News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Secret report uncovers Collingwood’s ‘systemic racism’ (Herald Sun paywalled)

Going by this article, the report seems to be a non-specific scattergun condemnation and as much as I detest Collingwood, that last sentence seems particularly unfair.

Strap yourselves in for the shitfight.
Yep, from the snippets I've read it appears very generalised and despite no names being mentioned it's clear that a few of the high profile incidents (fans and admin) are referenced. Things like diversity in off field staff and coaching could apply to any club or league too. Not sure where former CEO Pert sits with this though, as he hasn't been mentioned in previous reports or rumours.

While this report needed to be released publicly I'm a bit miffed that it's taken let another leak to seemingly all major media outlets though as I thought and hoped the days of admin leaks were behind the club.

I also found the below comment about Lumumba odd, as we all thought this was the purpose of the review. Did Lumumba's refusal to take part shift the purpose?

some positive steps already taken including:
  • The appointment of a First Nations person to the board
  • The appointment of a new CEO committed to making change
The impetus for Collingwood's independent review was the well-documented story of former club player Héritier Lumumba but it was not an investigation into his, or others, allegations.

Now I’m no Western United supporter but as someone who is as passionate about the A-League as I am about AFL, this is a pretty heartening reminder that despite all the code wars rubbish it doesn’t actually have to be a choice between one or the other when it comes to following football codes.

Who is going to tell them that the Western United skipper has adopted Carlton as his footy team though (going by some of his Twitter content)?

You can enjoy all the Sports. Even you have 1 that is your Favorite still okay to watch the Others

Yep, from the snippets I've read it appears very generalised and despite no names being mentioned it's clear that a few of the high profile incidents (fans and admin) are referenced. Things like diversity in off field staff and coaching could apply to any club or league too. Not sure where former CEO Pert sits with this though, as he hasn't been mentioned in previous reports or rumours.

While this report needed to be released publicly I'm a bit miffed that it's taken let another leak to seemingly all major media outlets though as I thought and hoped the days of admin leaks were behind the club.

I also found the below comment about Lumumba odd, as we all thought this was the purpose of the review. Did Lumumba's refusal to take part shift the purpose?

How can we be Guilty when there where no Charges?

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
You can enjoy all the Sports. Even you have 1 that is your Favorite still okay to watch the Others

I agree Dave. There's AFL Collingwood, VFL Collingwood, AFLW Collingwood, VFLW Collingwood. You can even get into Collingwood netball and wheelchair sports. Such diversity.

Didn't catch who it was, but someone from the cats was on SEN this arvo. Said we had down to Geelong the week before the official community series.
Ah. I was wondering who we would play.

Behind closed doors I would imagine. Geelong have been picky in the past about practice matches thats not official.
So that would be the end of this month. Prob why they are ramping up match sims 2x a week.

Behind closed doors I would imagine. Geelong have been picky in the past about practice matches thats not official.
So that would be the end of this month. Prob why they are ramping up match sims 2x a week.
My first thoughts were bugger, it will be a bloody lockout at Geelong. Hope we're wrong about closed doors though as I cannot make the one at Etihad.

Well they can have Closed Games/Training as they are in there own Stadium

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well they can have Closed Games/Training as they are in there own Stadium

Well it’s actually largely a taxpayers stadium. Fed govt funding was largely based on the stadiums community benefit.

Teasing a live stream of the practice match against Geelong on Friday?

Fully appreciate that footy clubs need to run a tight ship as far as expenses go ...

... and now more than ever before ...

... but gee, aren’t they taking it a bit far worrying about the cost of streaming an intra club match during the pre-season?!?

Shouldn’t they be looking for ways to deliver value to their members in the middle of a pandemic?

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Fully appreciate that footy clubs need to run a tight ship as far as expenses go ...

... and now more than ever before ...

... but gee, aren’t they taking it a bit far worrying about the cost of streaming an intra club match during the pre-season?!?

Shouldn’t they be looking for ways to deliver value to their members in the middle of a pandemic?
Even local cricket teams are streaming their matches these days with single cam stationary camera set ups.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back