List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Totally and right now the expectation is he’s not into full training until post Xmas I believe, but what happens when all three plus Macrae and Carmichael are fit? Two can play at senior level max. For me Hopper makes sense because he’s a long term solution to that Adams dilemma and one that you just back in if a hard decision is needed. I think the end solution is Mitchell in the guts and Adams in a similar role to Graham which is akin to Grundy and Gawn in the same 22… That’s a bad outcome for all involved except Mitchell, IMO.
I think both Adams and Mitchell would play as inside mids, with less CBA for Pendles and Lipinski, when everyone is fit.

Last edited:

Mollythedolly

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
More disposals? More ineffective disposals you mean. Far more clangers. Young Grundy was an awful user of the football. Well done to Jackson for using the handball efficiently, as opposed to Grundy opting to kick inefficiently. Jackson a far cleaner and more polished footballer. This is why Fremantle and West Coast are arm wrestling for his services at big coin

You're hilarious. Happy for you to cling to the +1 effective disposal every 2 games as the stat that sells Jackson over Grundy in your mind. You're wrong and it seems it doesn't matter how many try to correct you, you're hellbent on remaining wrong, so I'll leave it there.

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
The thing that’s gonna suck is the lack of transparency in player contract $.

I can cop pick 27 if for instance it means we are only paying 100k x 5.

But as fans we’re mushrooms and kept in the dark so we’ll never know.

Jafo

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
The thing that’s gonna suck is the lack of transparency in player contract $.

I can cop pick 27 if for instance it means we are only paying 100k x 5.

But as fans we’re mushrooms and kept in the dark so we’ll never know.
Didn’t the Kennel call our bluff and outed us on what we were really (meant to be paying) for Treloar?

Not what we were saying we were paying.

Babylove

Premiership Player
May 3, 2003
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Didn’t the Kennel call our bluff and outed us on what we were really (meant to be paying) for Treloar?

I don’t recall that and I wouldn’t have thought they’d be allowed too given they aren’t allowed to disclose players salaries.

Mollythedolly

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Clubs look at the outcomes from their clearances - not the raw number.

Yep, they do. They get access to a lot of info we don't like next possession. Feel free to purchase a champion data package and share the info with us.

Still doesn't alter that I think the coaches would rather we win them, not the opposition. Not sure they care who wins them. Was a silly claim to suggest they don't want our ruckmen winning them.

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

At the end of the day, noone really knows. Clubs may leak info. But whether that mail is true or not is debatable.

Even recently w/McStay, the contract dollars fluctuated from reporter to reporter.

Not to mention there are sometimes triggers as well as front/back/middle loading we have no visibility of either.

All the talk mid season was our cap is still cooked, but now we hear affordability for all our ins this year aren’t dependent on Grundy leaving.

Thankfully Wrighty is a smart operator and I feel like he’s cleaning out the books to make some bigger plays in latter years, not just to get deals done now.

Let’s just hope we rope in a big dog at the end of next year. It’s about time.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
You're hilarious. Happy for you to cling to the +1 effective disposal every 2 games as the stat that sells Jackson over Grundy in your mind. You're wrong and it seems it doesn't matter how many try to correct you, you're hellbent on remaining wrong, so I'll leave it there.
Yeah you’re right and senior AFL coaches and list managers have no idea

More disposals? More ineffective disposals you mean. Far more clangers. Young Grundy was an awful user of the football. Well done to Jackson for using the handball efficiently, as opposed to Grundy opting to kick inefficiently. Jackson a far cleaner and more polished footballer. This is why Fremantle and West Coast are arm wrestling for his services at big coin
Definitely much cleaner and classier than Grundy has ever been, but not yet the contested beast that Grundy can be.

Mollythedolly

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah you’re right and senior AFL coaches and list managers have no idea

Well we know what they were thinking of Jackson in 2015. WTF is Luke Jackson?

Again, happy for you to assume that there wasn't interest in Grundy from other clubs in 2015, or that he wouldn't have attracted a substantial trade cost if he were to move. Whatever makes you feel better about your claims. But your hypotheticals don't miraculously make your claims right. They're still wrong.

Babylove

Premiership Player
May 3, 2003
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
People are getting really caught up in the money stuff. Firstly, we’ll never get a confirmed amount because the clubs aren’t allowed to disclose it, we’ll only know what the media tell us and who knows what their source is. And as it was discussed on the radio today that side of things is more common than we realise, we are just involved in a couple of high profiled ones that the public became aware of.

Secondly, whatever the outcome on Grundy we shouldn’t be blaming GW for it. He’s basically cleaning up the mess of the previous regime. Whether it was an incompetent list management team or a captain’s call from a president not staying in his lane (or both) that Grundy deal should never have been agreed too. We gave up a rumoured kings ransom for an albatross contract, and based on the past decade of premiership teams by far overpaying the ruck position.

And let’s be honest if we didn’t agree to that contract the 2020 disaster probably wouldn’t have had to be as bad as it was.

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
People are getting really caught up in the money stuff. Firstly, we’ll never get a confirmed amount because the clubs aren’t allowed to disclose it, we’ll only know what the media tell us and who knows what their source is. And as it was discussed on the radio today that side of things is more common than we realise, we are just involved in a couple of high profiled ones that the public became aware of.

Secondly, whatever the outcome on Grundy we shouldn’t be blaming GW for it. He’s basically cleaning up the mess of the previous regime. Whether it was an incompetent list management team or a captains call from a president not staying in his lane (or both) that Grundy deal should never have been agreed too. We gave up a rumoured kings ransom for an albatross contract, and based on the past decade of premiership teams by far overpaying a position that we didn’t need to.

And let’s be honest if we didn’t agree to that contract the 2020 disaster probably wouldn’t have had to be as bad as it was.
There are different ways of cleaning up a mess.

Ned Guy just threw a blanket over the corpse.

Hopefully Wrighty gets out the bleach and the woodchipper.

If our books are now balanced, we shouldn’t have to bend over as much this year.

If we do, the natives are going to get understandably restless again.

At the very least, we need to play hardball on Henry.

If we lose Grundy and Ollie and don’t end up with an extra first somewhere (this year or next) this trade period is a fail IMO.

Nb: I’d be just as happy to hold Henry and tell Geelong to GGF. Still a win.

Juan Ide

Team Captain
May 19, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
There are different ways of cleaning up a mess.

Ned Guy just threw a blanket over the corpse.

Hopefully Wrighty gets out the bleach and the woodchipper.

If our books are now balanced, we shouldn’t have to bend over as much this year.

If we do, the natives are going to get understandably restless again.

At the very least, we need to play hardball on Henry.

If we lose Grundy and Ollie and don’t end up with an extra first somewhere (this year or next) this trade period is a fail IMO.

Nb: I’d be just as happy to hold Henry and tell Geelong to GGF. Still a win.
Don't think I've ever seen such a perfect example of mixed metaphors than the first 6 lines of this. Had my head spinning. Kudos!

Prexm

All Australian
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm still holding out hope this is our end game, three first round picks this year (if Grundy and Henry depart).

Might be a pipe dream at this point though...
Our current 3rd round picks are losing value by the day so they alone won’t get close. If we got 27 for Grundy we then would have enough points to look at that as a possibility. However we would then have nothing to trade with if we are interested in Mitchell.

TheVillageIdiot7

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
His contract is ludicrous but we made that bed. Now we either lie in it with a very good player or we get proper value from him leaving. Taking unders because you free up a bit of coin is not a good outcome.

No mate he'd be gone by pick 10 even with a proper value contract on his head of 750-800k like Gawns contract.

Lol he went at 18 when he was first drafted because he posed a risk and rucks at that stage were out of favour as an early selection.

He is a proven player now not an 18 year old fair dinkum.

I'm not talking about fa compo with that price, but since you want to lets look at the other secret herbs and spices to that formula. BnF results, AA, awards, role, mcstay is getting a 2nd as a role playing KPF (which I'm quite happy to be getting mind you). Grundy is a better player then Mcstay.
Grundy is being seriously devalued on here to protect the club image in people's minds...

Luke Ball was coming with a broken body, he had to rehab and get himself right saints battered him into the ground.
Grundy even given his injuries last year is not a broken player.
I appreciate that you're passionate!!

But the 1st bolded part is awesome.
just to be clear....you're saying that some team that finished bottom this year will take Grundy & his 5 year contract inside the top 10?
yes?
damn i hope that's the truth!!

re: Grundy better than McStay.....what metrics are you using for this? and how does "better " equate to our gameplan?
Neither are comparable.....

Oct 1, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
1664885066551.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back