Status
Not open for further replies.

The Finger

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2010
Upwey
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why is it insulting? You haven't given any proof of Eddie promoting stories like this. The only claim you made of Hutchy wasn't even correct.

If you honestly beleive Eddie never broke and pushed a story about AFL clubs and players your deluded. Did you ever watch the Footy Show when he was host? How many times did he start the show with the line he has a massive story to break FFS. Eddie has to cop it sweet and as for Hutchy that was my point he broke it when he worked at seven then got picked up by Nine. If Eddie felt so strong about fairness why would he get Hutchy across?

brjafi

Club Legend
Suspended
Aug 15, 2009
Earth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
new orleans hornets
will mick have problems sledging his own players?

let me be the first to say, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

dear colllingwood, when penis is erected and you dont have a girfriend and no woman you know will have sex with you, ITS CALLED A BROTHEL. use it next time

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you honestly beleive Eddie never broke and pushed a story about AFL clubs and players your deluded. Did you ever watch the Footy Show when he was host? How many times did he start the show with the line he has a massive story to break FFS. Eddie has to cop it sweet and as for Hutchy that was my point he broke it when he worked at seven then got picked up by Nine. If Eddie felt so strong about fairness why would he get Hutchy across?

Exactly.

I flat out dislike the double standard this guy consistently throws back at the football world.

poulsman

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't think there was a lot of sympathy for Fev in recent times. Named and suspended by Brisbane before even being interviewed by police. I didn't hear Eddie up in arms then - credibility zero.

These players have been interviewed by the police, not the secret police. Why doesn't the public have the right to know ?

I remember Ed talking quite compassionately about Fev on his morning radio show. Admittedly he did call him a 'peanut' a few hundred times, but he definitely championed the notion of a second chance and waiting until the facts came out. You're right though, there was very little sympathy for him in the media, but I think you'll find Eddie was one who at least came the closest to displaying it.

And remember - WE DO NOT KNOW THE DETAILS OF THESE POLICE INTERVIEWS.
There is a chance that the two players are nothing more than witnesses.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
well there could be only 1 court case to come out of this tbh and it might not be a the sexual assault case. it could beam and the other bloke suing mitchell

if it turns out shes she was just feeling guilty for doing something stupid and accused them of rape the day after (like some people think is the case) then i would think the players would sue her too. i can see it happening like this:

players guilty:
police charge players

no evidence/case:
players sue mitchell

fabricated rape accusation:
players sue girl and mitchell

either way you can see this ending in a bit of a mess, but i suppose cases of rape in the public eye always do.

Syrah

All Australian
Sep 17, 2006
South
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Although I'm not a Mitchell fan, I don't see too much of a problem with what he's done.

Anyone with the slighest interest in the case would already know the two players involved, so he's hardly breaking the news (along with the numerous hints on this site, I saw them on another news site a couple of days ago).

There's no denial from Colllingwood that they are the two involved, so unlike the Kosi case, he's obviously named the right two players.

If you honestly beleive Eddie never broke and pushed a story about AFL clubs and players your deluded. Did you ever watch the Footy Show when he was host?

Did he ever name players when police have requested the media not too?

and as for Hutchy that was my point he broke it when he worked at seven then got picked up by Nine. If Eddie felt so strong about fairness why would he get Hutchy across?

Rubbish that was your point - you thought he worked for channel 9 at the time, now just trying to cover it with another angle.

Now, having said that, I doubt anyone with half an interest didn't already know the players named, and of course Eddie is going to fire up to protect his club. All of you would be doing the same if it was your club involved!

I remember Ed talking quite compassionately about Fev on his morning radio show. Admittedly he did call him a 'peanut' a few hundred times, but he definitely championed the notion of a second chance and waiting until the facts came out. You're right though, there was very little sympathy for him in the media, but I think you'll find Eddie was one who at least came the closest to displaying it.

And remember - WE DO NOT KNOW THE DETAILS OF THESE POLICE INTERVIEWS.
There is a chance that the two players are nothing more than witnesses.

no we dont. but the question is will that stop mick malthouse calling them "f**king rapist"

sgnl00

All Australian
Apr 11, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Although I'm not a Mitchell fan, I don't see too much of a problem with what he's done.

Anyone with the slighest interest in the case would already know the two players involved, so he's hardly breaking the news (along with the numerous hints on this site, I saw them on another news site a couple of days ago).

There's no denial from Colllingwood that they are the two involved, so unlike the Kosi case, he's obviously named the right two players.

The wider public, etc. probably did not know and now the players will probably have 'rapist' taunts aimed at them for the rest of their career, whether innocent or guilty, ala Milne.

The Finger

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2010
Upwey
AFL Club
Melbourne
Did he ever name players when police have requested the media not too?

Rubbish that was your point - you thought he worked for channel 9 at the time, now just trying to cover it with another angle.

Im sure the Police would prefer no one get named in these situations but Eddie always did.

Yes I did know were Hutchy worked and my point was made clear.

Yes I did know were Hutchy worked and my point was made clear.

Yes, "What station was Hutchy working for" clearly meant you thought he worked at channel 7 and was brought across to channel 9 by Ed after the event, hence the insuation Eddie is happy to bring people like Hutchy across to the network. I can't believe I didn't make that connection earlier, how silly of me.

Glad it was clarified later :D

nylexbandit

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
if it turns out shes she was just feeling guilty for doing something stupid and accused them of rape the day after (like some people think is the case) then i would think the players would sue her too. i can see it happening like this:

players guilty:
police charge players

no evidence/case:
players sue mitchell

fabricated rape accusation:
players sue girl and mitchell

either way you can see this ending in a bit of a mess, but i suppose cases of rape in the public eye always do.

How are the players going to sue neil mitchell? Didn't he simply say they were the ones questioned by the police? In which case it's a factual statement. He also stressed that they were not guilty of anything and had strenuously denied wrongdoing.

The Finger

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2010
Upwey
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes, "What station was Hutchy working for" clearly meant you thought he worked at channel 7 and was brought across to channel 9 by Ed after the event, hence the insuation Eddie is happy to bring people like Hutchy across to the network. I can't believe I didn't make that connection earlier, how silly of me.

Glad it was clarified later :D

Just pointing out that Eddie takes the high ground when its his club. If he felt so strongly about what these media rats do he would never have got Hutchy. Or is it a case of keeping rats like Hutchy close to him so they wont burn him or the club?

PK

The SuperCoach
Feb 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
What is wrong with the culture at Collingwood? There is seriously something wrong there. Why is it they breed more idiots and thugs than any other club? Their players just seem to put themselves in risky and uneccesary situations. I'm not saying all these incidences are the players fault. But even their supporters are in on the act....

-Dayne Beams & John McCarthy alleged sexual assault
-Father of Nathan Jones assaulted after telling a Collingwood supporter to "stop swearing, there are small kids around"
-Heath Shaw warned by a magistrate to curb his drinking or risk going to jail and ruining his AFL career
-Simon Buckley keys his ex-girlfriend's car after a break-up
-Dane Swan has a tooth knocked out at Eve nightclub
-Mick Malthouse ironically calls Stephen Milne a "rapist" in a major public event. He then lies to the media and the club. He then backtacks and doesn't even have the common decency to pick up a phone and apologise.
-Paul Licuria implies he would like to fight Milne in the carpark

-Scott Pendlebury is bashed, allegedly after "
Pendlebury's group was obnoxious and one of them pushed a woman on the pavement, leading to the fight."
-A bullet is fired at Travis Cloke's house
-Ryan Cook is charged over an alleged assault of a man, causing facial injuries requiring surgery

-Travis Cloke hurt in an altercation on the Gold Coast
-Heath Shaw drink drives and crashes into two parked cars. Didak and Shaw lie to the club.
-Sharrod Wellingham drink drives and loses licence

-
Alan Didak was questioned by police in June over his acquaintance with Christopher Wayne Hudson, who Didak drank with at 4am in a strip club before a wild ride in the week before the CBD shootings
-Brodie Holland put a woman in a headlock and punched her in the face

-Alan Didak is arrested after a dispute over a $15 cab fare with a taxi driver
-Chris Tarrant and Ben Johnson are charged for rendering a man unconcious and causing facial injuries.
-Chad Morrison is caught drink driving and loses his licence
-
Dane Swan is found guilty of criminal damage and assault charges arising from a brawl at Federation Square where he and a group of men attacked a cleaner and three security guards
-
Brodie Holland was charged with assaulting two women out the front of a Melbourne nightclub
-
Brodie Holland was fined over various driving offences including driving without a license and driving recklessly

Are these just coincidences?

OneEyed35

Debutant
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Like they sacked Didak and Swan.... Um wait a minute..

For what...telling a lie? I don't Shaw is the only AFL player that has either been caught speeding or drink driving. There's probably been a Melbourne player too... but you just don't hear about that cause no one gives a s**t about Melbourne.

When Didak and Shaw were suspended for the season (including finals), a lot of media/football people were saying the penalty was too harsh! We've come to learn that at Collingwood... you can't win either way.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
What is wrong with the culture at Collingwood? There is seriously something wrong there. Why is it they breed more idiots and thugs than any other club? Their players just seem to put themselves in risky and uneccesary situations. I'm not saying all these incidences are the players fault. But even their supporters are in on the act....

-Father of Nathan Jones assaulted after telling a Collingwood supporter to "stop swearing, there are small kids around"
-Heath Shaw warned by a magistrate to curb his drinking or risk going to jail and ruining his AFL career
-Mick Malthouse ironically calls Stephen Milne a "rapist" in a major public event. He then lies to the media and the club. He then backtacks and doesn't even have the common decency to pick up a phone and apologise.

Pendlebury's group was obnoxious and one of them pushed a woman on the pavement, leading to the fight."
-Ryan Cook is charged over an alleged assault of a man, causing facial injuries requiring surgery

-Heath Shaw drink drives and crashes into two parked cars. Didak and Shaw lie to the club.

-
Alan Didak was questioned by police in June over his acquaintance with Christopher Wayne Hudson, who Didak drank with at 4am in a strip club before a wild ride in the week before the CBD shootings

-Chris Tarrant and Ben Johnson are charged for rendering a man unconcious and causing facial injuries.
-
Dane Swan is found guilty of criminal damage and assault charges arising from a brawl at Federation Square where he and a group of men attacked a cleaner and three security guards
-
Brodie Holland was charged with assaulting two women out the front of a Melbourne nightclub
-
Brodie Holland was fined over various driving offences including driving without a license and driving recklessly

Are these just coincidences?

Take that s**t to the Bay mate every club in the league has had issues with player behaviour in the recent past, your club is no exception.

The Finger

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2010
Upwey
AFL Club
Melbourne
What is wrong with the culture at Collingwood? There is seriously something wrong there. Why is it they breed more idiots and thugs than any other club? Their players just seem to put themselves in risky and uneccesary situations. I'm not saying all these incidences are the players fault. But even their supporters are in on the act....​

-Ryan Cook is charged over an alleged assault of a man, causing facial injuries requiring surgery​

-

-

-

-

Are these just coincidences?​

The reason they keep doing it is because they get away with it. Why havnt the AFL ever put the heavy hand on Collingwood? Or are they scared?

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
How are the players going to sue neil mitchell? Didn't he simply say they were the ones questioned by the police? In which case it's a factual statement. He also stressed that they were not guilty of anything and had strenuously denied wrongdoing.

i would think that because the club, players and police had chosen not to release their names, it may breach some form of privacy. we have seen before where people have been in trouble for releasing names of people who are being investigated or even charged with crimes (like when people release the names or convicted rapists/kiddy fiddlers etc that are living in the public again). they may also think there is a defamation case because regardless of the outcome of the investigation they will always be 'accused rapists' now, where if their names had never been released and the investigation falls apart they may not be.

PK

The SuperCoach
Feb 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Take that s**t to the Bay mate every club in the league has had issues with player behaviour in the recent past, your club is no exception.

Take it to the bay when 95% of what I posted is fact, and 5% my own musings? Yes, every club in the league has had issues with player behaviour, but not as much as collingwood. Therefore, I found it to be a reasonable question to ask, as it is fair to draw the correlation between "club played for" and "player behaviour", in this instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back