Collingwood-Richmond, is it a one way or two way rivalry?

Remove this Banner Ad

No one cares about the 16 flags you cheated your way to winning all those years ago. Like Essendon and Geelong, your success* was won* with no honour. One simply cannot claim to be a Carlton or Essendon or Geelong supporter and have self esteem. It's an oxymoron. Any success in living memory comes from the benefits of cheating and unsporting advantages that the AFL has either tried desperately (occasionally failed) to sweep under the carpet, or manufactured. FFS Mark Robinson and Gerard Whately are your media poster boys. You're truely pathetic.

Collingwood might be scum, but at least they're not filthy cheats or entitled wingers (although they too get gifted many unsporting advantages). At least the pitifully little success they've had in the last 60 years has been kind of earned, not stolen.

Richmond alone stand clear of the pack, having won success against all odds. Building a team through the most compromised drafts in history, having year in/year out the worst umpiring in the comp, and the AFL introducing 1/2 a dozen rules to "bring Richmond back to the field" etc. etc.. Yet Richmond has overcome all obstacles placed in our way. Imagine how many more premierships Richmond would have won were they treated like little Geelong? We'd be lining up for our 8peat.

We have no rivals. No one stands in our space. We just have jealous, pitiful foes, desperate for our attention, who cannot fathom success with honour.

I need to say this : i love you !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

the-office-steve-carell.gif

It's true. I was sporting a s**t eating grin as I so humorously shut you down.

No one cares about the 16 flags you cheated your way to winning all those years ago. Like Essendon and Geelong, your success* was won* with no honour. One simply cannot claim to be a Carlton or Essendon or Geelong supporter and have self esteem. It's an oxymoron. Any success in living memory comes from the benefits of cheating and unsporting advantages that the AFL has either tried desperately (occasionally failed) to sweep under the carpet, or manufactured. FFS Mark Robinson and Gerard Whately are your media poster boys. You're truely pathetic.

Collingwood might be scum, but at least they're not filthy cheats or entitled wingers (although they too get gifted many unsporting advantages). At least the pitifully little success they've had in the last 60 years has been kind of earned, not stolen.

Richmond alone stand clear of the pack, having won success against all odds. Building a team through the most compromised drafts in history, having year in/year out the worst umpiring in the comp, and the AFL introducing 1/2 a dozen rules to "bring Richmond back to the field" etc. etc.. Yet Richmond has overcome all obstacles placed in our way. Imagine how many more premierships Richmond would have won were they treated like little Geelong? We'd be lining up for our 8peat.

We have no rivals. No one stands in our space. We just have jealous, pitiful foes, desperate for our attention, who cannot fathom success with honour.
What a classic Tiger supporting whiner you are

What a classic Tiger supporting whiner you are

You are one of the more reasonable and informed posters on the main board. I would think you would know that what was stated in the post was pretty accurate. it’d be good if you could dissect the post and highlight what is a whinge and what is accurate. I don’t understand how you label the post as a whine/ whinge .

Happy new year bro !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How do neutrals see the Collingwood-Richmond rivalry? Is it a genuine two way rivalry that runs both ways, or is it a one way rivalry?

I ask this because it seems like it's mostly a one way rivalry from Richmond's end, while Collingwood don't seem to care about Richmond as much as Richmond care about Collingwood.

Still a bit sore about 2020 then mate?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah. Especially Carlton. Dont want to ever see them contend under any circumstance. I just have a thought and fervent hope that despite some merit in their current list the Blues have lived in mediocrity and much worse for generations now that its become ingrained in their DNA. A new Saint Kilda themed club if you like. That they are now destined to throw away whatever riches they are given time and time again. Ultimately it will cancel their successful history and their supporters will just be shells, shells who have lost the fight and just accept their place as a nothing club.

Now that is something really worth praying for.
But dont you feel sorry for their kids ?

All these poor young kids suffering every week because their fathers make them support a club that was once a proud club but now are the worst performed team this century.

Its just not fair all these carlton supporters kids following clubs like Richmond

in the late 60's early 70's it was a 3 way rivalry Pies Tigers Blues
lots of H&A block buster games , you could see your sides players get themselves up for the games

then there was the war between officials with Pies Tigers late 70's early 80's
I wasn't sure what affect that had on the supporters and moved away from Melb. in 83

The Tigers had their long dark period and I think any rivalry just died a natural death

I'm unaware of any controvesry or string of close games since to have reignited it

in the late 60's early 70's it was a 3 way rivalry Pies Tigers Blues
lots of H&A block buster games , you could see your sides players get themselves up for the games

then there was the war between officials with Pies Tigers late 70's early 80's
I wasn't sure what affect that had on the supporters and moved away from Melb. in 83

The Tigers had their long dark period and I think any rivalry just died a natural death

I'm unaware of any controvesry or string of close games since to have reignited it
Tigers, Blues and Pies rivalries were huge up until the mid 80's, Massive crowds at Waverley, MCG, Princes Park, and Vic Park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back