News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

He disappeared from "OUR" Club without an explanation (for obvious reasons now)

He did a s**t job at "OUR" Club for obvious reasons but let's worry about the headline. :drunk:

The guy is a germ.........with blood on his hands.
No doubt the guy is a prick.

The rest I'll agree to disagree.

Interesting. How do they approach this? Is it VFL players making up the numbers? Doesn't really say much about it in the AFL article.

I read that just be Scheduled Games but No Public allowed to go

Read the Article Again and sounds like the Games be played before or after the AFL Game.

So just Hope the Clubs Stream the Games as no Public allowed in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thought I'd comment on a club social media post which appeared today, with Atu, Varcoe and IQ standing in support of Black Lives Matter. It garnered quite a bit of comment in Facebook, from which I discovered that:

(a) a lot of CFC supporters are deeply concerned about the plight of white farmers in South Africa;
(b) a lot of CFC supporters believe that the club should stay away from political stuff;
(c) a lot of CFC supporters believe that the club should stay away from political stuff and signal its support of white farmers in South Africa;
(d) any focus on the plight of one group of people is really, really divisive;
(e) and how about those white farmers in South Africa?

Anyway, I appreciated the post from the club, and found entertainment value in the comments which followed.

Just thought I'd comment on a club social media post which appeared today, with Atu, Varcoe and IQ standing in support of Black Lives Matter. It garnered quite a bit of comment in Facebook, from which I discovered that:

(a) a lot of CFC supporters are deeply concerned about the plight of white farmers in South Africa;
(b) a lot of CFC supporters believe that the club should stay away from political stuff;
(c) a lot of CFC supporters believe that the club should stay away from political stuff and signal its support of white farmers in South Africa;

Anyway, I appreciated the post from the club, and found entertainment value in the comments which followed.
Maybe we have a lot of saffer fans.

tenor.gif

It's times like these I'm glad my only social media is here, that's enough pig.

I do have to say though I do have my head in the sand, I like it that way though.

tenor.gif

It's times like these I'm glad my only social media is here, that's enough pig.

I do have to say though I do have my head in the sand, I like it that way though.

Facebook has its limitations. I'm not happy that my rusted-on support for a major political party is now common knowledge among Russian intelligence authorities, or that my very occasional appreciation of leather has brought about a fusillade of inappropriate advertising, but it's great for keeping track of people's birthdays and reading through the posts of CFC supporters pretending not to be racist.

Some good news:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-million-dollar-windfall-20200603-p54z7j.html

The AFL's six MCG tenant clubs have landed a multi-million-dollar windfall under a COVID-19 emergency deal struck between Australian Rules football and its premier stadium.

Collingwood, Melbourne, Richmond, Hawthorn, Carlton and Essendon will each receive home game payments estimated at between $150,000 and $200,000 per match for the remainder of the shortened season.

Fox told the clubs the unforeseen cash boost was in part a goodwill gesture from the stadium in tough times and one that underlined the spirit of the long-term agreement with the AFL and the MCG, which now runs until 2057.

Anyone who still responds with "All Lives Matter" to the s**t that's going on now is being purposefully inflammatory and ignorant to the issue. A number of years ago I used to be someone who agreed with the cries of All Lives Matter until someone respectfully explained to me that really the point is that "Black Lives Matter too."

The Venn diagram of people who still insist on saying it and the people who use the comment sections of online News Corp articles is a circle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back