Collingwood players ban Robbo/Herald Sun.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking they would still have Bucks appear, but have a fill in on Monday nights. Or just have Gerard during that segment.

Yet Buckley is on with Robbo. Hypocrite
Contractual blah and besides that, I don't think the playergroup is too upset with Bucks on AFL360. He has flayed Robbo a few times now when it comes to defending his players. Actually surprised Robbo still wants him on the show.
#lazyjournalism
#lowtresholdofintegrity

Yet Buckley is on with Robbo. Hypocrite
I must have missed the part where Buckley is part of the playing group...

You clearly missed the part where it's blindingly obvious that in the real world the "player group" in an AFL Club does not make decisions to do this kind of thing.

PERT: Hey Ed, I've been pushing the bullshit that the Club needs to have control of the druggies for three years now.
EDDIE: You've done a great job controlling the narrative, mate. Keep it up. If we can get our hands on this it will be a great list management tool. We'll be able to keep the ones who can play and say how well they are doing in recovery, and still terminate the contracts of the list cloggers. If we're in charge nobody will be able to contradict us when we say the s**t players had a bad attitude to staying off the whoopee juice.
PERT: One thing Ed, the players have got a bug in their bum over Slobbo saying half of them are druggies.
EDDIE: But you've been saying that for years mate. What's the problem?
PERT: Dunno, but they're really fired up. They've decided to refuse all contact with Slobbo as payback.
EDDIE: No problem mate. They're all intelligent young men, unlike the dumb campaigners at other Clubs. I'm sure they'll instinctively stick to what we are trying to get done. In fact I've been considering letting them change the structures during games too. Let 'em all run around after the ball like the we did in the Broadmeadows under 9s. It's much more fun.

I'm sure that's just how it happened.....

Valid point. Otherwise it's just posturing.
Or they looked at the pros & cons and thought not worth the money.
Nobody that gains anything significant from a courtcase except lawyers.

You clearly missed the part where it's blindingly obvious that in the real world the "player group" in an AFL Club does not make decisions to do this kind of thing.

PERT: Hey Ed, I've been pushing the bullshit that the Club needs to have control of the druggies for three years now.
EDDIE: You've done a great job controlling the narrative, mate. Keep it up. If we can get our hands on this it will be a great list management tool. We'll be able to keep the ones who can play and say how well they are doing in recovery, and still terminate the contracts of the list cloggers. If we're in charge nobody will be able to contradict us when we say the s**t players had a bad attitude to staying off the whoopee juice.
PERT: One thing Ed, the players have got a bug in their bum over Slobbo saying half of them are druggies.
PERT: Dunno, but they're really fired up. They've decided to refuse all contact with Slobbo as payback.
EDDIE: No problem mate. They're all intelligent young men, unlike the dumb campaigners at other Clubs. I'm sure they'll instinctively stick to what we are trying to get done. In fact I've been considering letting them change the structures during games too. Let 'em all run around after the ball like the we did in the Broadmeadows under 9s. It's much more fun.

Still maintaining the rage?

I'll take your word for it ;)

So he doesn't support them? Imagine your coach not enforcing what his players do but the players having to enforce what the coach says? Makes for great leadership.
It's a fair enough point, but let's be honest contractually I doubt he could just say no I'm not doing 360.

They probably want him on there, all he does is take robbo to account anyway.

Yep, it staggered me when Robbo named the Bombers players (who had a right to anonymity) and published their photos. This from a bloke that purportedly barracks for Essendon.

It's no stretch to see the depths he'll stoop to in denigrating other clubs.

I honestly think that Robbo lacks the common sense to understand why a club would have a problem with these sort of actions. He's not trying to be a prick; he's just really, really stupid.

I honestly think that Robbo lacks the common sense to understand why a club would have a problem with these sort of actions. He's not trying to be a prick; he's just really, really stupid.
Which begs the question - how the F### does Robbo get to be the Herald Sun's Chief Football Writer? Did he win a competition? Does he have photos of Rupert with a hamster? Or something even more sinister (an Essendon-related plot? A right-wing psychological ploy to keep all football readers agitated?)

Every time I read one of his articles, two things happen:
- I feel 10 percent dumber for having read it.
- I wonder "how the F### does he get Robbo be the Herald Sun's Chief Football Writer?".

Ditto for his appearances on radio and Foxtel. Rinse and repeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You been under a rock the last few weeks?

He wrote a story that up to 11 Collingwood players were on the gear. That comes as no surprise to anyone who's ever been out and about in the last couple of years. He says he tried to get numbers for other clubs and failed.

So what?

Seems to me the bigger issue is the players who think they're above the law. And they do.

Which begs the question - how the F### does Robbo get to be the Herald Sun's Chief Football Writer? Did he win a competition? Does he have photos of Rupert with a hamster? Or something even more sinister (an Essendon-related plot? A right-wing psychological ploy to keep all football readers agitated?)

Every time I read one of his articles, two things happen:
- I feel 10 percent dumber for having read it.
- I wonder "how the F### does he get Robbo be the Herald Sun's Chief Football Writer?".

Ditto for his appearances on radio and Foxtel. Rinse and repeat.
Which begs the question - why the F### do you keep reading them?
10% dumber each time eh!

He wrote a story that up to 11 Collingwood players were on the gear. That comes as no surprise to anyone who's ever been out and about in the last couple of years. He says he tried to get numbers for other clubs and failed.

So what?

Seems to me the bigger issue is the players who think they're above the law. And they do.

Wasn't aware there was a law which prohibits getting on the gear, be great if you could link me to it thx

So what?

BREAKING NEWS

Up to 46 Sydney Swans players have tested positive to illicit drugs following off-season hair testing.

So what?

He reported incorrectly and made up the figures, didn't fact check.

Wasn't aware there was a law which prohibits getting on the gear, be great if you could link me to it thx

Sure.

S.75 of the Drug, Poisons and Controlled Substances Act 1981 prohibits the use of a drug of dependence as defined in that Act.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/dpacsa1981422/s75.html

Drugs of dependence are defined as those listed thus in Schedule 11.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/dpacsa1981422/s4.html

Schedule 11 lists Cocaine in Column 1 of Part 3.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/dpacsa1981422/sch11.html

Happy?

Which begs the question - why the F### do you keep reading them?
10% dumber each time eh!
Bear in mind that I started at around 9000%, so I still have a little to spare.

I keep reading them (occasionally) for the same reason people slow down to look at car crashes. And look at my avatar FFS - something has to keep my anger at this level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back