Collingwood player’s want Buckley replaced as coach before season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The Footyology podcast with Rohan Connolly/ Mark Fine claimed that Roughead & Grundy have openly questioned the game plan. They also said that other players are angry with DeGoey for playing for himself ahead of the team.

Those 2 are usually pretty solid but 100% believe the de goey one, never grew up and thinks his talent means he doesn't have to work.

I have been advocating trading him years ago when this was clear that he never grow up. Now you struggle to get good value and clear him off the books.

For example, I cannot think of any manager in the EPL/LaLiga/Serie A ...who would not win anything (anything at all) and keep his job for 10 years. Every night he goes to bed he must check his bank balance and laugh..

There is only one trophy in AFL, that’s a big difference. One and one only.

Eddie Howe could have had a job at Bournemouth for life if he was so inclined.

Unsure how Collingwood go this week. Going to be interesting for the players to pick up the ball with all the blood on their hands

For example, I cannot think of any manager in the EPL/LaLiga/Serie A ...who would not win anything (anything at all) and keep his job for 10 years. Every night he goes to bed he must check his bank balance and laugh..
Not seriously comparing EPL & LaLiga with an AFL coach? Mourinho has made over £100 million pounds from failing and been fired from Chelsea, Man Utd and now Tottenham. Back in Italy desperately trying to resurrect his career.

Collingwood will be playing with an exuberant Joie de Vivre this Queens Holiday, gaily swapping positions and engaging in laughter and banter as they toss the Sherrington around like a game of pass the parcel on nitrous oxide.

Not seriously comparing EPL & LaLiga with an AFL coach? Mourinho has made over £100 million pounds from failing and been fired from Chelsea, Man Utd and now Tottenham. Back in Italy desperately trying to resurrect his career.
I think you will find the special one has won more titles in his career in Portugal, Spain ,Italy and England in more difficult competitions than Buckley?

I think you will find the special one has won more titles in his career in Portugal, Spain ,Italy and England in more difficult competitions than Buckley?
Yes, but his day has passed. He has a team worth £350 million and they call him a genius. Do what Bielsa did at Leeds, now there is a genius. Buckley is very unlucky not to have played and coached Premiership teams. As an outsider looking in, the whole Malthouse debacle did Buckely no favors. He probably should have taken the North job and gotten out of Collingwood for a few years just to see how things were gone elsewhere. He would have come back as a better rounded coach.

I remember Tony Shaw being offered the assistant's job by Parkin at Carlton. He should have grabbed it, as I believe he could have been one of the better coaches in the AFL if he had done his apprenticeship. Understandably he took the Collingwood job but it ended his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back