Traded Collingwood trade #27 to Richmond for #38, #40 and F3

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh it was a shocking trade and made even worse by the fact they could have taken the second best kid AND got Daicos, as North won't bid at 1, Horne is the best player in the draft and they will call his name out.

What did Collingwood get for giving away pick2?

North should bid at one. It looks dumb to not

Gibcus is surely one at least, but really it's those 4-5. up the pointy end then it evens out for 20 or so picks. It's why trading into the top 5 will cost a mint!
its more if Richmond really wanted Callaghan and there was a strong feeling that GWS are taking Mac Andrew with pick 2 and GC taking Gibcus to bookend with B King as top end key position players. Callaghan may still be on the board at the crows pick. FWIW, there has been talk GWS are really looking hard at Mac Andrew - he could be anything but will be a bit of a slow burn due to his body frame being so light. It would make absolute sense for GC to be looking at the best key defender in the draft as they have drafted quite a few mids but lack that extra high end key position player to work with Collins in Defence. But do the clubs see it like that, god only knows

Not much. we got a couple of guys we really rate late.

but our 3 best draftees - Henry, Macrae, McInnis were recruited before hand. We didn’t need to trade our future first.

its more if Richmond really wanted Callaghan and there was a strong feeling that GWS are taking Mac Andrew with pick 2 and GC taking Gibcus to bookend with B King as top end key position players. Callaghan may still be on the board at the crows pick. FWIW, there has been talk GWS are really looking hard at Mac Andrew - he could be anything but will be a bit of a slow burn due to his body frame being so light. It would make absolute sense for GC to be looking at the best key defender in the draft as they have drafted quite a few mids but lack that extra high end key position player to work with Collins in Defence. But do the clubs see it like that, god only knows

This might be a good result for the tigers if they keep #7

Leaves a better rated next tier mid on the table

They won't though for a number of reasons and the main one being marketing and for a smaller club it's important.

Last edited:
This might be a good result for the tigers if they keep #7

Leaves a better rated next tier mid on the table
Yes - it will come down to how much they want a player that they think gone at pick 7 v going for another player and then retaining a pick between 15-20. The good news is we have another 4 weeks + to wait to find out

Still think you shouldn't try and play funny buggers at the pointy end, take the best available talent.

Ah yes hard to market non pick ones like Judd dusty and franklin.

For north to not bid would be very stupid and the pies will likely flog them in a big future final as karma

I would bid on Daicos but reality is North won't as they are set on Horne, it's fine GWS will bid at 2 anyway. Either way Pies are paying a premium.

I would bid on Daicos but reality is North won't as they are set on Horne, it's fine GWS will bid at 2 anyway. Either way Pies are paying a premium.

They will get Horne anyway.

What's the odds Collingwood don't match?

I know it won't happen but it highlights north are dills imho.

Still think you shouldn't try and play funny buggers at the pointy end, take the best available talent.

Not sure how wise it is, to help a fellow rebuilding team. Directly helping a future (potential) rival

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. What will be a factor would be in any thought of a trade down should one present is a guy like Goater whom I suspect the crows have a real interest in - he may very well still be there at 7 so could you trade down - still get the guy you rate the best available after JHF and garner the extra teens pick maybe?

I think GWS will bid on Darcy rather than Daicos. They would rather a young ruckman before another midfielder.

They will bid on both.

They will get Horne anyway.

What's the odds Collingwood don't match?

I know it won't happen but it highlights north are dills imho.

Not sure how why it is to help a fellow rebuilding team. Directly helping a future rival
There is a less than zero chance they won't match because if they don't they will be waiting till pick 30 something which will be their first live pick. It is a risk free bid for north as Collingwood are not passing up a guy rated either 1 or 2 in the draft pool for a series of junk picks

Agree. What will be a factor would be in any thought of a trade down should one present is a guy like Goater whom I suspect the crows have a real interest in - he may very well still be there at 7 so could you trade down - still get the guy you rate the best available after JHF and garner the extra teens pick maybe?

Plenty to play out I just can't see GWS trading down. They still have a good list. Take the best player available at 2. Then 13 they may split, actually think that your two picks in the 20's might be on the cards there.

Still 38 and 40 was sufficient for 27. Trading a future 3rd really tips the scales collingwoods way. If by trade up you mean 26-28 into teens picks possibly..but i cant see anyone earlier than pick 7 doing a trade up with them.

draft drops off a cliff after pick 30

Little to no exposed form the reason

draft drops off a cliff after pick 30

Little to no exposed form the reason
It doesn’t tho. That’s just wishful thinking trying to justify this trade.

Let’s just take WBD example, 2 of the very best rebounding defenders in the comp in Dale and Daniel were taken with picks in the 40s.

You are not getting elite KPF late, but key defenders or players of any other role are often able to be found in that 30-40 range

Remove this Banner Ad

Back