Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
People missing the point, that he wasn't acquitted as he was offered a plea bargain to downgrade the charges. Pretty standard for someone with a high powered lawyer and a ton of money, but we'll never know what actually happened - just that he got off lightly in the end.

What will be far more interesting is if Collingwood re-sign him or try to trade him/let him go for FA compo instead, come end of this year

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
People missing the point, that he wasn't acquitted as he was offered a plea bargain to downgrade the charges. Pretty standard for someone with a high powered lawyer and a ton of money, but we'll never know what actually happened - just that he got off lightly in the end.

What will be far more interesting is if Collingwood re-sign him or try to trade him/let him go for FA compo instead, come end of this year

If we never know what happened - and there is allegedly video of the incident - how would you know he got off lightly?

We will treat him like a bad boy then offer unders at the end of the year. If he takes a higher price elsewhere we will be compensated.

Won’t shock me if he has a career year. He was getting a heap of the pill, all that he needed was a few more snags to make people notice. Hoping the new coaches help us kick a few more.

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's a restricted free agent at the end of this year, I think what OP was saying is that if the offer was big enough (i.e. to trigger top of Band 1 compo) then Pies wouldn't match.

Can't imagine another club is going to offer such a deal though unless he has an AA year with no blemishes off the field; even then they'd be taking a big punt. GC would be perfect of course...
I'd be shocked if he has a decent year a club doesn't offer him at least $700k pa for 3 or 4 years. I'd assume that would be enough to get 1st round compensation. He will be one of the top 3 paid players at the club. The AFL would want to see the Pies move back up quickly.

If we never know what happened - and there is allegedly video of the incident - how would you know he got off lightly?

We will treat him like a bad boy then offer unders at the end of the year. If he takes a higher price elsewhere we will be compensated.

Won’t shock me if he has a career year. He was getting a heap of the pill, all that he needed was a few more snags to make people notice. Hoping the new coaches help us kick a few more.

Is there a year in his career he hasn't done something stupid off field?

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018

...Because he was offered a plea deal which brought the charges down. He wasn't exonerated and the case thrown out. He still got charged with harassment, but it's a lesser charge so he was able to return to Collingwood.

It doesn't matter, I'm just saying that plea bargains are for guilty people who can afford decent lawyers, lol. Even when there's video, lawyers always argue what they think is best for their client. If both parties accept, it's presented to the judge, and then ruled on in due course. Fact remains he's guilty of something, and he took a plea bargain - that is not something an innocent person with a highly paid lawyer does.

"The electric utility's promising career had been hanging in the balance since he was charged after an alleged altercation at a Manhattan bar on October 30 last year.

But De Goey has been offered a plea deal that downgrades his charges.

He will do so under club imposed terms that he has agreed to. These are acceptance of continuing and further support off-field and full cooperation with health professionals providing such support. A commitment to permanent, part time work with the Salvation Army.

Collingwood chief executive Mark Anderson said De Goey had a "responsibility" to change his behaviour, to enable him to be "a great footballer for us" and "a better person".

"We can't be in this situation again. He's understanding that," Anderson told reporters.

De Goey had previously pleaded not guilty, but the assault charges were downgraded to second-degree harassment, to which he has now pleaded guilty.

A second-degree harassment violation will not result in a criminal conviction.

De Goey's lawyer Jacob Kaplan told the court he needed more time to find a counselling program in Australia for the AFL player to participate in as part of any plea deal agreement.

The club received in writing today an agreed settlement that is expected to be ratified at a hearing in the US on January 28.

Last edited:

daicosdemis

All Australian
Jul 5, 2011
Ascot Vale
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
AEK,Chelsea fc

You're missing the point champ. He was charged with second-degree harassment and that's that.
Everything else is unsubstantiated theories from bitter, grudge bearing trolls that didn't get get their desired result.

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
You're missing the point champ. He was charged with second-degree harassment and that's that.
Everything else is unsubstantiated theories from bitter, grudge bearing trolls that didn't get get their desired result.

Oh look I got 'champed' - pathetic.

Yeah Cosby's charge was thrown out because of a technicality, be he sure didn't touch little children did he?

Ridiculous how people can act like plea bargains are some sort of innocence proclamation - when it literally is reaching an agreement via entering a plea.

He may have only been charged with harassment, that doesn't mean he didn't do anything worse - you or I do not know that. One thing is for sure, he's got a lot of problems and keeps putting himself in stupid situations. You want to defend your little 'golden child', then go ahead. Fact remains, there's a reason the wealthy always get off on lesser charges - because they can afford the right lawyers. Does not for a second make them innocent.

P.S. I could give two shits about JDG. He's just another Dane Swan who likes to do dumb s**t, hangs out with questionable people, and thinks he's someone special. I have a problem with people thinking someone entering a plea somehow makes them innocent - when it's a downgrading of charges, not exoneration.

daicosdemis

All Australian
Jul 5, 2011
Ascot Vale
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
AEK,Chelsea fc
Oh look I got 'champed' - pathetic.

Yeah Cosby's charge was thrown out because of a technicality, be he sure didn't touch little children did he?

Ridiculous how people can act like plea bargains are some sort of innocence proclamation - when it literally is reaching an agreement via entering a plea.

He may have only been charged with harassment, that doesn't mean he didn't do anything worse - you or I do not know that. One thing is for sure, he's got a lot of problems and keeps putting himself in stupid situations. You want to defend your little 'golden child', then go ahead. Fact remains, there's a reason the wealthy always get off on lesser charges - because they can afford the right lawyers. Does not for a second make them innocent.

P.S. I could give two shits about JDG. He's just another Dane Swan who likes to do dumb sh*t, hangs out with questionable people, and thinks he's someone special. I have a problem with people thinking someone entering a plea somehow makes them innocent - when it's a downgrading of charges, not exoneration.
Cosby ? What a ridiculous comparison. Worth over 400 million, one of the most recognisable celebrities of all time as opposed to some AFL footballer whom everybody involved from the USA would have been wondering who the f@ck he is.

The overwhelming majority of criminal cases never reach trial. Some times because of lack of evidence, most times because both prosecutors and defendant
want to avoid the long drawn out process of a trial. De Goey is no different, as much as you might want to convince us otherwise.

Absolute global superstar athletes like Tyson, Marion Jones, Allen Iversen, Oj Simpson, Michael Vick etc have been put behind bars in the US.
You think they would have an issue with putting away little old De Goey ? Or do you think the judge would hesitate to step in if he thought the terms were too lenient.

P.S I've talked to Swanny a couple of times socially, one of the nicest guys you will ever encounter.
Stop sitting behind your keyboard and using it it to throw mud, smear and vilify people.

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
Cosby ? What a ridiculous comparison. Worth over 400 million, one of the most recognisable celebrities of all time as opposed to some AFL footballer whom everybody involved from the USA would have been wondering who the f@ck he is.

The overwhelming majority of criminal cases never reach trial. Some times because of lack of evidence, most times because both prosecutors and defendant
want to avoid the long drawn out process of a trial. De Goey is no different, as much as you might want to convince us otherwise.

Absolute global superstar athletes like Tyson, Marion Jones, Allen Iversen, Oj Simpson, Michael Vick etc have been put behind bars in the US.
You think they would have an issue with putting away little old De Goey ? Or do you think the judge would hesitate to step in if he thought the terms were too lenient.

P.S I've talked to Swanny a couple of times socially, one of the nicest guys you will ever encounter.
Stop sitting behind your keyboard and using it it to throw mud, smear and vilify people.

Lmao...so tribalistic. Dane Swan is a moronic anti vaxxer, who spews bs left, right and centre, drinking his own bathwater, who doesn't even have two brain cells to string together. Says a lot about who you think is one of the 'nicest guys you could meet.'

You're just another person defending their club, without actually considering that just because he's a player for their club, doesn't mean he's not a tool.

Enjoy your delusions and join my ignore list - you're not worth my time.

P.S. He used the same firm as Weinstein, Diddy and Jay- Z - so your arguments above fall completely flat.

"De Goey’s manager Ryan Vague confirmed to The Age on Monday that he had engaged Brafman & Associates, one of New York’s top defence law firms, to represent De Goey, who is also his brother-in-law. The law firm has represented accused mafia victims, political figures and, in 2018, was engaged by movie mogul Harvey Weinstein when he was charged with rape.

The firm has also represented rapper Jay-Z, Sean “P Diddy” Combs and NFL star Plaxico Burress."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

daicosdemis

All Australian
Jul 5, 2011
Ascot Vale
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
AEK,Chelsea fc
Lmao...so tribalistic. Dane Swan is a moronic anti vaxxer, who spews bs left, right and centre, drinking his own bathwater, who doesn't even have two brain cells to string together. Says a lot about who you think is one of the 'nicest guys you could meet.'

You're just another person defending their club, without actually considering that just because he's a player for their club, doesn't mean he's not a tool.

Enjoy your delusions and join my ignore list - you're not worth my time.
Swanny is respectful and friendly, hence nice guy.

Lmao who are you trying to kid, telling us you don't have time ?
You are posting on bigfooty 3:30 AM, you literally have nothing else to do with your time.
Adios then young man.

daicosdemis

All Australian
Jul 5, 2011
Ascot Vale
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
AEK,Chelsea fc
P.S. He used the same firm as Weinstein, Diddy and Jay- Z - so your arguments above fall completely flat.
Arguments ? From the reasons i gave as to why most cases don't end up on trial, to athletes much bigger and wealthier than De Goey ending up in gaol,
everything i posted is fact. Not arguments, not opinions - FACTS.
Yes we know Jordan can afford a good lawyer. Other than that, comparing him in any other way with Weinstein, P Diddy, Jay-Z etc is laughable/ridiculous.

How many other footballers charged with 2nd degree harassment this off season?

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Swanny is respectful and friendly, hence nice guy.
In 2003, Swan was arrested with two others following a brawl at Federation Square in which a security guard (Jesse James) was knocked unconscious,[27] and another man (Claudio Celano) was left with a permanent brain injury.[28] Swan was charged with 13 offences, including assault, affray and intentionally causing serious injury.[29] Swan was convicted of affray and ordered to perform 100 hours of community service.[30] Mr Celano, who suffered a permanent brain injury, sued his three assailants and in a settlement, Swan and the other offenders agreed to make payment of $100,000 to Mr Celano.[31] However, in 2009 Mr Celano again sued Swan and the other offenders because they had failed to make payment as agreed[31] and Swan was penalised for that failure to make payment.[32] Mr Celano's lawyer noted that Swan and the other offenders had not made any apology to his client.

Great guy.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
It amazes me that someone will excuse and normalise abhorrent behaviour of a player simply because that player is with the team they support.

I don’t have any friends who have been accused of, let alone convicted, of crimes like these “good blokes”.

It’s not normal to have even allegations of this sort of thing, and they are not “good blokes”.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers

Mustn't be very good at being an anti-vaxxer

daicosdemis

All Australian
Jul 5, 2011
Ascot Vale
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
AEK,Chelsea fc
In 2003, Swan was arrested with two others following a brawl at Federation Square in which a security guard (Jesse James) was knocked unconscious,[27] and another man (Claudio Celano) was left with a permanent brain injury.[28] Swan was charged with 13 offences, including assault, affray and intentionally causing serious injury.[29] Swan was convicted of affray and ordered to perform 100 hours of community service.[30] Mr Celano, who suffered a permanent brain injury, sued his three assailants and in a settlement, Swan and the other offenders agreed to make payment of $100,000 to Mr Celano.[31] However, in 2009 Mr Celano again sued Swan and the other offenders because they had failed to make payment as agreed[31] and Swan was penalised for that failure to make payment.[32] Mr Celano's lawyer noted that Swan and the other offenders had not made any apology to his client.

Great guy.
Dane was 19 at the time. He wasn't even the one that caused any injury.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Dane was 19 at the time. He wasn't even the one that caused any injury.
898308A9-A8A8-4CF7-8996-A4BB87E477EA.jpeg

It’s just what normal 19 year old “good blokes” do to middle aged cleaners. Cleaners can be very threatening.

Swan was 25 when he was sued by the cleaner for the settlement he was meant to pay but didn’t.

Quit making excuses for abhorrent behaviour, normal “good blokes” don’t get mixed up in this sort of stuff - at any age.

Last edited:

Yeah better to sit behind your computer and praise your heroes despite their vile acts

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
View attachment 1314832
It’s just what normal 19 year old “good blokes” do to middle aged cleaners. Cleaners can be very threatening.

Swan was 25 when he was sued by the cleaner for the settlement he was meant to pay but didn’t.

Quit making excuses for abhorrent behaviour, normal “good blokes” don’t get mixed up in this sort of stuff - at any age.

He played good footy and now posts funny stuff on Twitter so he is definitely a good guy. Even though he was a selfish violent campaigner who refused to accept he had done very wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back