Collingwood-Richmond, is it a one way or two way rivalry?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny that the Pies vs Richmond 'supporter base' argument is even still an ironic trolling meme, when recent polling had Richmond below Carlton and even Geelong.

Clearly the top 2 supported Melbourne clubs around Australia are Collingwood and Essendon. If Essendon finally stop sucking, there's a reasonable chance we'll find out they are number 1.

If we are going to engage in a mock internet sh*tfight over something so meaningless, let's at least have it make sense and not involve a minnow club like the Tiges in such a discussion.

Cool thanks, still 64 years ago. Should really stick to AFL ere when having a pissing contest
Why?

This thread is about a rivalry, and longevity is an important factor in assessing levels of rivalry.

Suggest the fact Richmond disappear from relevance for multiple decades at a time is a key reason as to why Collingwood supporters do not consider our rivalry with Richmond at the same level as many other teams.

If they were genuine rivals, we wouldn't have had Collingwood supporters wearing Richmond guernseys on Grand Final Day in 2017 and ecstatic about the result for their long suffering Richmond supporting friends.

1990 and 2010 is the only ones after ww2 that I'm aware of. Please correct me?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
There's this thing called the internet that enables you to do a quick search to find out:
1. The dates of World War 2, and
2. The VFL/AFL premiers by year.

You should try using it one day, it's a very helpful tool.

It's funny that the Pies vs Richmond 'supporter base' argument is even still an ironic trolling meme, when recent polling had Richmond below Carlton and even Geelong.

Clearly the top 2 supported Melbourne clubs around Australia are Collingwood and Essendon. If Essendon finally stop sucking, there's a reasonable chance we'll find out they are number 1.

If we are going to engage in a mock internet sh*tfight over something so meaningless, let's at least have it make sense and not involve a minnow club like the Tiges in such a discussion.
Richmond drew 95k to a final against GWS while Collingwood drew 78k and 72k to finals against GWS. Surely that must count for something?

All our "rivalries" are one-way

We're the biggest club with the most supporters and have won the most games and in front of the largest attendances and the other 17 clubs are just insanely jealous
Not really,I was pretty stoked knocking Carlton out of finals by 1 POINT, it was better than thrashing them, and it's even better now seeing them already saying how good they are going to be next year.

Who finish the dream next year, hope it's us again, feels good.

I do.

I follow Collingwood, great supporters, so lucky I picked them, nearly picked Richmond, most likely woulda turned out a w***er like you.
LOL

The definition of insanity is when you do the same thing over the over, expecting different results.

Keep that in mind when your heart is broken in the finals yet again.

Then you'll go to centrelink and get my tax money

The definition of insanity is when you do the same thing over the over, expecting different results.

Keep that in mind when your heart is broken in the finals yet again.

Then you'll go to centrelink and get my tax money
Please enlighten us, what is the same thing Collingwood are doing over and over?

Winning enough games of footy to qualify for finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You say that word a bit I notice, habit?

Can you pay tax on the dole?
You and your kind would know.

Listen, this isnt a rivalry.

No Richmond supporter cares about you guys, but your club certainly picked the best Intel we had to be a secondary version of what the Tigers broke ground to become

You and your kind would know.

Listen, this isnt a rivalry.

No Richmond supporter cares about you guys, but your club certainly picked the best Intel we had to be a secondary version of what the Tigers broke ground to become
So it's me and my kind.

Listen.

NO Richmond supporter.

Remember i called you a w***er?
Read those words, take them in, think about it for a bit, and that will tell you why i called you a w***er.

So it's me and my kind.

Listen.

NO Richmond supporter.

Remember i called you a w***er?
Read those words, take them in, think about it for a bit, and that will tell you why i called you a w***er.
So, you walk around, chest out, boasting about your little black and white army, I pop your bubble with home truths and im the w***er?

Look, straight up,

Before you boast, win a ******* premiership 🤦‍♂️

Just win a grand final.

Win a couple,

Do it consistently,

Your club and supporters at VIC Park were insulting indigenous Australians and people of colour for decades.

The Tigers and Brendon Gale funded the KGI Institute, propelled dreamtime at the g, came up with the concept of the indigenous guernsey designs that all other clubs, including yours copied.

First with 1 million spectators to enter the turnstiles in a year

First club wirh 100,000 members

Could possibly win 4 premierships in 6 years in the modern era.

You wanna impress me? Talk about Collingwoods work with homeless shelters, talk about the transition out of pokie revenue.

The fact you and your kind, sit here and boast about results? For real ? We just won 3 flags, what the hell are you boasting about? Your coach is a Richmond man, he has brought the learnings from Richmond to Collingwood.

You guys are imbeciles, you're having an argument with a white wall, no Richmond supporters are even posting here except me, no one caresssssssssss

This isn't a Richmond/Collingwood argument.

We didn't go around looking for ways to 'do better', and we certainly didn't sack our coach and president for being involved in racial controversy

Just, like, legit, shut up and enjoy your recent run of awesome wins, rather than just to dick measure with a dynasty

Ffs, I hope the truth didn't make you cry but you need to hear it omg one move away from Lumumba coming bsck for more

So, you walk around, chest out, boasting about your little black and white army, I pop your bubble with home truths and im the w***er?

Look, straight up,

Before you boast, win a ******* premiership 🤦‍♂️

Just win a grand final.

Win a couple,

Do it consistently,

Your club and supporters at VIC Park were insulting indigenous Australians and people of colour for decades.

The Tigers and Brendon Gale funded the KGI Institute, propelled dreamtime at the g, came up with the concept of the indigenous guernsey designs that all other clubs, including yours copied.

First with 1 million spectators to enter the turnstiles in a year

First club wirh 100,000 members

Could possibly win 4 premierships in 6 years in the modern era.

You wanna impress me? Talk about Collingwoods work with homeless shelters, talk about the transition out of pokie revenue.

The fact you and your kind, sit here and boast about results? For real ? We just won 3 flags, what the hell are you boasting about? Your coach is a Richmond man, he has brought the learnings from Richmond to Collingwood.

You guys are imbeciles, you're having an argument with a white wall, no Richmond supporters are even posting here except me, no one caresssssssssss

This isn't a Richmond/Collingwood argument.

We didn't go around looking for ways to 'do better', and we certainly didn't sack our coach and president for being involved in racial controversy

Just, like, legit, shut up and enjoy your recent run of awesome wins, rather than just to dick measure with a dynasty

Ffs, I hope the truth didn't make you cry but you need to hear it omg one move away from Lumumba coming bsck for more
Wow, now that's a melt.

Now I can see why they call Richmond fans unstable, it's all here for everyone to see.

The only time that it is a genuine 2 way rivalry is when we play each other. Other than that we both probably hate Carlton a lot more.

True. Obviously Richmond V Collingwood is a big game but for both sets of fans Carlton probably mean more.
I'm a tiger but when the Blues play the Maggies I go for the maggies.
As for "biggest" the fact is that if Essendon ever get going we'll all discover that they are the "biggest" club in Victoria.

Dumb just pisses me off

And you lot, just post dumb s**t
When someone says that his club has no rivalry with another club it is a sure fire certainty that it does. otherwise why say it?
Everyone knows that Richmond V Collingwood have a big rivalry though to be fair it was nice of the Pies to let us have most of the tickets last time we played in a final !!!!!!

When someone says that his club has no rivalry with another club it is a sure fire certainty that it does. otherwise why say it?
Everyone knows that Richmond V Collingwood have a big rivalry though to be fair it was nice of the Pies to let us have most of the tickets last time we played in a final !!!!!!
Talk about dumb s**t.

This is a thread about it, what else will people say in this thread?

Oh, I know, dumb posts.

Other Collingwood supporters may see it as a rivalry, but I certainly don't.

I just loved the Lou Jack dynamic, an upstanding genteel polite exPoliceman and a diminutive loudmouth, yin-yang, am-duong, dark-light.

I used to quite like Richmond fans. Indeed some of my best friends are Tigers fans.

But then they had to go and ruin everything by becoming good and winning a few flags. Like supporters of all clubs whose team wins a flag, they suddenly start to believe they put the air in the ball. The inner analyst comes out and they become insufferable. Yes, even Pies fan post-2010.

I will give the Dogs fans a pass after 2016. I think they were so bloody grateful to win one they were OK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back