News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the more balanced articles from Michael. He usually finds an opportunity to promote himself. He would know more about the patience of the Pie fans, although I'm still not convinced. The evidence would indicate that the club doesn't change coaches or administrators a lot, so he makes a good case.

I noted the players who didnt make the team with Melbourne's win. We are a long way from that, although we do have some good players. Let's hope he's right about Mcrae and our future.
I am amazed the Carlton President and CEO jointly announcing that the club expects as a minimum any incoming coach has to have Carlton play finals in 2022.
Before they even have a coach.

Love the fact he is genuinely pumped to be coaching us.
This is the key as far as I'm concerned. He has no ego. He talks of feeling so proud to be in charge of a club with our size and history. He was over the moon when Wrighty told him he was our man!
So refreshing to see the mask of "professionalism" and keeping a lid on emotions thrown out the window.
Bucks was a masterful media man when it came to deft handling of tough questions and saying a lot without saying anything but he rarely lowered his guard and let us in.
I think we are in for an enjoyable ride folks.🥰

Interesting but that background chanting was excruciating.
Agree.
How the hell did the human race survive before some halfwit decided every second of our lives needs an emotive soundtrack?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Pies,

A bit happening between the Hawks and Pies off-field...what are your thoughts on Robert Harvey? We are happy at the hawks to get him across given his level of experience.

Happy/sad to see him go? What part of the ground was he looking after this year when assistant?

Hi Pies,

A bit happening between the Hawks and Pies off-field...what are your thoughts on Robert Harvey? We are happy at the hawks to get him across given his level of experience.

Happy/sad to see him go? What part of the ground was he looking after this year when assistant?
I think the phrase "mixed reviews" might be appropriate.
From all accounts the players loved him.
I think he is best described as a loyal lieutenant. Not sure where he started this year but he ended up with the main caretaker role.
I think in general, the feedback you get here will probably reflect the fact that he will always be associated with the Buckley years

Hi Pies,

I think happy but nothing against him, was time for change at Collingwood, he was popular by all accounts and had us playing a better brand of football in his short stint. Should work well with Mitchell.

Hi Pies,

Was part of the general clean out at CFC.
With President, Football Boss, List Manager, Senior Coach & assistant coaches all out the door.
Wiped the slate clean & reboot.
He obviously did something right to remain at the club for over 10 years.
Had many detractors (so did Bucks), however most of it based on opinion not actual knowledge of his ability, performance & direct impact on players.
My call…a good get.

Hi Pies,

There's some pretty rose tinted replies here, I see. Most people on this board have been praying for Harvey to leave for several years. He spent a long time as our midfield coach at a time when our midfield played very ordinarily, particularly at centre bounces.

But it's always hard to gauge how well assistant coaches are doing, the players seemed to like him and he also seems well regarded in the industry. So in summary :shrug:.

Hi Pies,

Plenty here will be nice towards him since he's left but whatever area or line he coaches will be the worst in your team. His handover after Buckely was abysmal and the worst coached Collingwood side I've seen in my lifetime. His experience and positive reputation as a person is the only reason he's still got a coaching job.

Hi Pies,

10 years at the pies and think McRae is a better fit as senior coach. Change is probably good for club/Harvey.

Difficult to judge what his strengths were as an assistant. As senior coach he seemed to lack a plan b, so perhaps strategy is an area of improvement? He did improve his media presence over his weeks as senior coach, at lot less umms and ahhs as he spent more time in the role. Think that time will help his assistant role.

Thanks. Interesting. Didnt like the comment about your centre bounces being poor as ours have been terrible too - picked up a bit late in the year. Hoping to turn it around with new assistants.

We were pretty keen to see Bolton go for similar reasons - the change thing was a key driver too given his strong association with Clarko.

Hi Pies,

He will 100% Agree what Mitchell's Ideas

What I find interesting is we’re targeting assistants with a role/line in mind. Harvey said on radio that he’ll mentor younger assistants and be in charge of a line, but the specifics and which line are still being worked out.

There's some pretty rose tinted replies here, I see. Most people on this board have been praying for Harvey to leave for several years. He spent a long time as our midfield coach at a time when our midfield played very ordinarily, particularly at centre bounces.

But it's always hard to gauge how well assistant coaches are doing, the players seemed to like him and he also seems well regarded in the industry. So in summary :shrug:.

X2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back