News Collingwood to wear white jumper in home games against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

100%. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a clash jumper in the league in 2018 that doesn't do its job. Essendon's is a bit iffy but bearable.
Essendon would be perfectly fine if they wore it with red shorts.

But say their away is navy. Why couldn't their clash be yellow?
I'm stuck on Adelaide wearing the colours they chose to represent their club, like I am every other team, when possible. Geelong and Carlton wear the same colours in different proportions no worries - like Adelaide and Fitzroy. I NEVER said it was only Adelaide's colours - you need to stop putting words in my mouth.
Could always go with this.

adelaide-kits.png

If Collingwood are wearing white over black, I'd actually prefer that Carlton wear all navy and we just have both teams in dark shorts.

Introducing a big block of white into Carlton's kit when Collingwood are wearing white is a terrible idea.

Could always go with this.

View attachment 518092
Yep. At least one of those would work for most matches.
And then maybe against Hawthorn, navy version of the current clash would mean still wearing club colours whilst contrasting with the opposition. This is where I disagree with views like Mero's fluro green clash jumper etc. I don't see why, if the colours are thoughtfully used, a club colour can't be worn for every match. Non-club colours should be a last resort, especially for teams with three main colours like Adelaide.

Yep. At least one of those would work for most matches.
And then maybe against Hawthorn, navy version of the current clash would mean still wearing club colours whilst contrasting with the opposition. This is where I disagree with views like Mero's fluro green clash jumper etc. I don't see why, if the colours are thoughtfully used, a club colour can't be worn for every match. Non-club colours should be a last resort, especially for teams with three main colours like Adelaide.
I think the red would work fine vs Hawthorn.

Collingwood is fortunate as they have a home and clash strip that both meet the clubs wishes. One is the modern era home, the other for most fans today harks back to the 1990 premiership. I'm sure most fans see both strips as being pure Collingwood. Carlton doesn't have that in a clash strip. We've tried various styles and none have caught the fans imagination. Hence the reluctance to wear one unless they absolutely have to. Whereas Collingwood are seemingly okay with wearing either depending on the occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if they kept the inverse then I would think sales wouldnt increase they needed a new clash for new sales...

I'm with Ice Wolf.

Eddie created this bullshit when he demanded that Collingwood play against the "dark old navy blues"

Carlton should be in a clash jumper. No ifs or buts. AFL needs to grow a pair of balls.

I'm with Ice Wolf.

Eddie created this bullshit when he demanded that Collingwood play against the "dark old navy blues"

Carlton should be in a clash jumper. No ifs or buts. AFL needs to grow a pair of balls.
Agreed, but if both clubs agree to this, and it's fulfilling the contrast needs, is it any different to having a special showdown top like Port did, for example? Everyone gets what they want.

Sunday was perfectly fine. Would prefer dark navy blue shorts but as away team white shorts traditional used, more than ok with.
Roos v Pies certainly needs one wearing white shorts and other dark. Their striped jumpers exactly the same apart from small colour difference in one band.

Agreed, but if both clubs agree to this, and it's fulfilling the contrast needs, is it any different to having a special showdown top like Port did, for example? Everyone gets what they want.
At least it made the clash between our two clubs less of a clash.

Carlton doesn't clash with Pies in the white-base, which is what the Pies choose to wear. There's no problem to be solved.

A forced clash jumper where there's no clash becomes a mandated Away jumper, which I've never heard anyone call for.

There is no clash if Collingwood wear their traditional jumper !!

I have no issue so long as there is a contrast at the back when looking at the no’s. !!

1B6DACF9-F027-433D-B3FE-A43F17BE4169.png

Carlton doesn't clash with Pies in the white-base, which is what the Pies choose to wear. There's no problem to be solved.

A forced clash jumper where there's no clash becomes a mandated Away jumper, which I've never heard anyone call for.
But Collingwood don't wear there white base (at least not for now) so there is a clash.

Apologies for bumping this but when this story first came up the idea of Collingwood embracing the gold in their branding came to mind and I didn't have hardware/software at the time to put this design together.... until now. It's fairly primitive but if Collingwood kept things simple they could absolutely use gold against the likes of Carlton and Geelong.

zTdEPi4.png

Apologies for bumping this but when this story first came up the idea of Collingwood embracing the gold in their branding came to mind and I didn't have hardware/software at the time to put this design together.... until now. It's fairly primitive but if Collingwood kept things simple they could absolutely use gold against the likes of Carlton and Geelong.

zTdEPi4.png
Gold stripes would be Hawthorn, yeah?
Strange idea.

zTdEPi4.png
This wouldn't solve Eddie's wet-dream of Collingwood in b&w stripes vs Carlton in navy, which is where the whole thing originated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back