Traded Collingwood trade #27 to Richmond for #38, #40 and F3

Remove this Banner Ad

???

So our future 2nd turned into Pick 37 + Pick 40 + Future 3rd + another Future 3rd?

I believe Collingwood got #27 from swapping #22 and a F3.

So it's #22 for #37, #40 and two F3s
Which is exactly what I said? We got pick 22 by trading out our future 2nd. Other components of that trade were matching in value.

Can some explain why we had to add a future third rounder?
No idea, 38 + 40 = 21 in points, I think we would've been happy with that regardless.

Glad we are looking to have a decent draft hand next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea, 38 + 40 = 21 in points, I think we would've been happy with that regardless.

Glad we are looking to have a decent draft hand next year.
Think you guys are loading up on futures to trade back into this year after the Daicos bid

You will still have a number of empty list spots to fill draft night so trading back in using futures makes sense

Think you guys are loading up on futures to trade back into this year after the Daicos bid

You will still have a number of empty list spots to fill draft night so trading back in using futures makes sense
Yeah I think so too.

Apparently we are looking at 3-4 draftees this year including Daicos. So hopefully with 3x future 3rds, we can package them with our current 3rd round picks for picks in the 30-40 range.

Would a club do future 3rd + pick 48 for pick 35 for example?

Yeah I think so too.

Apparently we are looking at 3-4 draftees this year including Daicos. So hopefully with 3x future 3rds, we can package them with our current 3rd round picks for picks in the 30-40 range.

Brisbane would be very keen to add mid range picks for next year due to Will Ashcroft (father son, top 5 2022).
Our 41, 54 and 60 for your two future thirds seems plausible.

Brisbane would be very keen to add mid range picks for next year due to Will Ashcroft (father son, top 5 2022).
Our 41, 54 and 60 for your two future thirds seems plausible.
We can't take all 3 picks, we are trying to limit the number of senior spots open leading up to the draft. So I can't see 54 or 60 appealing since we already have multiple picks around that mark.

Would you do your future 3rd or Richmond's future 3rd for pick 41?

Can some explain why we had to add a future third rounder?

It's probably a moot pick anyway. You'll look to take 3 in the top 25 next year or so anyway. Thirds really are who cares if that's the strategy.

Yeah I think so too.

Bank the picks then trade back in after the Daicos match is done, it's smart business. could even package them for another second rounder

Bank the picks then trade back in after the Daicos match is done, it's smart business. could even package them for another second rounder
Brisbane future 3rd to Brisbane for pick 41.

Pick 41 + pick 48 + pick 55 + Richmond future 3rd to WBD for pick 23? Do they have enough list spots for this?

Any other club that might prefer future picks apart from WBD and Brisbane?

most likely a sweetener for pies to actually do the deal(and do it this early), our future 3rd will hopefully have no use for us next year and be high 40s/low 50s

we already have a future first, future second and norths future second

do we have a future first next year?

Brisbane future 3rd to Brisbane for pick 41.

Pick 41 + pick 48 + pick 55 + Richmond future 3rd to WBD for pick 23? Do they have enough list spots for this?

Any other club that might prefer future picks apart from WBD and Brisbane?

Swans imo we have quite a few academy boys next season.

They are going to be trying to trade up

Still 38 and 40 was sufficient for 27. Trading a future 3rd really tips the scales collingwoods way. If by trade up you mean 26-28 into teens picks possibly..but i cant see anyone earlier than pick 7 doing a trade up with them.

If GWS get a bid early they might need to offload #13, so swapping #26, #27 and #28 for something could be valuable there.

If fahey was bid before 13 (which he wont be imo) gws wouldnt match anyway.

Still 38 and 40 was sufficient for 27. Trading a future 3rd really tips the scales collingwoods way. If by trade up you mean 26-28 into teens picks possibly..but i cant see anyone earlier than pick 7 doing a trade up with them.

The F3 will be largely irrelevant with Richmond wanting early picks the next two drafts. Doubt they are using pick 40 odd really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back