Roast Collingwood Supporters in love with Pauline Hanson thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is so true, particularly if the hair has a soft silvery look. My mousy-brown hair developed silver hairs at 17, which became streaks by 23 and formed a pepper and salt look through my 20's and 30's. When finally it all went silver, I looked like 'Doc' from 'Back to the Future'. Kids at one secondary school at which I taught actually called me Doc, not just one or two of them but an entire school. I liked to think that it was a term of respect, like I had actually done a Ph.D. When I was posted elsewhere, kids would jokingly say I was going back to the future. Chicks (and gays!) loved my hair when it was a kaleidoscope of colours. Besides you can do all sorts of stuff to your hair these days, and could even make a feature of a patch of colour sprouting amidst your hair.

Gee, you'd think chicks would be crawling over me. :p

I was more talking about Aliens and that sort Weird Stuff. Would not want to be around them and also the Criminally Insane ones

Went to centrelink and found out why I'm losing money, they've canceled my rent assistance because "I didn't provide proof of where I was living"

lol, now I have to fill out some stupid form within 14 days and they're not even going to backpay me because it's my fault apparently.

Went to centrelink and found out why I'm losing money, they've canceled my rent assistance because "I didn't provide proof of where I was living"

lol, now I have to fill out some stupid form within 14 days and they're not even going to backpay me because it's my fault apparently.

Ahh bugger. Yeah your landlord needs to sign it or whoever is leasing to you.

I was more talking about Aliens and that sort Weird Stuff. Would not want to be around them and also the Criminally Insane ones
I knew what you meant rather than what you said. I understand you Dave especially when you you are politically incorrect, like now.;)

Speaking of hair, I was parallel-parking my car out front of my new apartment yesterday, when I felt something sort of heavy fall on my head. My mate in the front seat next to me casually remarked, '...(My name).., you've got a spider in your hair.' I swiped at the heavy spot and whacked a semi-stunned large huntsman on to the console, where I bashed it to death with a piece of paper around my fingers. My worst nightmare and a final reminder of life in the hills. The spider had obviously moved into town with me.:(

funny that, one of the nicest people i have ever met believed every night aliens kidnapped and tortured her. her own living hell. during the day she was funny, kind articulate and talented. And braver than most people i have ever met. i don't think i could have walked her path as well or as tirelessly. but you know i am overly PC.

And just as an aside the criminally insane are not in the hospitals but in a special place just for them.

Surprise they did not ask for some money Back. Centerlink will never help you out but they will want your money quick though.

Did you fill out the Form when you where there

Surprise they did not ask for some money Back. Centerlink will never help you out but they will want your money quick though.

Did you fill out the Form when you where there

Haha nope, they said I had to send it in by mail. Bunch of crooks!

They certainly are. A lady at work's brother just found out that he had missed out on four years worth of childcare rebates because the childcare centre didn't provide his CRN to them. Totally not his fault (although God knows how he missed the extra money coming out of his bank account), and when asked to back pay the amount owed, which was approximately $11k, their response was 'we will back pay 12 months. It's against our policy to go any further back than that.'
******* crooks. Imagine if he'd been overpaid for four years. Do you think they'd accept it if he said 'It's against my policy to pay you what you're owed in full. Here's a quarter of it.'

Well the want to know the In and Out of Ducks Ass.

They want to know everything about you and even when you go to the Toliet

They certainly are. A lady at work's brother just found out that he had missed out on four years worth of childcare rebates because the childcare centre didn't provide his CRN to them. Totally not his fault (although God knows how he missed the extra money coming out of his bank account), and when asked to back pay the amount owed, which was approximately $11k, their response was 'we will back pay 12 months. It's against our policy to go any further back than that.'
******* crooks. Imagine if he'd been overpaid for four years. Do you think they'd accept it if he said 'It's against my policy to pay you what you're owed in full. Here's a quarter of it.'
Sadly parts of this are true. My daughter just got a letter from Centrelink saying they overpaid her $5000 five years ago when she was at Uni, and she needs to repay it!

But generally speaking I've found the people you deal with helpful. They have a script to follow. It's up to the individual to ask questions and do what's required.

Sadly parts of this are true. My daughter just got a letter from Centrelink saying they overpaid her $5000 five years ago when she was at Uni, and she needs to repay it!

But generally speaking I've found the people you deal with helpful. They have a script to follow. It's up to the individual to ask questions and do what's required.

They would want there money back ASAP but IF they owe you money. They take there SweetTime getting it to you

Hey Temploar

I've been reading this thread and its terrific to see all the offers of advice and the assistance you have received. I really hope things improve for you, as you are a much valued contributor to our Board.

I dont know much about the issues you are experiencing, and the details of your circumstances, but I know a little about bureaucracy. I also note your frustration at missing out on rental assistance because a form was not filled in and submitted.

My advice to you is take up the offers of assistance which are aimed at ensuring you get all the assistance you need and deserve. If this means filling in form after form, submitting it, following up, and following up again, then you need to do that.

Most public service departments, and local Councils, are under-funded and under-resourced. If you are entitled to assistance, then it really is up to you to get on the front foot and go and get it. They wont come to you. Its not because they are crooked or lazy, its because they dont have time and are under pressure. I'd also advise you to keep a diary or some other written record of your dealings, and to keep your cool and treat Government or Council people with respect when you deal with them. It will help you enormously.

When my elderly mother became disabled some years ago, it took my sister and I six months to track down all the assistance she was entitled to. No-one came knocking on the door offering it. We persisted and persisted, and were successful in the end.

Sorry for the rant, but I hope this helps.

cheers

VP

(BTW, if you are now living in Abbotsford, we expect to see you at the VFL games at Vic Park this year! They are free and very good value.:D)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Temploar

I've been reading this thread and its terrific to see all the offers of advice and the assistance you have received. I really hope things improve for you, as you are a much valued contributor to our Board.

I dont know much about the issues you are experiencing, and the details of your circumstances, but I know a little about bureaucracy. I also note your frustration at missing out on rental assistance because a form was not filled in and submitted.

My advice to you is take up the offers of assistance which are aimed at ensuring you get all the assistance you need and deserve. If this means filling in form after form, submitting it, following up, and following up again, then you need to do that.

Most public service departments, and local Councils, are under-funded and under-resourced. If you are entitled to assistance, then it really is up to you to get on the front foot and go and get it. They wont come to you. Its not because they are crooked or lazy, its because they dont have time and are under pressure. I'd also advise you to keep a diary or some other written record of your dealings, and to keep your cool and treat Government or Council people with respect when you deal with them. It will help you enormously.

When my elderly mother became disabled some years ago, it took my sister and I six months to track down all the assistance she was entitled to. No-one came knocking on the door offering it. We persisted and persisted, and were successful in the end.

Sorry for the rant, but I hope this helps.

cheers

VP

(BTW, if you are now living in Abbotsford, we expect to see you at the VFL games at Vic Park this year! They are free and very good value.:D)

Of Course the Government/Centerlink won't give Assassinate and they want people NOT on Welfare.

Though I agree getting Angry at these People would hurt you a bit. As they Might think he treats me like s**t - Why should I help him out?

Well he should not have to Sign Form after Form after Form. Should be done in 1 go or 1 form.

Well he should not have to Sign Form after Form after Form. Should be done in 1 go or 1 form.

TD, I agree that in a perfect world Temploar should not have to fill in form after form, or do all his own chasing up, but in reality he may have to. Thats just how the world works.

It still doesn't really explain to me why the payments were varied. Ok fair enough you weren't getting rent assistance but why was each payment different? I'd enquire about that.

I think Temploar said the Payment included the Rent Assistance. Correct me IF I am wrong Temploar

Yeah but every week he had 20 more here, 30 less there. It was weird.

True - I never seen/heard that from Centerlink. Could he then owe Centerlink Money or Centerlink owes Temploar Money over these Weird Payments

Centrelink has never made any sense to me(this includes the brief 6 month contract i got there years ago when i was unemployed).....it was better when staff had the ability to fix things, but once they centralized decision making it just became a nightmare. I think it's to encourage people to work. But then for people who can't work it is a mess.

Centrelink workers need to protect their own arses and probably hear more than their fair share of bullshit and cop plenty of abuse. The only way to keep their job and sanity would be to play it by the book. Sure they can be sympathetic when they believe someone is genuine, but if you don't help yourself by keeping appointments and completing documents, you can't really blame the workers, maybe not even the system.

It's an unfortunate fact of life that many Australians are suspicious of welfare recipients. The economy has been decimated by the fall in revenue from iron ore, oil etc, cutting government revenue and forcing cuts in public expenditure. You need to be sensitive to the times in which you live, in the same way that you expect society to be sensitive to your circumstances. People get to know you over time in a forum like this and are able to assess your worth and know you're genuine.

Don't get angry because that only inflames unwanted emotions and makes life seem worse than it should feel. Dot your i's and cross your t's and generate a flow to go with that is mellow and gentle. Play the game of the people who have power over your life. And avoid committing to expensive contracts that are going to sap your precious money. :):thumbsu::rainbow:

Last edited:
Centrelink workers need to protect their own arses and probably hear more than their fair share of bullshit and cop plenty of abuse. The only way to keep their job and sanity would be to play it by the book. Sure they can be sympathetic when they believe someone is genuine, but if you don't help yourself by keeping appointments and completing documents, you can't really blame the workers, maybe not even the system.

It's an unfortunate fact of life that many Australians are suspicious of welfare recipients. The economy has been decimated by the fall in revenue from iron ore, oil etc, cutting government revenue and forcing cuts in public expenditure. You need to be sensitive to the times in which you live, in the same way that you expect society to be sensitive to your circumstances. People get to know you over time in a forum like this and are able to assess your worth and know you're genuine.

Don't get angry because that only inflames unwanted emotions and makes life seem worse than it should feel. Dot your i's and cross your t's and generate a flow that is mellow and gentle. Play the game of the people who have power over your life. And avoid committing to expensive contracts that are going to sap your precious money.

It's just not the Welfare System that is Costing the Government.

What about Big Business that do NOT pay Taxes. Get them to pay Taxes and the Budget would be in Surpless.

Agree - That getting Angry is not the Best Way of Going By it because it can make people not care.

On here we support you because we know your Story but people who work at Centerlink do not and some I hate to say could not give a Stuff. Yes those Types would drive you mad but they will be there.

Though it Sucks that people who have the Power treat the other's like a Piece of s**t

Don't get angry because that only inflames unwanted emotions and makes life seem worse than it should feel. Dot your i's and cross your t's and generate a flow that is mellow and gentle. Play the game of the people who have power over your life. And avoid committing to expensive contracts that are going to sap your precious money. :):thumbsu::rainbow:

Agree with all that you have to play the game and if you stuff up it's your fault not theirs. Except you don't always know the full situation of the person behind the keyboard, not all are as forthcoming as Temploar or TD...

As the economy worsens, more people are going to require welfare to exist. More people on welfare requires more money from dwindling sources of income. Medicare and old aged pensions and subsidies are prime targets for cuts. All the people making money from negative gearing their extra properties might also find themselves targeted for savings.

Getting more in tax from big business, charging higher fees for university, increasing GST to 15%, increasing penalties for speeding, forcing people to reverse mortgage their home to pay for their pension, making the unemployed work for the dole and taxing travelers 33% for picking our fruit on their miserable $18000 a year income are among the many means government has to raise money to pay for expenses.

Someone somewhere ultimately has to pay for the payments to another. The Labour party traditionally are kinder to the disadvantaged and the Libs more favourable to the middle class and the rich. In practice, both parties realise that it's the middle class that is going to make or break elections, so it is no surprise that this group are the focus of election policies and strategies.

Australia is almost the most expensive country in the world. Dropping wages or welfare payments is not an option given our cost of living. If our dollar falls as the government wants it to do, we will sell more overseas, but imports will cost even more and overseas' travel will become a luxury. On the other hand, we'll be flooded with tourists from the likes of China taking advantage of our comparatively cheap prices.

I am not looking forward to the economic future.:(:fire:

As the economy worsens, more people are going to require welfare to exist. More people on welfare requires more money from dwindling sources of income. Medicare and old aged pensions and subsidies are prime targets for cuts. All the people making money from negative gearing their extra properties might also find themselves targeted for savings.

Getting more in tax from big business, charging higher fees for university, increasing GST to 15%, increasing penalties for speeding, forcing people to reverse mortgage their home to pay for their pension, making the unemployed work for the dole and taxing travelers 33% for picking our fruit on their miserable $18000 a year income are among the many means government has to raise money to pay for expenses.

Someone somewhere ultimately has to pay for the payments to another. The Labour party traditionally are kinder to the disadvantaged and the Libs more favourable to the middle class and the rich. In practice, both parties realise that it's the middle class that is going to make or break elections, so it is no surprise that this group are the focus of election policies and strategies.

Australia is almost the most expensive country in the world. Dropping wages or welfare payments is not an option given our cost of living. If our dollar falls as the government wants it to do, we will sell more overseas, but imports will cost even more and overseas' travel will become a luxury. On the other hand, we'll be flooded with tourists from the likes of China taking advantage of our comparatively cheap prices.

I am not looking forward to the economic future.:(:fire:

Does not help you have a lot of People coming from China and Asia as they would take Jobs away from Aussies and Mean they have to go on Welfare and be on Longer then maybe then should be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back