Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Dont see why they would?
Was outside his normal training program.
They've paid him more than enough over the years ..
Was a personal promotional trip and not a club endorsed trip.

All clubs would normally pay for lawyers or associated costs* in this sort of situation, that is why the stand down was significant.

*Meaning paying hush money to the victims

JackSam

Draftee
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Ridiculous thread. He will be cleared in court.
Next step club ban perhaps 5 weeks.
Next year free agent and he will shift.
Supported by both parties.
Picked up by some club for basement price. 650k per season with heavy clauses.

You may be right but my take is that if the charges were going to be thrown out there wouldn't be further hearings.

The prosecution obviously believes their case is strong and NY prosecutors aren't going to waste resources on cases they don't believe are winnable.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
$650k?

tell-em-hes-dreamin.jpg

JackSam

Draftee
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
This whole thing is ridiculous.
Put that thug Ben Stokes in jail is De Goey gets anything serious by way of sentence.
Load of rubbish.

JackSam

Draftee
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Ben Stokes is classic example of one rule for some and different for the punters.
Watch the video footage. Reckless assault.
In my day being alcohol affected never helped as diminished responsibility.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ben Stokes is classic example of one rule for some and different for the punters.
Watch the video footage. Reckless assault.
In my day being alcohol affected never helped as diminished responsibility.
That's always been the case as far as i can remember.
High profile sports people don't think the same rules apply to them as it does the ordinary Joe, and some sports have friends in high places and use that to their advantage to get a participant of their sport of a charge or a lighter charge

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
It would mean a guilty plea.
Anyone would plead guilty for a light ‘punishment’ whether guilty or not. Not worth the chance.

In any case, there’s no doubting he was involved in a fight. Difficult to defend yourself there. There was video footage which obviously didn’t carry as bad a viewing given he was accused of sinking the boots into a guy defenceless on the ground.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Anyone would plead guilty for a light ‘punishment’ whether guilty or not. Not worth the chance.

In any case, there’s no doubting he was involved in a fight. Difficult to defend yourself there. There was video footage which obviously didn’t carry as bad a viewing given he was accused of sinking the boots into a guy defenceless on the ground.

Sure, on a personal level if I was in his situation I would plead guilty too. But it has implications for his football career.

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sure, on a personal level if I was in his situation I would plead guilty too. But it has implications for his football career.
You don’t think he will be playing AFL in 2022?
I’ll be surprised if he isn’t invited back to the club training by the end of the month.

Maybe he doesn’t earn the $$ he could have (assuming he has a great year on the field), but I doubt whether accepting this deal or not actually changes the perception. Fact is, he got into a fight. No hiding from that.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
You don’t think he will be playing AFL in 2022?
I’ll be surprised if he isn’t invited back to the club training by the end of the month.

Maybe he doesn’t earn the $$ he could have (assuming he has a great year on the field), but I doubt whether accepting this deal or not actually changes the perception. Fact is, he got into a fight. No hiding from that.

I didn't say anything about whether he would be back playing AFL. Your point about the $$ is right though, so what would be better be charged and found not guilty or be charged and plead guilty?

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jeff Browne doesn't want him gone.
Story checks out and won't even make it too court.

Chick was stealing drinks and trying to get into their booth then dobbed on De Goey and mate to her guy friends, brawl ensued.

Bit of sour grapes on here.

All charges dropped. No gropping, no sexual assault, nothing major.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Shocked to be sitting here.

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I didn't say anything about whether he would be back playing AFL. Your point about the $$ is right though, so what would be better be charged and found not guilty or be charged and plead guilty?
An harrassment violation (not sure what that actually is to be honest), however no criminal conviction and all other charges dropped. Back training/playing at his club. I think he would be more than happy to take that. As I said, professionally I doubt it would make a difference whether he proceeded and was found not guilty, or simply take the deal and have practically all charges dropped.

Back