News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Geebus man, what is wrong with what Geelong do?

Just a bit of fun letting their hair down.

Maybe you need listen to a few Pete & Dud tapes to get back into laughing mode.
Nurse...........nurse..............

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
The new rat pack

The Grind Part 1.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Grind Part 1.
Really enjoyed it. As I did last time they ran them.

only drawback, its so good but should be longer.

its about 4-5 mins where 10 mins would be far better.

Really enjoyed it. As I did last time they ran them.

only drawback, its so good but should be longer.

its about 4-5 mins where 10 mins would be far better.
Probably not a lot to put in this first week, being the start of pre-season. I imagine they will get a bit longer when there is more content. Good thing that everyone is back tomorrow, things can really start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not a lot to put in this first week, being the start of pre-season. I imagine they will get a bit longer when there is more content. Good thing that everyone is back tomorrow, things can really start.

Get a longer video with the Draftees coming in

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think youre right.

these sorts of programs can really enhance the media stuff they do. It’s that little bit extra to give the fans.
and The Grind seems to work as a concept and in execution.

(in between filming, can they fix the player profiles :p:tonguewink:)

I think youre right.

these sorts of programs can really enhance the media stuff they do. It’s that little bit extra to give the fans.
and The Grind seems to work as a concept and in execution.

(in between filming, can they fix the player profiles :p:tonguewink:)

They seem to do this instead of Putting out other Videos like other Clubs Do

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll preface this by saying I'm not trying to bignote Liverpool or the EPL. But I do wish our media team had a similar budget!

One thing we could do though, is a version of Inside Anfield. Provided the AFL didn't stomp it out with their jackboots. Every LFC home game gets a YouTube mini doco (they've started doing more of them at away games also). It basically makes you feel like you're in the player's race on game day.

You see the players arrive, see some of their warm ups, snippets of banter with their mates on the opposition side or the kids who wall out with the teams, fan interactions etc. Then you get little flashes of the game from a camera at pitch level and fantastic shots back into the crowd as they celebrate goals. Followed by the players giving their media interviews etc.

Real fly on the wall stuff, without getting into the dressing room itself or giving away any trade secrets. It gives you a real sense of being there and I reckon we could do our own version of it, without a huge financial outlay.

Have a look on YouTube at the Inside Anfield of the Barcelona game from last season... Our own version of that would be brilliant.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didn't really know where to put this, so this will do. They've finally updated our staff page on the Collingwood website.

Not only the obvious omissions ie Longmuir gone from the coaches list, there are plenty of names into different groups, slightly amended job titles, a few ins, a few outs.

Of particular note:

Looking at the medical department on our website, we have added Victor Nguyen as a 'Strength & Conditioning Coordinator' for the VFL and Academy.

David Francis - whom had been at the club as a Physiotherapist from 1995 onwards - is no longer on the list.

Ryan Cope has been added as a Physiotherapist.

Lachlan Fooks was originally listed as a Physiotherapist and is now listed as Senior Physiotherapist.

Samantha Coppinger - whom was listed as Sports Performance Dietitian (alongside Emily Walker) - is no longer on the staff list.

It would also appear Brent Macaffer's name has gone missing from our staff list.

Anthony Rocca was listed as Ruck & Bench Coach is now solely listed as Ruck Coach.

I could be wrong but despite the club saying we would be spending less on coaching and more on rehabilitation, it would seem all we've done is replace one physio with another?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back