Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:
I hear where you're coming from, but beg to differ.

Standing someone down on an allegation.
IMHO, that would set a dangerous platform for players.

So if the charges are dropped or he's found not guilty, the player and side suffers.

I'm not sure about what happened with Milne etc, but let justice run it's course.

If he's found guilty, he gets his punishment.

There's a lot of crazy fans/people out there.
I don't want to see players punished and careers ended on an allegation.

I wouldn’t on allegation either.

But I would if they are charged by police. It’s very serious.

I’d prefer to stay on topic and talk about what a disgrace the Collingwood fc have become.
I’d prefer to stay on topic and talk about what a disgrace the Collingwood fc have become.
That's nice, nothing to talk about belonging to a manufactured club with no history and a handful of fans ,one of whom has Gary ablett snr as their idol. Ironically talking about assault charges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did just prosecute a reasonably well known religious fella who according to several legal opinions including that of the high court they were never going to win.

I think the main reason to proceed with a case should be to seek justice and if the victim is willing to go forward even with a low chance of success they should go forward, but it's certainly a factor.

Hopefully the truth prevails.

I think from memory that there were procedural errors during that prosecution-However it still went all the way to the high court, so it was a close thing. And the DPP were smashed after that.

You’d think that they’d be gunshy to take on a weak prosecution and would be looking for a high profile win, especially knowing the resources of Collingwood and Eddie. I would honestly be very concerned.

That's nice, nothing to talk about belonging to a manufactured club with no history and a handful of fans ,one of whom has Gary ablett snr as their idol. Ironically talking about assault charges.
The club that was founded 33years before Collingwood was manufactured?

Was this reported in the news when it first came to the AFL’s attention or is this the first time the public have been aware of it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back