List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Picks & player swaps with end draft position.

Out: Grungy and pick 16 to the Dees
In: Freo’s pick 13 and Dees pick 33.

Out :Henry
In Cats pick 18 and 56.

Pick swap to the lions :

Out : our picks 33,40,48,49 total points 1581
In: Lions pick 15 ( points 1112)

Pick swaps to Essendon :

Out : our picks 13 & 15 ( points 2334)
In : Bombers pick 4 ( points 2034)

Use pick 56 for Frampton.

Take to the draft picks 4 & 18.

Get Camden .
Camden overrated. Didn’t help Amy Winehouse and her lifestyle…

James Harmes is reportedly exploring his options and has sounded out Essendon.

To me he's another player we should be considering - he's not elite in any category, but would bring depth, determination and some hardness to our midfield, as well as only being 26 years old.

The main issue would likely be price (I have no idea what he's estimated to be paid per year), but I'd hope the club is at least exploring the possibility.

That would be a big issue for us.

We're definitely banking on the Grundy deal being done, because McStay is his replacement in the 22. No way around that.

If the unlikely happened and we aren't able to deal Grundy, then we're in a real pickle next year.

We haven't signed McStay yet, might be waiting for greater certainty on the Jackson and Grundy deal.

That of course assumes that McStay is indeed Grundy’s replacement in the 22. Don’t recall any suggestion we’re recruiting McStay to play number 1 ruck.

HS doesn't give you any free articles a month, so you need a Firefox plug in, you can't just go incognito and pretend you haven't read any other articles that month.
Rupert is a bigger tight ar#e?

That of course assumes that McStay is indeed Grundy’s replacement in the 22. Don’t recall any suggestion we’re recruiting McStay to play number 1 ruck.
I think cameron rucks, and Mcstay plays that forward/ruck role, so replacing Cox

Take your pick from the list of speculative issues:
  • Gambling or drug addiction
  • Mental health
  • Poor attitude
  • Injury (we don't see him making the five years)
  • We're targeting someone next year
  • A rift within the club
It doesn't make sense at all. But perhaps some insider information will come out.
It’s actually pretty clear cut in my view, and a few of us have been saying this for a while.
He hasn’t been very effective as a first ruck for multiple years now, doesnt crash packs and take game changing marks, doesnt hit to advantage much, can’t kick well. Some posters just can’t see this. And he’s only getting less mobile by the day, which makes his long contract look really bad / stupid. Can only think past admin thought he would play like Goldstein into his early 30’s, but every player is obv different, and I don’t think he will.

Add to this his attitude is very ‘different’ which makes him a tough nut to crack for Fly, and a thorn in the side for GW… the two opinions that matter. And obviously v differnet to those of Bucks and Eddie, who were big advocates of his.

There’s quite a bit in there, but I’m hoping we won’t look back from this one, except that we should’ve done it 2 years earlier…

And yet you still didn't point to one example of a high profile player being pushed out due to Salary Cap issues elsewhere. Keep eating your Doritos and tell everyone around yourself "the media is out to get the pies I tell ya!"

Which part of this do you not understand. High profile players???

What’s worse paying a high profile player $1Mil a year and then they not deliver and you have to release them. Or move them on to obtain more appropriate pieces.

Or back-ending potatoes to almost $1Mil and then having to dump them with an incentive like your first round pick to entice their exit from your club. That they’ve gotten themselves into this place and it’s not a “High Profile” player is even worse. At least then it could be better explained. Like GWS’s A grader dumpings.

For the cheap seats. Yet Again…….It’s not about the player. It’s about the monies within the cap that make the difference. And what those monies can release.

This obviously is not a concept that you have the capacity to grasp. And I said. Don’t through the Dufflecoat away. Someone else will definitely fill those numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think cameron rucks, and Mcstay plays that forward/ruck role, so replacing Cox
Here's what I mean when I say McStay is Grundy's replacement in the 22:

Cox was only in our 22 because Grundy was injured. A healthy Grundy and we pair him with Cameron.

The player that makes way from that 22 for McStay is Grundy. Cameron remains as the number 1 ruck. As I said in my post, McStay replaces Cameron as 2nd ruck/forward. Cameron replaces Grundy as 1st ruck.

So Grundy is the player that McStay replaces in our best 22.

If the backended contract rumours are true and we pay 300k out of 1.2m in the last few years then I can understand the cap flexibility a bit more. Only good thing about rumours though was the Fleetwood Mac album.

All the talk of Grundy’s contract seems to suggest $900-950k average and slightly front ended isn’t it?

Here's what I mean when I say McStay is Grundy's replacement in the 22:

Cox was only in our 22 because Grundy was injured. A healthy Grundy and we pair him with Cameron.

The player that makes way from that 22 for McStay is Grundy. Cameron remains as the number 1 ruck. As I said in my post, McStay replaces Cameron as 2nd ruck/forward. Cameron replaces Grundy as 1st ruck.

So Grundy is the player that McStay replaces in our best 22.
Ah right, I get what you mean now, and you're right.

Treloar was not overpaid and certainly not a spud. He signed from GWS at a huge trade cost in the end (2 x picks 7s) but his contract terms were reasonable for one of the best young midfielders in the league (at the time).

The reason he appears to be overpaid is that his salary was pushed back more than once so he ended up with around 300k a year still owing that should have been already paid to him in previous years. If you average out his salary over his career at Collingwood and WB it will be more like 700-750 a year than 900, which i think is about his correct worth.

But moving on to Grundy it's even more galling because we can't even blame back-ending for creating such a salary issue. We can blame the largesse of Eddie and his crew who were so blinded in the pursuit of the flag they did not consider what came afterward.

And they so nearly pulled it off. Would we care about any of this if we had have won the flag in 2018? I certainly would not.

I hate the idea of paying Grundy to play elsewhere.. and then having snivelling &%*s like Grand Slam Ralphy bring up Treloar and Grundy every chance they get for the next decade, while trying to disguise their glee and failing miserably.

There is no easy way out of this, though I personally hope the Jackson deal falls over and we end up ''stuck'' with Grundy. Maybe he can take a pay cut, open some sort business and we can use our huge numbers of supporters to back him in and more than make up for whatever cash he has lost. Has not Pendles done this with a gym? Did Didak do it with a sports store?

No one is talking about his initial inclusion to the Pies. I’m only referring g his potato status at the point of when we traded him out.

We’d gotten all that Treloar was capable of and releasing him was the correct decision. At the time he was taken by the Dogs he had probably 1 or 2 seasons of high production left. And that has now come to pass. They’ve now got a liability that will curtail their up and coming players. Look at what they tried to do with him this past season. He was placed behind the ball. Most of the times reserved for the young guys coming through. He will now struggle to be best 22 for the Dogs. We got it right. Even though we were forced to do the deed.

No one is talking about his initial inclusion to the Pies. I’m only referring g his potato status at the point of when we traded him out.

We’d gotten all that Treloar was capable of and releasing him was the correct decision. At the time he was taken by the Dogs he had probably 1 or 2 seasons of high production left. And that has now come to pass. They’ve now got a liability that will curtail their up and coming players. Look at what they tried to do with him this past season. He was placed behind the ball. Most of the times reserved for the young guys coming through. He will now struggle to be best 22 for the Dogs. We got it right. Even though we were forced to do the deed.

Wait. You’re Ned Guy?

I'm not big on the McStay recruitment at all, but Dan's got Brodie covered every day of the week in terms of forward capabilities.

And again, I'm not the biggest McStay fan. It's just that Brodes has proven he's a first ruck and not much else. His forward craft and contested marking are not his strong points.

Just how much F50 opportunity and specific forward craft training has Grundy had? Must be substantial if they’ve now proven the case either way.

Seems to be the negotiation standpoint for every good club and we've since taken this route after employing Wright.

There's an article floating around, I'm pretty sure it was Troy Selwood gushing over Ollie Henry before he was drafted. That tells us what we need to know.
Yeah cue Geelong playing hardball all period, then if they get him stating “we’ve always loved him, we just didn’t have much bargaining power, so played it down and got a cheap price. We’re over the moon to have him for the next 10 years…”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back