List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s 3 players being traded:

Pick 6 2016. 14 games this season. Best 22.

Pick 49 2016 draft. 9 games this season. 2 finals. KPD.

Pick 28 2016 draft. 11 games this season.Not best 22.

How can the pick 28 be worth more than the other 2?

Exactly

This is why Wright should walk away if Bulldogs wont' accept 58 (or 55).

Seens a waste of time developing a ruckman.

We’ve actually done well to get anything. Twelve months ago he looked a bust and most guys with 5 years and 3 matches to their name don’t even get a second shot. IMO, it’s more a sign of the ruck market and I’d hope that as a club we reconsider what we’re doing in that space. Something along the lines of having 4 on our list at all times with 3 of them late picks and simply rotating them through to move on once their value goes up.

At the price players have been traded so far, we'd be lucky to get a handful of regular kidney beans - let alone magic ones. Our best chance of getting something is Lynch to Hawks, Ceglar to Dogs and we throw someone a small sweetener - or something like that.

Herald Sun mentions that Hawthorn enquired about Lynch last season I.e. GW asked about Lynch.

Lynch this season has a breakout game against Melbourne (best ruckman in comp)

Now GW is on the other side of the fence.

Surely GW will know what Hawthorn were going to offer last season for Lynch and will ensure we get more than that?

He will also know pretty much every Hawthorn contract?

Come on GW work some magic.

Given GW and McRae both know the Hawthorn list pretty well - is it possible Max Lynch gets done in a player swap? Hawthorn want to gain picks, not lose them. Player swap might suit them

Thoughts.

For me a player swap is probably a better option than a junk pick in the 50s

Lynch for Callow, Jeka, ?

GW and Fly will rate one of the Hawks players playing out at Box Hill

Surely the Dogs should want Lynch and make the Lipinski deal a win win. Last time they stuffed up by not wanting Witts, when they needed him - get your s**t together Dogs.

They may or may not, but nothing will happen this year.

Why anyone thought we had capital to obtain either another future first or move up from 22 is beyond me. Dreamland. Apparently 22 to 27 is a huge drop? and yet the same think we could move 22 into a first? Right…

Or posters were having a bit of fun with the possibilities. People are too serious in this thread sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we traded our 2022 first round pick and go into deficit next year, we’ll only lose points from our 2nd pick.

Ie minor downgrade of our 2nd round pick.
What would you take for it ?(understanding we cant trade it currently). Just asking as I am not understanding why so many are keen on being able to trade it. I think everyone would see it as a likely top 4 pick. Not likely to get that value in a swap, and if it turned into pick 1, which is on the cards, could really burn us.

Me, I really want us to keep that for next year.

If we traded our 2022 first round pick and go into deficit next year, we’ll only lose points from our 2nd pick.

Ie minor downgrade of our 2nd round pick.

Not a minor downgrade, unless it's a very minor deficit.

But i like the thinking, it would have been an option if we were trading someone of note in this year or if Daicos wasn't going to go so early. But the way we've gone so far, I don't think there's much chance.

Not really looking for too much more in the way of big moves until draft day. Reckon we are going very nicely. Seems keeping our 202 2nd was never really a possibility. We will get Lipinski for a net pick late 40/50's most likely and then hopefully Daicos picks comes 2 or 3 ( or 4 as Scodog10 reckons is a chance now) and we get a 2022 2nd back from come somewhere.

Only question I have is if the above occurs would we have been better keeping 22 to get back into future 2nd round pick rather than 27 and having the future 3rd?

I am of the view we really need to get access to the top end of the draft as much as possible in the 2-3 years. We have a load of younger players now, big and small, but not enough from the top end. Not sure we need anymore pick 40/50/60 types at the club this year. W have too many to sort through already.

What would you take for it ?(understanding we cant trade it currently). Just asking as I am not understanding why so many are keen on being able to trade it. I think everyone would see it as a likely top 4 pick. Not likely to get that value in a swap, and if it turned into pick 1, which is on the cards, could really burn us.

Me, I really want us to keep that for next year.

I’d take Freos pick 6 (pick 8 after Darcy & Daicos) & pick 22 (pick 24).

Works out to pick 3 in terms of points.

FWIW, I don’t think we’ll finish bottom 4 next year. Easier draw and hopefully new coaching style helps.

FWIW, I don’t think we’ll finish bottom 4 next year.
Easier draw and hopefully new coaching style helps.
If we dont its a bonus but i think we should be trading on the basis we will. Other worry with the list imbalance, and i think sr36 hes been the one to suggest this, is we might see a bounce in 22 and then a fall again as the older top end players drop off.

A bounce would make your suggestion a very good one.

Not really looking for too much more in the way of big moves until draft day. Reckon we are going very nicely. Seems keeping our 202 2nd was never really a possibility. We will get Lipinski for a net pick late 40/50's most likely and then hopefully Daicos picks comes 2 or 3 ( or 4 as Scodog10 reckons is a chance now) and we get a 2022 2nd back from come somewhere.

Only question I have is if the above occurs would we have been better keeping 22 to get back into future 2nd round pick rather than 27 and having the future 3rd?

I am of the view we really need to get access to the top end of the draft as much as possible in the 2-3 years. We have a load of younger players now, big and small, but not enough from the top end. Not sure we need anymore pick 40/50/60 types at the club this year. W have too many to sort through already.
I agree, we got a load of young kids last year but none were top 10 prospects. Daicos this year and hopefully a high first rounder next year and we will be well on our way as we've picked up a nice core of kids in the last few years but we just need 1 or 2 more future stars.

I'd be chasing a player or future pick. Callow for Lynch seems to low but Callow + future 4th for Lynch sweetens it. Callow can play in a defensive role so that'd be a plus. Wouldn't call him a ballerina, though but Mihocek has shown us sometimes you need a bit of hip-hop rather than grace to succeed at the top level. It is football, after all.

I'll preface this by saying I know this is being optimistic. But I wonder if we add something and go after Mitch Lewis.

Is there any benefit thru gaining a free collateral by bending over the bulldogs after the Treloar debacle by sending lapinski into the psd for free. Does this assist or hinder the pies.

FWIW, I don’t think we’ll finish bottom 4 next year. Easier draw and hopefully new coaching style helps.

Not against the idea... but what would pick 6 specifically net us?

Gibcus? Andrew? Then perhaps yeah

But after JHF, Daicos, Callaghan...it looks like midfielders wise you could throw a blanket over the next 7-10 in terms of projected ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back