List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheVillageIdiot7

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are they serious? That's overs for Hill.

Of course it's overs....but he's contracted.
So to move someone who is contracted, you need to pay overs.
If he was out of contract, it swings the other way because of threat of PSD (depending on where the clubs finished).

Dons refused to pay overs and GWS called their (and Hills) bluff.
They are very poor at getting players through the door.

Players don't hold the power when they are contracted if they want to try and dictate terms (like Hill).
Its the risk they take. His manager tried the heart strings approach and its fallen over.

pretty sure if i'm Hill....i'm looking around for a new Manager!!!

Gabbo64

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2012
Bunbury WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Hill's getting all emotional and stuff like that.. where's the GDub to capitalise on Hill's obfuscatedness.. get in Hill's ear and give him something mellifluous re.. bit of cajoling.. he'll sign before he realises he's done a non sequitor.. no choice but to make his way down to the Holden Centre.. he'll be like all flummoxed about it before he walks in.. but once he walks in........ he'll be like like....... fu** re.... this is all avant-garde.. this is chic man.. this.. is.. 50.. shades.. of seeeeexy.. this is where I belong.
Did you eat a dictionary for dinner?

pick 27 and future 3rd it was for Hill
Which was what we got for pick 22. It doesn’t sound that bad to me, but I'd hope we were asking for some points back for this year.

What I like about it though is it signals a more aggressive style from us. Valuing a small forward hopefully means we are planning to get crumbers to the fall of the ball, rather than having them hang back to block off the outlets. Shame we didn't draft Stengle in MSD - we probably would have been able to pick up Begg as the DFA.

Which was what we got for pick 22. It doesn’t sound that bad to me, but I'd hope we were asking for some points back for this year.

What I like about it though is it signals a more aggressive style from us. Valuing a small forward hopefully means we are planning to get crumbers to the fall of the ball, rather than having them hang back to block off the outlets. Shame we didn't draft Stengle in MSD - we probably would have been able to pick up Begg as the DFA.

How could we get Begg as a DFA when he never been on the AFL List before?

Trickster

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints

Stengle was the 1 we may regret...

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
So is it we either get Hawthorn's future 3rd or Brisbane's future 3rd

Needs to be Hawthorn's realistically for us to benefit from the trade. Might as well just suck up pick 50 or 55 this year if it's Brisbane's future 3rd, even if we can't use them for the bid match in the end.

T. Browne people

T. BROWNE . . .
We offered Noddy and Bigears for Big Ted, but little Ted wouldn't have a bar of it.

Good on Tom for learning to spell.
Next stop....Grammar.
Then content.
Then context.
Then fact.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
If the Browne tweet is true I think we need to take an objective view of it before bringing into it whatever personal view we've formed about Hill in recent hours.

GWS hold the power. Hill is a contracted player. He's also very young. He plays in a position we are crying out for depth in. He claims he wants to get to Victoria for compassionate reasons (ignoring how he went about it). Of course we needed to pay overs in that situation.

He isn't some 29 year old out of contract player.

Who knows

Hindsight will tell us

2nd rounder + 3rounder so cheap if he becomes a gun goal sneak
It’s an expensive mistake if he doesn’t come on

what do you do?
back yourself in I guess
All I know is, we have posters who would do really well bargaining for rip off soccer shirts in Bali.

What could they possibly have sent back that would insulate us from an inevitable bid from North at Pick 1?

If you can throw a 600-800 point deficit at another team's future first round pick then you put the bid in at pick 1. Every single time.
I think you only do that if you think its going to benefit you. When one team loses through an earlier bid, that loss gets distributed amongst other teams. Are North likely to benefit? Or are they just distributing our assets to other teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back