move on, just the usual circus.
This is what he said, unless he's been misquoted:

News of the breach comes the day after Collingwood president Eddie McGuire called for those who broke the rules in AFL hubs to get sent home.
“Do you think the AFL will come out now and say ‘Here’s the list, and if you do that, all clear, and if you do that, big trouble?’” McGuire said on Triple M.
“And in fact, if anybody transgresses you’re on the plane home, we’re not gonna cop this stuff. And I think that’s just where it’s gotta be.

“It’s gotta be so clear cut that no one can have any mitigation, that ‘oh I thought this happened, I heard that that happened or I didn’t know you couldn’t do that’. You can’t do that.
“'Oh I thought I could do this? I thought I could do that?’ No you can’t. And if you don’t do it [the right thing], bang.
“Ordinary circumstances you haven’t got the entire AFL in a bunker and a season on a precipice.

Agree to disagree - Caro, Goodes etc.
He's the headline and then when we stuff up the spotlight shines even brighter.
I'm not excusing our players and coaches by the way.
Caro & Goodes were different. His comments were misogynistic and racist. He cant be excused for that, and i can't defend him on those.
But what he said is if you break the law, you should get punished. But now, it is the moron coaches that have put him in the situation that his integrity will now be questioned. Why did Bucks and Sando do that? Why did Sido do that? THEY are the ones that brought the spotlight on CFC !!

.... Because our President comments on everything in the AFL ours doesn't go away.
When they quote what he says on his radio show it's never "MMM Hot Breakfast host Eddie McGuire said"....
It's ALWAYS "Collingwood President Eddie McGuire said"....

And therein lies the problem: Eddie’s media role and club president role are becoming more and more incompatible everyday. People are unable to separate the 2 and therefore he needs to step away from one of them. If he was just another media commentator, his comments would disappear down the plug hole and disappear very quickly just like they do with Caro, Cornes et al when they are carping. Unfortunately Eddie can’t zip it and be a neutral host/moderator when on TV or radio and let the other clowns be “controversial”. The time has come for him to make a choice and we all know which is the most appropriate one.

What I'm saying is, according to our wonderful president, Buckley should now be on his way home.
Perhaps. Maybe Bucks, Sando and Sidebottom should go to the corner, of the room and think about what they did.
They are supposed to be the leaders of our club, demanding integrity, honesty and doing the right thing. They lose respect, and they have thrown Eddie under the bus!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps. Maybe Bucks, Sando and Sidebottom should go to the corner, of the room and think about what they did.
They are supposed to be the leaders of our club, demanding integrity, honesty and doing the right thing. They lose respect, and they have thrown Eddie under the bus!
We dont have any leadership at our Club, thats the problem.

Maybe Bucks, Sando and Sidebottom should go to the corner, of the room and think about what they did.
People make mistakes, this one cost him his job...
"A police officer in the Northern Territory has resigned and could be charged after he allegedly breached the NT's border controls.
The 27-year-old man was one of five people who drove from Queensland to the NT town of Alice Springs last week without filing the correct paperwork
Along with his wife he has been issued with a breach notice and a $5000 fine, reported the NT News.
NT Police Deputy Commissioner Murray Smallpage described the breach as "extremely disappointing".
A police officer has failed to adhere to his sworn duty as a police officer.
The officer must have reflected on his actions and resigned which was accepted, he said.
There is an ongoing criminal investigation and we will see what if any charges will flow as a result.”

Can’t believe people are turning on Eddie, after everything he has done for this club.
He can literally do whatever he wants and say whatever he wants, when he wants.

Remember, he saved the club from ruin 20+ years ago. It’s his now. We are just lucky we get to call ourselves supporters.

Thanks Ed, I hope you are president for your natural life and then one of your sons take over - you are bigger than the club.

This is what he said, unless he's been misquoted:

News of the breach comes the day after Collingwood president Eddie McGuire called for those who broke the rules in AFL hubs to get sent home.
“Do you think the AFL will come out now and say ‘Here’s the list, and if you do that, all clear, and if you do that, big trouble?’” McGuire said on Triple M.
“And in fact, if anybody transgresses you’re on the plane home, we’re not gonna cop this stuff. And I think that’s just where it’s gotta be.

“It’s gotta be so clear cut that no one can have any mitigation, that ‘oh I thought this happened, I heard that that happened or I didn’t know you couldn’t do that’. You can’t do that.
“'Oh I thought I could do this? I thought I could do that?’ No you can’t. And if you don’t do it [the right thing], bang.
“Ordinary circumstances you haven’t got the entire AFL in a bunker and a season on a precipice.

It was about the Richmond, Nth and Carlton breaches which were all wives/girlfriends. He made the remarks on Friday morning on Triple M about the known breach by WAGs and then it came to light later in the day yesterday about the 4 Hawthorn players getting a bucket of chips at a game. It has been exaggerated and extrapolated that Eddie had suggested players or coaching staff should be sent home for a breach when he didn’t, he was talking about the extended entourages.

People make mistakes, this one cost him his job...
Yep, people do make mistakes. And people say things that are perfectly reasonable, until one of your own throws you under the bus.

Again, direct the anger to those that f*ck up, not the messenger or commentator.

It was about the Richmond, Nth and Carlton breaches which were all wives/girlfriends. He made the remarks on Friday morning on Triple M about the known breach by WAGs and then it came to light later in the day yesterday about the 4 Hawthorn players getting a bucket of chips at a game. It has been exaggerated and extrapolated that Eddie had suggested players or coaching staff should be sent home for a breach when he didn’t, he was talking about the extended entourages.
Enabler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back