List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Exactly what I was going to add. Here's Fly's quote from a year ago:

“I think the thing with Brodie, and I said it to him when I got here, there’s the team on one hand and then on the other hand is the glove. I think Brodie is his own unique self that I don’t think the glove is ever going to fit on the team for Brodie, he is different and we want to embrace his difference but at some stage you have got to put one of the fingers in the glove, maybe two to connect in.

“I think Brodie is at that stage of his footy career where we need him to be more than a good preparer [and] maybe good at hitouts. We need him to connect and if he is connecting in the group, hopefully we get more connection in the hitouts.”

I get the strong feeling Brodie never got there in Fly's multiple eyes and this plus salary is the reason we're saying ta-ta.
Wow, that is pretty compelling stuff. Later skater, I get the sense he thinks he’s too cool. w***er

Exactly what I was going to add. Here's Fly's quote from a year ago:

“I think the thing with Brodie, and I said it to him when I got here, there’s the team on one hand and then on the other hand is the glove. I think Brodie is his own unique self that I don’t think the glove is ever going to fit on the team for Brodie, he is different and we want to embrace his difference but at some stage you have got to put one of the fingers in the glove, maybe two to connect in.

“I think Brodie is at that stage of his footy career where we need him to be more than a good preparer [and] maybe good at hitouts. We need him to connect and if he is connecting in the group, hopefully we get more connection in the hitouts.”

I get the strong feeling Brodie never got there in Fly's multiple eyes and this plus salary is the reason we're saying ta-ta.
Enlightening and probably puts the whole trade issue in context.
That said the onus is on the Club and Wright to get the absolute best for us.
Melbourne must pay appropriately.
The club and we as members voted for change and we can't be bent over in the first major trade under a new regime.
I would rather keep Grundy an extra year and forego another player being traded in, than lose or even appear weak on another trade after the last few years fiascos.

I reckon McRae would be in the same mind, as far as he can be, given he will have all the real figures and facts in front of him, not the speculation we deal with.

You'd have been about 3 years old. You're not trying to tell us you have a vivid memory of the team? :rolleyes:
I do. I remember the day quite vividly. I was only 5 1/2 years old. A lot of the players were still around when I was 8-10. And yes, they had a real fighting spirit. But they also had a fair bunch of tough nuts....real tough.

So our coaches are aiming for zero clearances from our rucks?

No. Just zero clearances from Grundy who will no longer be at the club.

The guys that remain will form the basis of our Ruck/midfield group and work on their connection to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grundy definitely makes us better......No he doesn't......Yes he does......No he doesn't......Yes he does......No he doesn't......Yes he does......No he doesn't......Yes he does......No he doesn't......Yes he does......No he doesn't......Yes he does......No he doesn't......Yes he does......No he doesn't......Yes he does......No he doesn't......Yes he does

I'm so tired.ZZZZZzzzzzzz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS this is such a boring argument. Clarkson said the same thing - is he not concerned with winning flags? Dangerfield said the same thing weeks ago!!!!

Clarko obviously was lying. He only cared about Premierships. Isn’t that what has got him into trouble now.

Is Norths assistance package attached to their ladder position or not.

(We will likely get that pick for Grundy).
The extra selections won't carry into 2023 for North Melbourne if they are not traded this year, but will be tied to North's finishing position next year for whoever ends up with them, creating a marketplace for rival clubs to take them from the Roos.

Geelongs ratagolia looking for more game time at another club! He’s 24 years old (fits our age demographic) and he’s experienced. Could fill a hole anywhere on our list. I’d love to have him around our clearances. I’d rather have him then cox in the team. Very athletic too. Straight swap with Henry maybe or we have to add a pick
Thoughts!!!!!!!!!

So Brenton Sanderson is getting replaced on Trade Radio with Brendan Goddard. Talk about swapping future fourth round picks, * me sideways.

The extra selections won't carry into 2023 for North Melbourne if they are not traded this year, but will be tied to North's finishing position next year for whoever ends up with them, creating a marketplace for rival clubs to take them from the Roos.

“Tied to norths finishing position next year” - no information about that.

Even the trade radio people didn’t know, to be fair they don’t know much.

Would you give up Henry pick 15 & 18 to Geelong

Take pick 7 and 13 to the draft = Jhye Clark and Keeler?
Unfortunately pick 18 is already with the cats. I get what your saying though. Think Keeler goes pick 20 plus though so that would using pick 13 on him which I reckon is to much.

I like it, but I don’t see it. We aren’t offering Hopper 7 years.

There is not just Hopper.

It’s the first time in a long time I actually have faith that the people making decisions at the club have only one interest. To win Premierships.

So I don’t have any angst over the decisions they make.

They seem to know what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back