Mkcaptain

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Fully appreciate that footy clubs need to run a tight ship as far as expenses go ...

... and now more than ever before ...

... but gee, aren’t they taking it a bit far worrying about the cost of streaming an intra club match during the pre-season?!?

Shouldn’t they be looking for ways to deliver value to their members in the middle of a pandemic?
Even local cricket teams are streaming their matches these days with single cam stationary camera set ups.

TradeDraft

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2009
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fully appreciate that footy clubs need to run a tight ship as far as expenses go ...

... and now more than ever before ...

... but gee, aren’t they taking it a bit far worrying about the cost of streaming an intra club match during the pre-season?!?

Shouldn’t they be looking for ways to deliver value to their members in the middle of a pandemic?
That what I thought too.

Don't think it hard to get a Camera and Hook it up to a Computer and then Stream on something like Youtube. Use the one they do for Coaches Video

We not Expecting TV Quality Footage/Coverage

Other Clubs seem to do it or at least have some Video Highlights on what Happened

Mkcaptain

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
I saw Local Bowling Streamed on Facebook
Obviously cricket and bowls are easier sports to cover than AFL, but no one is asking them to do it to a television broadcast standard. I don't see what makes a bare bones stream expensive to run. Admittedly, its not my area of expertise so would be happy if anyone can offer any insights into what makes it cost prohibitive.

TradeDraft

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2009
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Obviously cricket and bowls are easier sports to cover than AFL, but no one is asking them to do it to a television broadcast standard. I don't see what makes a bare bones stream expensive to run. Admittedly, its not my area of expertise so would be happy if anyone can offer any insights into what makes it cost prohibitive.
Get Sponsers to Sponser it so even make money on it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad