List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brander seems a sensible target for us, but there has to be massive *alarm* bells.

A top 15 pick who played 11 games in 2021, averaging 15 disposals and the Eagles could not find a trade for him? No one has even expressed interest as a DFA yet. *alarm* *alarm*

Will be interesting to see what happens, but I'm thinking the smart clubs might be staying away. I'll back us in if we do choose to go that path, as he has potential to fill a need somewhere.

Timmy, I was mentioning lack of Tall defender types. Nobody knows where Kelly will play his best footy, maybe down back, so I’ll pay that one. McMahon, Johnson, Krueger, Begg all drafted/recruited as tallish forwards. Ruscoe more of a distributor in the back, Murphy a utility. McInnes maybe can play halfback, but I’m talking tall defenders. None of the above names fill me with much confidence to hold down a key defensive post. 2022 will show some of these names will be forced to play out of their natural forward positions. We’ll wait and see. It could be ugly. This season was ugly enough.

This is exactly why I said we shouldn’t pigeonhole them .

Yup and you can see that Fyfe comparison when he moves through traffic! If I had to guess what his issue is it’s that he doesn’t have the confidence.

Taylor Adams worst centering kick of the footy I’ve ever seen he not only can’t execute, but he also chooses the wrong option more often than not. The thing is he doesn’t care that he had one of the worst turnover kicks in GF history he will take that option til the day he retires because he has confidence.

Tyler should be in full training by now post surgery and should be as big as he’ll ever get when he returns so if he doesn’t have an AFL body plus the confidence to match he’s done, IMO.

great post!! Tyler is the backwards king. His standard play is to show elite ball handling skills by swooping in and cleanly scooping up the ball in a big milling pack, then he shows elite agility by buying himself some time evading a couple of tackles, then proceeds to hand pass it 15 metres backwards to the player standing flat footed on the defensive side of the pack. His continual choosing of the safe option drives me to distraction. My one hope is that Tyler has played in a pretty week midfield. Now that JDG and ND will be playing as attacking mids hopefully Tyler develops the confidence to actually go forward and at least give it to one of these two..

great post!! Tyler is the backwards king. His standard play is to show elite ball handling skills by swooping in and cleanly scooping up the ball in a big milling pack, then he shows elite agility by buying himself some time evading a couple of tackles, then proceeds to hand pass it 15 metres backwards to the player standing flat footed on the defensive side of the pack. His continual choosing of the safe option drives me to distraction. My one hope is that Tyler has played in a pretty week midfield. Now that JDG and ND will be playing as attacking mids hopefully Tyler develops the confidence to actually go forward and at least give it to one of these two..
Change of coach and game plan might help

Brander seems a sensible target for us, but there has to be massive *alarm* bells.

A top 15 pick who played 11 games in 2021, averaging 15 disposals and the Eagles could not find a trade for him? No one has even expressed interest as a DFA yet. *alarm* *alarm*

Will be interesting to see what happens, but I'm thinking the smart clubs might be staying away. I'll back us in if we do choose to go that path, as he has potential to fill a need somewhere.

Yep this is where I sit on the issue now. Almost need the popcorn gif.

Both are outside players who don’t have the size or speed to compete, struggle to get enough ball and have zero positional flexibility so yeah I guess you’re right in the sense that they’re completely different people 🤷‍♂️
Since when is Rantall an outside player?

I don’t see what we’d have to lose with a 1 year contract, be it senior or rookie list.

I agree. But I reckon even if Tyler did become more offensive with his ball use, he still needs to find it 7+ more times a game to be pulling his weight for his position. He's shown flashes but is a long way off it right now.

Reckon they still might. Even though Horne-Francis is prob legit the number 1 pick, by a whisker. North know we will pick him, and would love to fk us just a little bit. Also knowing that GWS could v well pass…
Again, north chief recruiter has already said they’re more than willing to do this.
I reckon North want the number one draft pick (player). If they bid on Daicos, Collingwood match and have the number one draft pick for 2021 and North have number 2.
The prestige of number one is good for North and may sell a few extra memberships and Horne-Francis gets an extra $10k.
I can’t see North selecting Daicos no matter what other motivations they may have i.e. to f##k with us, erode our points (which helps everyone else) etc.

He was highly rated in his draft year. For some reason he hasn’t developed. This may be lack of opportunities, being played out of position, or some clubs do not get the best out of a given player who may come on once he moves clubs. He’s also a Victorian I believe, maybe with covid and the hard border stance, he’s missed family and been affected - who knows.
I’ve seen him play live at a few Eagles games and he’s very quick and mobile for his size. Seems to have decent hands and snags the odd goal.
There’s a bit to work with there, if he’s a free swing I think he’s worth a shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon North want the number one draft pick (player). If they bid on Daicos, Collingwood match and have the number one draft pick for 2021 and North have number 2.
The prestige of number one is good for North and may sell a few extra memberships and Horne-Francis gets an extra $10k.
I can’t see North selecting Daicos no matter what other motivations they may have i.e. to f##k with us, erode our points (which helps everyone else) etc.
People said that about Adelaide and thilthorpe

Adelaide being a bigger club might have preferred the exact opposite and made this as low key as possible
Situation probably a bit different.
JUH was far out the standout, without playing a game. There was no distributing he was the #1 pick. That hasn't been the case this year once Nick came on the scene. Has been neck in neck.
Some people think Crows should have taken McDonald, as they saw him right up there with JUH, TT a very worthy 2nd though.

There was also another reason, which was explained in a video crows released of their decision when bidding on JUH and taking Riley. They got whif of the dogs interested on Rowe, so bidding was part because they knew JUH was the best prospect, and also because they would have access to Rowe.

Both are outside players who don’t have the size or speed to compete, struggle to get enough ball and have zero positional flexibility so yeah I guess you’re right in the sense that they’re completely different people 🤷‍♂️
They’re definitely different people as well as different players even if neither are AFL standard

I agree. But I reckon even if Tyler did become more offensive with his ball use, he still needs to find it 7+ more times a game to be pulling his weight for his position. He's shown flashes but is a long way off it right now.
Spot on, apart from being Mr. Backwards he is also Mr Teen possession game. Even in the VFL. Indeed I’ve only ever seen seen him play one genuinely good game. It was against the Carlton 2nds in 2019, and he was dominant, breathtakingly good. And that’s why he drives me bananas, cause there is talent there, but all we get is tantalising cameos. I’d be playing him in the VFL until he delivers 4 25 possession games in a row..

Situation probably a bit different.
JUH was far out the standout, without playing a game. There was no distributing he was the #1 pick. That hasn't been the case this year once Nick came on the scene. Has been neck in neck.
Some people think Crows should have taken McDonald, as they saw him right up there with JUH, TT a very worthy 2nd though.

There was also another reason, which was explained in a video crows released of their decision when bidding on JUH and taking Riley. They got whif of the dogs interested on Rowe, so bidding was part because they knew JUH was the best prospect, and also because they would have access to Rowe.
Yes, they had another reason for bidding. I think we need to make sure we have enough points to cover a bid on Daicos at 1, because having a deficit next year would be enough reason for them to bid. If they finish above us next year, a deficit might be enough to put their draft pick before ours.

Yes, they had another reason for bidding. I think we need to make sure we have enough points to cover a bid on Daicos at 1, because having a deficit next year would be enough reason for them to bid. If they finish above us next year, a deficit might be enough to put their draft pick before ours.
I think we will prepare for the worst, and hope for the best

People said that about Adelaide and thilthorpe
Adelaide were targeting a player that the dogs were interested in later in the draft. It was in their best interests to burn as many points as possible and take them out of the equation.

Did they? Even so, JUG was seen to be a level above Thilthorpe. That’s not the case with Daicos and Horne-Francis. Many on this board think Horne-Francis is the number one anyway.
It's all a bit speculative anyway. Nick Daicos is OURS - JHF won't be. We should just be happy we have a future gun heading our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back