Just a query, we have lost:

Brown C
Brown T
Grundy (still paying part of salary)
Henry
Chugg
McMahon
Roughhead (R)

Have added, McStay, Hill, Frampton and Mitchell.

How has this helped our salary cap as I doubt the new players would be earning less than those delisted?
Applied Capology will make you go blind. Just to add to the confusion,
  • maybe we have finished paying off Treloar,
  • we are not paying Mitchell's full whack?

aaaaaand next year's TPP hasn't been set yet!

Geelong brought in Rohan and Dahlhaus in the same off season to correct their forward pressure, because it was so poor they were getting smashed on the rebound. They'll get to relive those glory days with Henry.
Stengle has been the big inclusion here. Still spewing we missed on him. Rohan will never have another game like he had against in that final

The karma bus always gets you. Our dealings with the Bulldogs in 2020 were equally distasteful and we have a situation two years later where they lose one for unders. Amazing isn’t it that they managed to lose Dunkley when we’re basically paying Treloar’s wage for them 🙄

They were still difficult this year, Dunkley and Lobb deals going all the way to the deadline. Pickering said the Dunkley deal was held up because of fighting over a 4th rd pick. Childish

It’s a little funny that Melbourne are being praised for Grundy despite taking on most if not all his contract for the 4 years beyond ‘23, yet at the same time we were criticised when the contract was done. Another example of long term contracts being ok for some clubs, but not others?
Biggest winner (player wise) this trade period I think was JHF. Back to SA and with a 6yr contract to go with it.

Puts a few on that list on the back foot I’d reckon.

Just on the pussies 3 acquisitions.

NONE of them are regular starting senior players. They may develop but still speculation and they still have to leapfrog current premiership players.
The pick 7 is a bonus however. Would love another team grab Clark from under their noses.
Hawks could possibly do it with 6

Not as convinced on Richmond as you are.
Taranto and Hopper are very similar types to Prestia, big but not quick. That could be a big weakness, might mean they need to play Boltin more in the middle.
And they have no draft position for the next 2 drafts as well as two 7 year @ $750000 contracts
They have potentially F’d themselves.

It's 650k in total which we are paying all up front this year

If we are paying 650k and all of it next year then our salary cap can’t be that bad. We’ve brought in a few players and we are paying 650 plus 300 for Treloar is just short of 1m for nothing.

I’m ok with pick 27 if we are just paying 650k of Grundy’s contract.

But it is going to make Melbourne stronger for next year having him for 300k. All in for them next year because after that they are going to have cap issues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as convinced on Richmond as you are.
Taranto and Hopper are very similar types to Prestia, big but not quick. That could be a big weakness, might mean they need to play Boltin more in the middle.
And they have no draft position for the next 2 drafts as well as two 7 year @ $750000 contracts
That’s the big Q against them for me and I think we’ll have a similar one with Mitchell and Adams. That said I think the quality of TT and Hopper v who they’ll replace is why I see immediate improvement in a two tiered system discussion. In hindsight it may not be a fantastic call long term, but here and now they improve, IMO.

Hawks could possibly do it with 6
I hope they do. If anything, the Cats reported interest will certainly make other clubs pay a little more attention to Clarke and put him under consideration.

Biggest winner (player wise) this trade period I think was JHF. Back to SA and with a 6yr contract to go with it.

Puts a few on that list on the back foot I’d reckon.
I see merit in 4 years for high draftees, but with 6 years what happens in the remaining couple of years if JHF doesn’t develop for whatever reason? Tom Boyd is the most recent example of such a trade/contract. While he played is best game in the grand final from a cap perspective the dogs were fortunate he retired early and sacrificed pay.

View attachment 1535260

Looks like we’re not making the 8 again next year as well.
Honestly hilariously bad. Bulldogs in the 8?? Carlton ahead of the Lions? Port ahead of us?

I know that they make these things intentionally poor to rage-bait, but this is just shocking!

If we are paying 650k and all of it next year then our salary cap can’t be that bad. We’ve brought in a few players and we are paying 650 plus 300 for Treloar is just short of 1m for nothing.

I’m ok with pick 27 if we are just paying 650k of Grundy’s contract.

But it is going to make Melbourne stronger for next year having him for 300k. All in for them next year because after that they are going to have cap issues
GW already said our cap is fine, next year we are back on a level playing field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back