List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess we just hold our cards (picks) for the just in case field. Even though Nth have committed to taking JHF in next month’s draft.

Guess we just hold our cards (picks) for the just in case field. Even though Nth have committed to taking JHF in next month’s draft.

Yeah the temptation would be to move 27 out early but I'm hoping we hold it until draft night just in case. If they call ND at 1 then we lose 27. Just the way it is.

GW and crew will just have to have multiple live pick swap options lined up each time the bid moves out.

I think they may have teed up Richmond's 38 and 40 for 27 should a bid at 1 come. This will eat up all our pick's so hopefully they have something else in mind as well
Understood for me I would of course like to end up with a future second or upgrade our future 1st but the overriding priority should be to protect our 1st and get Nick without penalty after that it's a matter of opportunity or perhaps taking advantage of a pre laid plan.

Understood for me I would of course like to end up with a future second or upgrade our future 1st but the overriding priority should be to protect our 1st and get Nick without penalty after that it's a matter of opportunity or perhaps taking advantage of a pre laid plan.
How do you upgrade a future first at this point?

I have been calling for the brown brothers to be delisted for years.

but ngl I did see some promise in Callum Brown of all people late in the season.

Will never be A graders but can add value as role players
Tyler will become a good long term player. I have confidence in the boy and think he has some genuine talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they may have teed up Richmond's 38 and 40 for 27 should a bid at 1 come. This will eat up all our pick's so hopefully they have something else in mind as well
That won’t work. It will put us further behind.
Currently, unless we delist more players, we can only use 5 picks to match bids.
If we get rid of 27 (703 points), and swap it for 2 picks(38 -465 points, 40 - 429 points), we lose the use of our current 5th pick (55 -207 points) because this will become our 6th pick.
So, lose 703 and 207 points to gain 465 and 429 points puts us 16 points further behind..

It's been generally accepted for months that JHF will go to North at one. The questions that will not be answered until draft night is whether NM will make CFC and WB pay for their FSs. Old news!

Ps. I rate Tyler, I flagged last year and hope this year that Ruscoe and Tyler are developed accross the HBL. Should have happened last year instead of Mayne and Madge list clogging efforts. Poor list development from two senior coaches is my opinion.

Last edited:
Tyler will become a good long term player. I have confidence in the boy and think he has some genuine talent.
If his body develops something like his dad's (a physically-speaking, late-bloomer), and he produces more high-possession games in the VFL.
Think there is something there, but the clock is ticking.

I’d be inclined to leave it as ours.
Well, footy analysts are predicting a bad season. If we were to sell it for the price of pick 5, then we could profit and take a W at the draft. If our focus is on KPP, then 2022's class is infinitely more fruitful.

That won’t work. It will put us further behind.
Currently, unless we delist more players, we can only use 5 picks to match bids.
If we get rid of 27 (703 points), and swap it for 2 picks(38 -465 points, 40 - 429 points), we lose the use of our current 5th pick (55 -207 points) because this will become our 6th pick.
So, lose 703 and 207 points to gain 465 and 429 points puts us 16 points further behind..
Delistings may not yet be finished.

Delistings may not yet be finished.
I think they are, given the rest OOC have been reported in the media about recieving new deals.

Noble - 2 years
Madgen - 1 year
Cameron - I was told he has a trigger on his contract for 2022 but hasnt been reported.
Cox - Now in discussions of a contract

Hopefully we somehow return the favour to North. Goodwill should be recogniseD. The way GW did the Lapinski trade shows that is part of his character.
Its about the first pick getting an extra 10 grand and the "Pick 1" brand.
North haven't ever had Pick 1, they've been hyping JHF up all year. They called him last week to tell him they weren't trading Pick 1.

They've committed to him.

Its about the first pick getting an extra 10 grand and the "Pick 1" brand.
North haven't ever had Pick 1, they've been hyping JHF up all year. They called him last week to tell him they weren't trading Pick 1.

They've committed to him.

Great News for us then as we don't have to Trade anything to get the Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back