Roast Collingwood Supporters in love with Pauline Hanson thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of Companies do that.

The Nail Shops full of Asian Women look super Dodgy
Nah. That is a bit far fetched. I doubt they have been brought in from outside Oz to work here. Usually they are from family and friends to earn a few easy bucks. Although some might be under the pressure of having to work to keep their visa, not the issue of undermining the skilled labor I was referring to.
The real dodgy stuff about those places are the work conditions. Those nail polishes are so full of chemicals, can't be healthy. And imagine working in that full time.

Nah. That is a bit far fetched. I doubt they have been brought in from outside Oz to work here. Usually they are from family and friends to earn a few easy bucks. Although some might be under the pressure of having to work to keep their visa, not the issue of undermining the skilled labor I was referring to.
The real dodgy stuff about those places are the work conditions. Those nail polishes are so full of chemicals, can't be healthy. And imagine working in that full time.

Well our Local Post Office is run by Asians and I think they pretty much do as you say, Higher mostly Family

Well our Local Post Office is run by Asians and I think they pretty much do as you say, Higher mostly Family
Don't see what the issue is with running a family business. Chinese happen to do a lot through their family networking. And quite successful too. If anything it is the sheer weight of numbers that our society can't sustain in the long run.
If you look at Box Hill, another high rise goes up, complete foreign development and you wonder which idiot gave off the planning permit for that and how much bribery was involved. Public transport , infrastructure and community services are under stress and yet the government keep on bringing more people in preferably in the already overcrowded areas and call it economic growth and investment. Short sighted destruction of society.

Don't see what the issue is with running a family business. Chinese happen to do a lot through their family networking. And quite successful too. If anything it is the sheer weight of numbers that our society can't sustain in the long run.
If you look at Box Hill, another high rise goes up, complete foreign development and you wonder which idiot gave off the planning permit for that and how much bribery was involved. Public transport , infrastructure and community services are under stress and yet the government keep on bringing more people in preferably in the already overcrowded areas and call it economic growth and investment. Short sighted destruction of society.

It keeps other People getting a Job when they keep it in the Family.

China is buying Australia pretty much

That is the job taking argument that doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Those are jobs they have created so I am okay with that they get to pick and choose. And there are enough laws in place if you think someone doesn’t get a job due to being non Asian.
And on the other hand, you don't complain if an Aussie farmer has his family helping out. It cuts both ways.
If you want to worry about China, it is the buying of domestic & commercial properties and business interests.

That is the job taking argument that doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Those are jobs they have created so I am okay with that they get to pick and choose. And there are enough laws in place if you think someone doesn’t get a job due to being non Asian.
And on the other hand, you don't complain if an Aussie farmer has his family helping out. It cuts both ways.
If you want to worry about China, it is the buying of domestic & commercial properties and business interests.

My 2nd Comment was about them buying Companies and Land and Houses in Australia and that is the Biggest Worry about China

My 2nd Comment was about them buying Companies and Land and Houses in Australia and that is the Biggest Worry about China
Yep another brilliant example of Australian short term vision. Let's have a fire sale of our assets and resources and leave it to others to figure out what to do when there is nothing left to sell off and the country has been bled dry.

Yep another brilliant example of Australian short term vision. Let's have a fire sale of our assets and resources and leave it to others to figure out what to do when there is nothing left to sell off and the country has been bled dry.

Typical Liberals. Kennett did the same thing to Victoria when he was in Power.

Get Rid of Every Assest the Government had just to make money

Australia be like living in China in the Future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of crap. The reason we have the 'backpacker tax' is because people in Australia don't want to take those jobs. It was the same with the Snowy Mountain Scheme with people coming here from southern Europe to build that important piece of infrastructure.

This idea that immigration policies have failed is utter far-right nonsense. My great-great-great-great grandfather came to Australia as a stonemason from Denmark by boat shortly after the 8 hour day was introduced in Melbourne in the mid 19th century. They were moored by the captain of the ship off the dock until they signed individual contracts. German and English stonemasons rowed out to the ship to advise of the going rates and hours and the men on ship threatened to throw the captain overboard. The men refused to sign the contracts and were soon let on shore. My GGG grandfather went up to Castlemaine which was like the wild-west and full of every ethnic group you could imagine.

You should learn some Australian history before you crap on about the failure of multiculturalism. If it's a failure, it's been one for a long time, as must be New York. We had English and Scottish Chartists on shore, European exiles from the 1848 revolution, Garibaldists and the like. And thank f*ck they came because they were at the forefront of the push for the 8 hour day down here.

The real problem is that far-right nut-jobs blame desperate migrants (which our foreign policy helps create) for the shocking state of our world. But I'm pretty sure they aren't responsible for the state of the world but are the poor bastards suffering from it.

It also pays to note that all the "nutbag" immigrants dude Dutton singled out came here legally, most under Howard's Liberal government.
Dutton should make comment on what should be done with Immigrants who defraud the taxpayer of benefits like...Cormann.

Sorry Dave, you are young so wouldn't remember.
But that argument has been used before.
When the Italians came.
When the Greeks came.
When the Vietnamese came.
This is no different except for the fact the internet has given people like Tripump and Hanson a platform to recruit like minded people to make a lot of noise.

There are some graphs on here that may give you the information you need.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ralias-farmland-is-owned-by-foreign-companies

Sorry Dave, you are young so wouldn't remember.
But that argument has been used before.
When the Italians came.
When the Greeks came.
When the Vietnamese came.
This is no different except for the fact the internet has given people like Tripump and Hanson a platform to recruit like minded people to make a lot of noise.

There are some graphs on here that may give you the information you need.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ralias-farmland-is-owned-by-foreign-companies

China has lot more money they Italians,Greeks and Vietnamese people had.

I am too young to be around then

Did you read my link Dave?
Did you see how much is still owned by "us"?
And did you note who owned most of the land not owned by us?
I'll give you a hint, they just installed a clown as leader!
And the second biggest owner of Oz land not owned by us? Well they speak French....and English....and play games on ice.
Third? Closer to home. Can't chew gum in the streets though.
China comes a distance fourth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back