List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we'll delist him, so this isn't a sales pitch, but:

Frampton was tearing it up as an intercept defender earlier in the season. Has played 6 games in the seniors this year, for 3 wins, including against Bulldogs, Richmond and Port. Go have a look at his highlights against the Doggies. Ended up being used as a KPD against Carlton and got comprehensively annihilated by Curnow/McKay, was subsequently dropped, and never returned.

It was a bizarre time to drop Frampton. Was asked him to fulfil the KPD role against a team with two KPF's in the top 10 of the Coleman, including the current leader, in only what, his 4th/5th game as a defender? (has switched from KPF) Keeping in mind our other forward Butts was also next to useless in this game, although admittedly Frampton was worse. Club Record Inside 50's from Carlton.

Frampton is a major reason why we're sitting 2nd in the SANFL. Is absolutely beautiful by foot, rebound 50's galore, brilliant intercept defender. He just needs to work on his 1-1 game.

This bloke is ripping it up in the SANFL for Marks, intercepts, M gained from defence. Literally ever stat we're either bottom in, or close to bottom in at this stage of the season.

IMO he has improved his 1-1 work in the SANFL, and is now a pretty versatile defender. Your lot have experience in turning forwards into defenders, i think we will rue not persisting with him and he will flourish in another team.
Agree with you. His stats are too good to ignore.

Can you explain that again in simpler form please
Some players don't have specific dollar figures in their contract, but instead their salary is a percentage of whatever the total salary cap is each year. Pendlebury is one of those players on our list if I recall correctly.

Let's say the cap is $12m one year, and Pendlebury's contract is that he earns 7% of the cap. So his salary for that year is $840k.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some players don't have specific dollar figures in their contract, but instead their salary is a percentage of whatever the total salary cap is each year. Pendlebury is one of those players on our list if I recall correctly.

Let's say the cap is $12m one year, and Pendlebury's contract is that he earns 7% of the cap. So his salary for that year is $840k.

Much appreciated mate

I reckon we'll delist him, so this isn't a sales pitch, but:

Frampton was tearing it up as an intercept defender earlier in the season. Has played 6 games in the seniors this year, for 3 wins, including against Bulldogs, Richmond and Port. Go have a look at his highlights against the Doggies. Ended up being used as a KPD against Carlton and got comprehensively annihilated by Curnow/McKay, was subsequently dropped, and never returned.

It was a bizarre time to drop Frampton. Was asked him to fulfil the KPD role against a team with two KPF's in the top 10 of the Coleman, including the current leader, in only what, his 4th/5th game as a defender? (has switched from KPF) Keeping in mind our other KPD Butts was also next to useless in this game, although admittedly Frampton was worse. Club Record Inside 50's from Carlton.

Frampton is a major reason why we're sitting 2nd in the SANFL. Is absolutely beautiful by foot, rebound 50's galore, brilliant intercept defender. He just needs to work on his 1-1 game.

This bloke is ripping it up in the SANFL for Marks, intercepts, M gained from defence. Literally ever stat we're either bottom in, or close to bottom in at this stage of the season.

IMO he has improved his 1-1 work in the SANFL, and is now a pretty versatile defender. Your lot have experience in turning forwards into defenders, i think we will rue not persisting with him and he will flourish in another team.

Sounds exactly like a sales pitch. Is that you, Billy!?

The Frampton decision, if true, is very smart because you are going to need even taller defenders over the next few years, 195cm might not cut it anymore. forwards are getting taller and there are quite a few ruck/forwards emerging as well

I hate to say it but Jeremy Howe is just about cooked…sure he has his moments but his body is coming to an end
Makes sense to target another intercept player

I think it's pretty rare. There was an article a couple of years ago that Pendles and Selwood were on such contracts, but I doubt their latest short term contracts are like that.

I hate to say it but Jeremy Howe is just about cooked…sure he has his moments but his body is coming to an end
Wouldn’t it make more sense to get another KPD and use Murphy in that smaller 3rd tall intercept role rather than persisting with him as an undersized KPD?

I agree with targetting another defender, but don't think Howe is looking cooked. If you're talking about the brain fades or occasional shanked kick - he's done that his whole career.

It's becoming more evident that Howe, and for that matter Pendles and even Sidey, are coming to the end of their respective careers. Sidebottom has had somewhat of a resurgence this season but it is against the trend of a steady decline. Pendles is ever-more frequently fumbling and getting caught - a sure sign that age is catching up with him, and Howe is just not as sure-footed as he once was. That said, I'm sure they will all be on the list next season but suspect that the next will likely be their last. We need to have a well-established transition plan for these guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compared to his last full season in 2019 his stats are virtually identical, and don't show a tail off.

I agree with targetting another defender, but don't think Howe is looking cooked. If you're talking about the brain fades or occasional shanked kick - he's done that his whole career.

Howe is also being asked to take some pretty unfavourable defensive match-ups which are stretching his ability and making him look worse than he is. I think if we bring in a stopper Howe's the biggest beneficiary.

This observation is somewhat diminished by your earlier admission that you couldn’t let yourself watch the second half! Go back and take a look.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I still haven't watched the last but I know we almost doubled their forward entries. Hardly a sign of a team being dominated. I keep seeing 11 goals and feeling underwhelmed by the mighty all conquering Swans.
They played well and beat an undermanned side comfortably. That's it

I still haven't watched the last but I know we almost doubled their forward entries. Hardly a sign of a team being dominated. I keep seeing 11 goals and feeling underwhelmed by the mighty all conquering Swans.
Not a lot of point talking footy with someone who can't get through a game. Not sure that level of anxiety helps one's analysis of even the bits you get to see. Get help.

I know it has been said before but if we bring in Hill , Frampton and McStay we will be cutting at least 5 players. I had Callum Brown 2nd on my cuts from the main list but now he is playing not so sure now.

I was at the game and the Swans dominated tempo and field position

They were more in control in defence and up forward were dangerous - Heeney could have kicked 4 in the first quarter

Longmire is a very good coach - I think he bested Fly

They disrupted any time we got a run on

Based upon yesterday, and with their home ground advantage, Swans are red hot chance to make GF

I know it has been said before but if we bring in Hill , Frampton and McStay we will be cutting at least 5 players. I had Callum Brown 2nd on my cuts from the main list but now he is playing not so sure now.
Chugg. Wilson. Madgen. Roughy. And if Grundy or/and Poulter leave?
Can add in one of the browns if necessary.
You dont have to select 3 players at the draft. Just use three picks. You can select 2 plus upgrade a rookie (noble)

You dont have to select 3 players at the draft. Just use three picks. You can select 2 plus upgrade a rookie (noble)
I don't think too many would argue with that list, Jen. As much as I want the Brown Bros to succeed after watching yesterday's game I cannot help but think Callum just has to go. He looked afraid to dispose of the ball by foot which just does not suit our game style. I simply cannot see a place for him in our senior side.

We could bring in all 3 of those under our cap space.There will be delistings and trades. If we bring in a Taranto, then we might have to shuffle the decks

Does Noble have to be upgraded this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back