Universal Love Collingwood spirit out and about in GF week

Remove this Banner Ad

The great thing about being a Woodsman is that in every corner of the country in the most unexpected places are others, the people who share your passion and your dream.

You’re not wrong there.

I was out on my walk early this morning in my own little corner of Sydney - I went to walk past a bloke who had a slither of telltale black and white poking out from underneath his black hoodie ... as I walked past I asked if that was a Collingwood guernsey underneath - then saw his hoodie was “Star Athletic”, and it was :D

You’re not wrong there.

I was out on my walk early this morning in my own little corner of Sydney - I went to walk past a bloke who had a slither of telltale black and white poking out from underneath his black hoodie ... as I walked past I asked if that was a Collingwood guernsey underneath - then saw his hoodie was “Star Athletic”, and it was :D

Melbourne was good today, went into the city pies jumpers everywhere, the metro inspectors wearing scarfs was I nice touch.

But the best bit was doing a site inspection, the project manager was playing the theme song on hour every hour to annoy the foreman who is a carlton supporter.

Melbourne was good today, went into the city pies jumpers everywhere, the metro inspectors wearing scarfs was I nice touch.

But the best bit was doing a site inspection, the project manager was playing the theme song on hour every hour to annoy the foreman who is a carlton supporter.

Love it.

F U Carlton.

You’re not wrong there.

Walking across a driveway at the Melbourne Show today and was nearly knocked over a bloke in a red station wagon. Was about to give him a spray until I saw the black and white scarf hanging out the window. I quickly sidestepped, very Daicos like, bent down, looked right into the open window and yelled "Caaarn Pies!!!!!!".
Not a remote corner of the world but just another example of how the Pies can bring people together, even when almost inflicting grievous bodily harm.

You’re not wrong there.

:think::D

Amazing how many clients and work colleagues are Pies fans that I'd NEVER seen pre-finals! Happy for them to make some noise.

Yes I had a couple of meetings & clients this morning. Had my little magpie in my office. Had a couple of laughs & magpie man hugs. Yes a good day :)

I feel excited but not pressured. Its been a fabulous ride this year. The injury downs have been replaced by amazement over some of these young kids who have grown a leg during tough times.

I've always liked Bucks. Just listening to him over the journey. He always sounded so logical & positive about where the club & players were going. I know we never really know what happens behind closed doors, but right now everyone seems on song & in high spirits. The team performances we've seen show how united they are.

I think its a 50/50 proposition tomorrow, but I am so proud of the club & were we're at.

Yes I had a couple of meetings & clients this morning. Had my little magpie in my office. Had a couple of laughs & magpie man hugs. Yes a good day :)

I feel excited but not pressured. Its been a fabulous ride this year. The injury downs have been replaced by amazement over some of these young kids who have grown a leg during tough times.

I've always liked Bucks. Just listening to him over the journey. He always sounded so logical & positive about where the club & players were going. I know we never really know what happens behind closed doors, but right now everyone seems on song & in high spirits. The team performances we've seen show how united they are.

I think its a 50/50 proposition tomorrow, but I am so proud of the club & were we're at.
Have spoken to some older supporters at the local shops etc and the feelings are similar to yours. They are enjoying the week and are genuinely excited rather than anxious about tomorrow's game.
Just need some more of it to rub off on me.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back