Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:
See how there's people taking pleasure in learning about this news?

They'd do the exact same thing to you, if you one day found yourself in a bad situation.

These are the people you walk among every day.
Interesting take. True to a point as you posted in the quarentine thread.
As to this case everyone needs to cool their jets.
Only the parties involved know what happened and each will get their day in court.
Indecent assault covers a wide range of conduct so really need more details from court proceedings.
I do find it weird JDG can travel interstate thou. Wouldn't that breach bail?
Having said that he is entitled to a presumption of innocence (so should be allowed to play if available) and the complaint has the right to have their claims taken seriously investigated and tested in court. Due process needs to run its course

Only the parties involved know what happened and each will get their day in court.
Indecent assault covers a wide range of conduct so really need more details from court proceedings.
Having said that he is entitled to a presumption of innocence (so should be allowed to play if available) and the complaint has the right to have their claims taken seriously investigated and tested in court. Due process needs to run its course

Not really he is in the AFL system and in a monitored environment, he isn't going to skip his court date. That bail restriction is to prevent people skipping their court dates by vanishing interstate.

Serious question Run n Spread, what do you think of the club effectively taking sides with their statement yesterday? Seems risky to me given as you say due process needs to run its course.

And right on cue AFL pays lip service to victims , by allowing him to play, NRL suspend the players, weak organisation is the AFL all talk no trousers,
I get it's a tricky one but given the shut down this could take years to resolve. And our society is built on the presumption of innocence.
It is up to the courts to decide. (They could remand him taking the option away) But as it stands he hasn't been convicted of anything

I know a lot of guys get very uppity about defending the accused, because obviously due process is important - but it’s important to keep in mind the reason why there’s so much outcry when someone is accused of a crime like this is because for so long sexual assault has been swept under the rug and not taken seriously... I know it’s common for people to imagine these types of crimes as ‘wolf creek’ type sh*t but it’s almost always a lot closer to home... like how many times have you seen absolute f**kwits harassing girls at a party? Or on the street on a Saturday night? What makes you think that won’t get worse behind closed doors?

Also, there’s a difference between being found not guilty and having not done something. I know people who have been on juries for sexual assault cases that have felt certain the person was guilty, but couldn’t vote to convict because of lack of evidence. This is especially relevant when it comes to sexual assault, there is very rarely a smoking gun.

I know personally I have had guys brag to me about sexual encounters that I’ve thought were very questionable, and I’ve heard of a fair few ‘great blokes’ that haven’t taken no for an answer at a party. It’s on us as men to change the way we think about this sort of thing. It goes further than what you see in a court of law.
[/
I wouldn’t on allegation either.

But I would if they are charged by police. It’s very serious.

I don’t think a lot of you quite understand how these things work. In a he said/she said scenario, police will quite often pursue charges against a someone with little more than the word of a ‘victim’ to go by. Absolutely he should be entitled to the presumption of innocence and should be able to continue in his field of employment until such time he is convicted of anything.

Can’t stand Collingwood or Eddie but having seen the impact false allegations can have on peoples lives, let the court process run its course before any career threatening sanctions are imposed.

Serious question Run n Spread, what do you think of the club effectively taking sides with their statement yesterday? Seems risky to me given as you say due process needs to run its course.
Dammed if they do dammed if they don't. Given JDG is part of the club the statement has to offer some form of backing as it is on his behalf. They can hardly chuck him under a bus at this point.
Should of shut up about the integrity and their own investigation.
Now they really need to shut up not comment about it and let the process run its course. Hopefully the truth comes out and a just outcome is achieved one way or the other.

You’ve obviously just crawled out from under your rock after 4 weeks. Try and keep up FFS! Just in case you didn’t know, Collingwood and Carlton both lost this week.

Well then...now that you’ve cleared that up, you can get back to looking for windows to lick. Many thanks for your time.

Chris Scott in a press conference: "I think it's wrong that some people have jumped the gun and said that this is an AFL integrity matter and somehow Jack has a case to answer before he is allowed to play footy again. I just think that is assuming the worst in people."

Eddie the following day on his radio show: "Well there's an easy solution, Scotty. Tell us what the hell happened and then we won't have to jump the gun... Don't have a press conference if you're not going to say anything. So wait until you can and then do it."

If Eddie now complains that "everybody is assuming the worst about Jordan DeGoey wahwah boohoo", he'll have contradicted himself. Until then, it's irrelevant.

Those blurred lines will get ya every time.

Eddie doesn't have to defend him because he is innocent til proven guilty and because it's before the courts he will have no comment anyway.
Anyway who cares the same thing will happen he will be found not guilty or he will be guilty and get a community order or whatever.

Isn't it funny though that we know degoey's name but the other 24 year old for some reason name doesn't get released.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be captain obvious here, one party is a high profile footballer and the other is an alleged victim.
Might want to resign from the captaincy.
I think you’ll find he’s referencing the co-accused.

And right on cue AFL pays lip service to victims , by allowing him to play, NRL suspend the players, weak organisation is the AFL all talk no trousers,
AFL set the precedent some time ago by allowing Milne and Majak Daw to play on after both had been charged with rape. Can’t remember exactly what Wayne Carey was charged with in relation to the woman he groped, but don’t think the AFL stood him down either. Not saying it’s right, but that’s the road they’ve chosen to go down,

I get it's a tricky one but given the shut down this could take years to resolve. And our society is built on the presumption of innocence.
It is up to the courts to decide. (They could remand him taking the option away) But as it stands he hasn't been convicted of anything
Agree on the innocence thing , but AFL ceo is constantly on about the “optics”. And does nothing , and the “optics” on this one are very ordinary, unless of course in the AFL the “optics” of sexual assault are ok. Wasn’t an AFL Exec sacked without trial?

AFL set the precedent some time ago by allowing Milne and Majak Daw to play on after both had been charged with rape. Can’t remember exactly what Wayne Carey was charged with in relation to the woman he groped, but don’t think the AFL stood him down either. Not saying it’s right, but that’s the road they’ve chosen to go down,
Yet the AFL exec got sacked for consensual acts between two adults, and as I said earlier the AFL moral compass got put under Demetrius car[et

Remove this Banner Ad

Back