List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Blues would deal DeKonig for Grundy. DeKonig can play forward and Blues are right now in the window

No way the Blues do that deal but we seriously should be offering De Koning some good coin. Not sure of his contract status but with the Blues having to resign Curnow and Mackay soon, at the very least it puts a squeeze on their seemingly unquenchable salary cap.
De Koning has been looking the goods for quite a while and really can clunk a mark. The only doubt it have is whether he can be a permanent forward. That's what we would want him for.

Watch Pendles and Sidey intentionally kicking top spinning mongrel punts into forward 50. Having said that - no idea how McStay, of all players, would benefit from it.
Our system favours a Jack Crisp-style running goal, not an old-school mark, kick, mark, kick, mark, goal from long ago.

Watch Pendles and Sidey intentionally kicking top spinning mongrel punts into forward 50. Having said that - no idea how McStay, of all players, would benefit from it.
Chaos is a deliberate tactic that the Tigers used. It's about ensuring the defender does not mark the ball (by kicking a mongrel style kick) and the ball stays in motion.

At worst the aim is to gain territory and create a stoppage. At best you might score a goal.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

What would Nick Daicos' price be? I AM NOT SAYING WE SHOULD, just wondering!!!!!!!!

6l38fd.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you're missing the point. its getting Grundys money off the books and getting a guy who may win 3 or 4 games a year for you.

I know we have a young list but I’m not sure trading for Daicos’ great-great-grandfather is the answer.

Dixon can win 3 or 4 games off his boot. They don't grow on trees and we don't have the capital to get a younger version.

His salary would be less than Grundy as well.
Turns 32 in a few Months…played 4 games so far this year.
I would prefer Tex…but don’t want him either.
Grundy stays.

I know we have a young list but I’m not sure trading for Daicos’ great-great-grandfather is the answer.

Dixon will be off the books by the end of 2023. Grundy is 2027.

Dixon may have 10 good games left in him. I'd roll that dice and see if it gets a flag.

Turns 32 in a few Months…played 4 games so far this year.
I would prefer Tex…but don’t want him either.
Grundy stays.

I was in Tex wagon 2 years ago but that one sailed.

Dixon had ankle surgery after a preseason injury hence his late start.

2021 - 24 games for 48 goals.
2020 - 18 games for 34 goals.

No way the Blues do that deal but we seriously should be offering De Koning some good coin. Not sure of his contract status but with the Blues having to resign Curnow and Mackay soon, at the very least it puts a squeeze on their seemingly unquenchable salary cap.
De Koning has been looking the goods for quite a while and really can clunk a mark. The only doubt it have is whether he can be a permanent forward. That's what we would want him for.
Apparently Cats are offering him 3x $600k.

you're missing the point. its getting Grundys money off the books and getting a guy who may win 3 or 4 games a year for you.
If you want Grundy off the books, winning 3 or 4 games isn't enough. If you want Grundy off the list, find a player or group to trade for. But Grundy stays for me. Done too much damage trading players who didn't want to be or should never have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back