List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lipinski, Kreuger, Stengle, Daicos, Did and Rhett Bazzo.

They replace Mayne, Greenwood, Lynch, JT, Sier and Madgen.

Dream scenario. Bookmark this.
Who's this Bazzo bloke. I hope we draft him for his name alone. It's such a footy club name.

I think I'll stick to reading the COB summary every day.

Not enough info forthcoming on Continental Tyres to incentivise listening to trade radio.

One observation carrying over from the other thread with tradedraft wanting some early action is that neither Lipinski or Kreuger will join Collingwood this week.

Kreuger’s an afterthought (ala the Cameron and Murray deals) so that’s sorted out today with a handshake agreement for a future 4th or whatever and then sat on until late in the final day. Lipinski though will go down to the wire because both clubs are going to be a fair way apart and will only be resolved once both clubs get a better feel for how their draft will play out.

My guess is we’ll get a clearer picture on where the Dogs stand once we know Sweet’s future, which will probably be dependant on SPS, which will probably be held up by Cerra and that’ll probably be held up by that ******* making a late offer for him to join the Dons… The Dogs losing Sweet will have a bearing on interest in Lynch which is how they’ll save face, IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rusty Beam you’ve got yourself a fan. Kane Cornes just went whooshka over the quality of the SANFL GF! Apparently Dan and Troy Menzel kicked a bunch between them…

Stengle was ok, he’s not the answer, but he might be worth a rookie spot. Kane’s words paraphrased not mine. I tend to agree and I’m not convinced…

Rusty Beam you’ve got yourself a fan. Kane Cornes just went whooshka over the quality of the SANFL GF! Apparently Dan and Troy Menzel kicked a bunch between them…

Stengle was ok, he’s not the answer, but he might be worth a rookie spot. Kane’s words paraphrased not mine. I tend to agree and I’m not convinced…
Agree Stengle isn't the blue eyed boy but with our trade and draft position we need to seek improvement where we can - as a Thomas replacement he hits it out of the park.

I assume by ‘Whooska’, he wasn’t impressed.

Not to be too disrespectful. But whilst a very good player for a long time, Gibbs has been past it at AFL level for a long time (3 years at least). Yet he went back and dominated in the SANFL to win the Magarey this year.

Probably says something about the standard by itself.

(Let alone the fact players like Partington and Grigg have done the same… and that’s the top end of the talent pool)

Last edited:

Not to be too disrespectful. But whilst a very good player for a long time, Gibbs has been past it at AFL level for a long time (3 years at least). Yet he went back and dominated in the SANFL this year to win the Magarey.

(Let alone the fact players like Partington and Grigg have done the same… and that’s the top end of the talent pool)
I loved the SANFL granny because of the fat monster that was rucking for the Eagles. Felt like Mick Nolan had been resurrected

Not to be too disrespectful. But whilst a very good player for a long time, Gibbs has been past it at AFL level for a long time (3 years at least). Yet he went back and dominated in the SANFL to win the Magarey this year.

You know it.

As it’s playing out I think I’m settling on where Stengle stands for us. He has the talent, but when we pass I’ll be ok with it because he doesn’t have the body. I’m happy to give Wade a chance with our 1-4 year players, but I’m not keen on a 23yo Stengle in a one year rookie situation at one of the biggest clubs in the country under a new fitness boss.

Also could someone call in and bitch slap Lloyd? He just went with Collingwood trading out one of our big names (Moore, JDG and Maynard) and I have to assume he’s s**t stirring because he knows the FS bidding system. It’d just make me feel a little better to hear him put back in his place on live radio.

I'm in the "get Stengle to replace Josh Thomas" camp because he'd be cheaper and IMO has capabilities to match JT's 2018 impact provided we get our ball movement right.

I spent all of last year's trade period hoping we were getting Gunston. If only! On one hand there's the GW and McRae connection but on the other hand there's the picks and the salary cap 😭

And to think last year I was pinning some hope on him being previously managed by Ned Guy...

You know it.

As it’s playing out I think I’m settling on where Stengle stands for us. He has the talent, but when we pass I’ll be ok with it because he doesn’t have the body. I’m happy to give Wade a chance with our 1-4 year players, but I’m not keen on a 23yo Stengle in a one year rookie situation at one of the biggest clubs in the country under a new fitness boss.

Also could someone call in and b*tch slap Lloyd? He just went with Collingwood trading out one of our big names (Moore, JDG and Maynard) and I have to assume he’s sh*t stirring because he knows the FS bidding system. It’d just make me feel a little better to hear him put back in his place on live radio.
If you get the direct quotes from him for me to respond to I'll happily call up.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surprised to see Hawthorn supposedly shopping Ceglar around with hopes of improving their draft hand, despite him being contracted for next year. I can't imagine Ceglar actually being worth much in a trade.

And if they get rid of him, are they suggesting he's surplus to their needs, and they'll use the likes of Ned Reeves in the future?

Or are they just as likely to turn around and go after Max Lynch 🤷

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back