News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Some valid assessment here.

I agree with most of the points made, but these articles always lose me when they spout stuff like this:

“We spoke about Isaac Quaynor on Toby Greene … I can’t believe Jack Madgen was lining up on Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti on the weekend. It was just the worst matchup I’ve ever seen.”

“I couldn’t work it out and he kicked five. He didn’t kick five on Jack, but you had Quaynor and John Noble there and I thought they were perfect matchups for him.

From where I was sitting Quaynor was on AMT for the vast majority of the game. Madgen seemed to pick him up only when IQ was on the bench or had ventured further up the ground with the ball.

Rendell is a burnt former employee. Not sure he's the best source of objective feedback.

Re the match-ups he highlighted, he failed to mention that Rantall and Mcrae were getting a touched up in the middle.

He also didn't mention that we had 0 run out of the backline and Quaynor was probably the only guy actually creating anything for us.

For a guy who has been around footy as long as he has, he seems pretty basic in his analysis.

Rendell is a burnt former employee. Not sure he's the best source of objective feedback.

Re the match-ups he highlighted, he failed to mention that Rantall and Mcrae were getting a touched up in the middle.

He also didn't mention that we had 0 run out of the backline and Quaynor was probably the only guy actually creating anything for us.

For a guy who has been around footy as long as he has, he seems pretty basic in his analysis.

Rendell's opinion is just that, his opinion. Hasn't been at the club since covid hit last year and while he still may have greater insight's into what was happening while he was there, and likely a few people who remain who he still talks with, a lot can happen in 13-14 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly he means more harshly than is the norm.

Harsh is the norm. I used to think Collingwood supporters were pretty rational, rather stoic. But social media has shown me we have just as many who’ll eat their own as any other club. Gutless keyboard warriors all to happy to stick the boots into our players. Players who are infinitely better than them. Some people seriously need to get some therapy because their anger and vitriol is clearly misplaced.

Last edited:
True - looking at some other Collingwood fan boards they have gone mental.

Hine and Guy are the authors of our doom with their mismanagement of the salary cap. Everyone knew this coupled with the retirement of 5 senior players meant 2021 would be a tough year.

But they are unloading their vitriol on Buckley at warp speed and the only thing they haven't blamed him for is COvid19, well not yet anyway.

I can understand some of the criticisms, but they are now over the top and just delirious and deleterious venting.

True - looking at some other Collingwood fan boards they have gone mental.

Hine and Guy are the authors of our doom with their mismanagement of the salary cap. Everyone knew this coupled with the retirement of 5 senior players meant 2021 would be a tough year.

But they are unloading their vitriol on Buckley at warp speed and the only thing they haven't blamed him for is COvid19, well not yet anyway.

I can understand some of the criticisms, but they are now over the top and just delirious and deleterious venting.
You have a point but Bucks has not helped himself by some bizarre match-ups and positional moves which have hurt us. I reckon from looking on today the players looked like they have lost faith in his failed game plan.

As I said I can understand some of the criticisms, but when your admin team present you with a decimated playing list, it is hard to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Having a list churn of 14 in one year is never conducive to team cohesiveness.

Buckley may still have to go, but he shouldn't be scapegoated. Hine and Guy are the No 1 culprits. They are still there. How? Their failing is a very public one.

As I said I can understand some of the criticisms, but when your admin team present you with a decimated playing list, it is hard to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Having a list churn of 14 in one year is never conducive to team cohesiveness.

Buckley may still have to go, but he shouldn't be scapegoated. Hine and Guy are the No 1 culprits. They are still there. How? Their failing is a very public one.
True but surely Bucks himself was invested in at least some of those decisions.

Taking part in decisions the club is forced to make after the player payments have been screwed up is one thing - but if Hine and Guy had done their job properly like other teams seem to do, those decisions would not be necessary.

Bucks doesn't tell them what to pay.

A lot of people who want Buckley gone also think Hine and Guy need to go as well.

They all need to step aside and allow for a fresh start for the club.

Taking part in decisions the club is forced to make after the player payments have been screwed up is one thing - but if Hine and Guy had done their job properly like other teams seem to do, those decisions would not be necessary.

Bucks doesn't tell them what to pay.
I agree but also reckon that he could have vetoed trades like Mayne, Beams and Wells.

He just maybe, which means there is no better situation, down the bottom we go, nearly there as I scribe.

Might have to stock up on more IPA's Jmac
No might about it!
Having said that, the IPA situation would be the same if we were on top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back