News Collingwood News & Media

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gee... reading between the lines:
"the club has f*cked this up, so I'd also like an explanation of whats going on really - but of course as part of the leadership group, I stand by their decisions. Especially knowing the sh*tty TPP situation we now find ourselves in. & to be clear, none of the playing group had anything to do with this, so we have stayed tight, and would not like to be associated with any of the decision making, poor comms & mistreatment of players during this whole process."

& Eddie - dont blame Treloar's contract and the poor management of trades / players by he club on Trade Radio. Massive copout. He should know more than anyone that if an AFL club f*cks up something as much as we did, the Media are going to be all over it. That's how you launched your career Ed.

& Walshy - how stupid do you think we are? "paying part of a players salary when traded is part of the rules ... and wasn't unexpected." Hold on... so when we entered into a long term contract with Treloar, we always expected this to happen? You're avoiding one large part of this... the club f*cked up signing a long term contract with someone that the same administration then wanted to get rid of so badly - & not long after - that we are willing to pay $1m - $1.5m for him to play against us. This club's exec are so far down a rabbit hole with their culture & comms that they must believe their own spin. Sadly that is the culture of Eddie, just like Andy D... never admit you're wrong, and twist every story to protect the club, and more importantly... his administration.

We are not paying $1-$1.5 mill for AT - someone posted a link to a later report of $850k.

JLC

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool NY Yankees
The cheap options lol

We used to do that with half back flankers - your Jordan Russell’s etc.

We didn’t appear to place any importance on that position and let that area decline after Heater and Harry......we eventually got desperate and overpaid for Murray.

I think the same thing is happening with key forwards.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
When only second best will do....
I think it's fantastic that the club is prepared to honour/celebrate such things (I do imagine your post was just meant as a bit of fun, BTW!). I presume they must have banners up for our other seconds/reserves Premiership wins as well. We had a fantastic run in the early days of that competition (it only started in 1919), winning the first two flags, and four of the first seven. Perhaps if we had the kind of overall record St Kilda have it might look a bit embarrassing (celebrating a reserves flag from that long ago) but we obviously have won plenty of seniors flags over the years (many of them from around that time!), and my view is "the more the merrier" when it comes to honouring our history!

Contract news.

Elliott considered a move to Brisbane at the end of 2019 as a free agent and toured the Lions' facilities before deciding to remain with the Magpies. He had also been courted by Melbourne during that off-season.

He signed a two-year contract that was due to expire at the end of this season, when he would again reach free agency, but as AFL.com.au revealed this week in its exclusive list of 2021 free agents, Elliott has hit a trigger clause to extend his deal through to the end of 2022.

Midfielder Steele Sidebottom was also due to come out of contract at the end of this season, which would have seen him qualify for free agency, after he signed a five-year deal in 2016.

But he extended it to a sixth season through to the end of 2022 as one of several Magpies who smoothed out their contracts as the club looked to ease its salary cap squeeze.

The Pies have also locked away Howe for a further season. The dynamic defender last year added another year to his contract, tying him to the end of 2022.

Contract news.

Elliott considered a move to Brisbane at the end of 2019 as a free agent and toured the Lions' facilities before deciding to remain with the Magpies. He had also been courted by Melbourne during that off-season.

He signed a two-year contract that was due to expire at the end of this season, when he would again reach free agency, but as AFL.com.au revealed this week in its exclusive list of 2021 free agents, Elliott has hit a trigger clause to extend his deal through to the end of 2022.

Midfielder Steele Sidebottom was also due to come out of contract at the end of this season, which would have seen him qualify for free agency, after he signed a five-year deal in 2016.

But he extended it to a sixth season through to the end of 2022 as one of several Magpies who smoothed out their contracts as the club looked to ease its salary cap squeeze.

The Pies have also locked away Howe for a further season. The dynamic defender last year added another year to his contract, tying him to the end of 2022.

Steele and Pendles not going anywhere and the Others are Replaceable

The annual put Moore forward argument.

Back