List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

I get what you mean…but Sydney to Melbourne is a little different than Melbourne to Geelong….
Next we will have players living on the Mornington peninsula requesting trades to Saints to be closer to home….
I agree with you , but here we are , seems the younger ones of this generation need the comfort of their mother more so in these uncertain times . Just trying to find a positive with the negative news that Ollie wants to leave .

I get what you mean…but Sydney to Melbourne is a little different than Melbourne to Geelong….
Next we will have players living on the Mornington peninsula requesting trades to Saints to be closer to home….
Does anyone really believe that Ollie would be so keen to get to Geelong if his brother wasn’t playing for them? I’m not buying the “go home” rhetoric, he’s close enough for that not to be an issue. Sure, he’d probably like the idea of playing for the Cats, but if Jack was playing in Melbourne too I doubt this would be happening.

From what I can see, we have 2 brothers who likely grew up dreaming of playing footy together at the Cats, and the opportunity is there for them to make it a reality. I don’t like it, but I understand it.

The young talent is now pretty bare, who do we have apart from ND? Ginnivan maybe but who else?

McCreery
Reef
Murphy
Quaynor
Macrae
Bobby Hill
Kreuger
1st Round pick
Henry pick

Draper
Bianco

Does anyone really believe that Ollie would be so keen to get to Geelong if his brother wasn’t playing for them? I’m not buying the “go home” rhetoric, he’s close enough for that not to be an issue. Sure, he’d probably like the idea of playing for the Cats, but if Jack was playing in Melbourne too I doubt this would be happening.

From what I can see, we have 2 brothers who likely grew up dreaming of playing footy together at the Cats, and the opportunity is there for them to make it a reality. I don’t like it, but I understand it.
2 father sons is a little different ..especially when they are both royalty

Henry leaving so soon should be the final nail in the Hine coffin.

He is clearly not asking the right questions at interviews. He is probably asking basic questions - “Will you get home sick” etc

They need to be asking the questions from different angles and at different stages of the interview. And probably do more back ground research into players.

Hopefully the next recruiter does a better job.
That would be worse than having to ask (in Ollie’s case) Taz if he’d get homesick coz he’s moving away from Mildura.

I’ve spent more time driving home from work in peak hour traffic than it would take to commute btn Melbourne to Geelong on most days.

When was the last time we drafted a forward who panned out? T. Cloke was a free hit, the others that were any good all turned into defenders. Was it Chris Tarrant back in the 90's ... who eventually turned into another defender!?

I agree with you , but here we are , seems the younger ones of this generation need the comfort of their mother more so in these uncertain times . Just trying to find a positive with the negative news that Ollie wants to leave .
Maybe it's his friends. Maybe it's the familiarity of everything around. Maybe it's a boyhood dream. Maybe it's his brother. Maybe it's hating living in the city. Kinda lame all this "mother's boy" dribble. I live in the country, every year people go to the city for uni and hate it and come back. We've delisted 2 second year players without batting an eye lid. I don't get why it turns to personal insults once a player chooses they want out.

When was the last time we drafted a forward who panned out? T. Cloke was a free hit, the others that were any good all turned into defenders. Was it Chris Tarrant back in the 90's ... who eventually turned into another defender!?
Moore became a defender. Checkers a defender became a forward. We like mixing it up. Maybe Hayes becomes our KPF

I'm so confused, I thought Bobby Hill was definite: why is all the Bobby Hill news on the AFL Trade Centre about Essendon?

"AFL.com.au’s Cal Twomey has told Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio that Hill is back in Western Australia with his family, all but pleading with the Giants to greenlight the deal to Essendon, where he will have more family support."

"Hill’s camp is urging Greater Western Sydney to agree to release the speedster to Essendon, citing concerns about Hill's welfare."

"Collingwood I felt yesterday, just in a few calls I made around the situation, was a clear second option."
Could be wrong but that read like last year's reports.

I'm so confused, I thought Bobby Hill was definite: why is all the Bobby Hill news on the AFL Trade Centre about Essendon?

"AFL.com.au’s Cal Twomey has told Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio that Hill is back in Western Australia with his family, all but pleading with the Giants to greenlight the deal to Essendon, where he will have more family support."

"Hill’s camp is urging Greater Western Sydney to agree to release the speedster to Essendon, citing concerns about Hill's welfare."

"Collingwood I felt yesterday, just in a few calls I made around the situation, was a clear second option."

That sounds like the news from the 2021 trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe you should check the date of the article you’re reading.

Edit: beaten to it lol

Henry is absolutely worth pick 7 if Geelong have it available. We continuously overate picks. He's played more games than everyone drafted ahead of him with the exception of Bruhn and his talent is undeniable.

Proven, young players should be valued over an unknown. What would Geelong expect for Holmes or DeKonig (im reaching but you catch my drift)

Pick 7 could be another Selwood or Bailey Smith or conversely a McAsey or Ahern
I wouldn't use pick 7 for a VFL player

Funny you mention Mornington , mates son , just about to turn 15 , represented Victoria last week in the Australian carnival in Shepparton, his Dad is North , Mum is Blues , St/Kilda has been giving him , sports merchandise, runners, singlets, tops , etc , as it’s their area , my hope is that if he makes it , his heart is where Uncle has nurtured him to follow and keep following.

Maybe it's his friends. Maybe it's the familiarity of everything around. Maybe it's a boyhood dream. Maybe it's his brother. Maybe it's hating living in the city. Kinda lame all this "mother's boy" dribble. I live in the country, every year people go to the city for uni and hate it and come back. We've delisted 2 second year players without batting an eye lid. I don't get why it turns to personal insults once a player chooses they want out.
Who is insulting?

Pick 16 + a 3rd for Mitchell + 24
Henry + 24 for 7
Grundy for 13
Future 2nd and a 4th for Hill + a 3rd
That 3rd for Frampton
Another 3rd for Fiorini
Use 7 on Cadman/Jefferson and 13 on best available inside mid.
I don’t think we need to use a first rounder on Mitchell, future second at most.

Henry leaving so soon should be the final nail in the Hine coffin.

He is clearly not asking the right questions at interviews. He is probably asking basic questions - “Will you get home sick” etc

They need to be asking the questions from different angles and at different stages of the interview. And probably do more back ground research into players.

Hopefully the next recruiter does a better job.
I have his mobile number if you need to tell him to ask different questions.

Likely ins.
Our own first.
Melbournes first.
Geelongs first

Will any of those be required for Mitch/Fiorini/Hill?

Taz however played most of his junior footy as a Wingman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back