List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour on the S&R board that Naughton is unhappy at WBD.
I posted this:
So potentially a (tall) player wants out, (or is wanted out) of Collingwood, Fremantle, Melbourne and WBD.
Swap a few picks around and maybe something could be worked out?
:think::think:
Would jump at Naughton.

With Darcy and potentially Lobb, maybe the Dogs would reluctantly trade Naughton if the price is right. Unlikely but worth having a crack.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I posted this:
So potentially a (tall) player wants out, (or is wanted out) of Collingwood, Fremantle, Melbourne and WBD.

Sooner or later the penny will drop at the dogs at how many quality players beverage seems to have fallen out with over the years. He’s still in his premiership honeymoon and might be so for a while, but plenty of dogs seem to be wanting out year after year.

I don’t understand how BG accepting a pay cut will help us in getting TT.

If TT wanted 600K and BG took a 300k cut.

Realistically, we still would need an extra (approx) 300k to get TT.
Probably be a player like say Hoskin-Elliott who would not be offered a new contract. Also we would have to give up some decent draft picks to have both.

If we lose Grundy we need a long term development prospect replacement rather than a vfl type top up.

I’m sure that Kreuger Begg and mcStay if he joins will be adequate immediate depth.

None of those options could play the number 1 ruck role well. They'd get pantsed. If Grundy goes we'll need to get someone in as depth as a minimum. The fix isn't on our list.

Agreed

Viable options;
BG accepts a pay cut, (may still do),
BG stays on current contract, which may impact our ability to afford new players,
We do exactly this and get some new players in.

Grundy isn't taking a pay cut, hence why he's talking to other clubs. He is entitled to what he re-signed for, and if he thinks we are not wanting to continue with that contract, he is looking at his options as to how he can get his contract honoured. I think Brodie would also understand as to why we may be looking to moving him on, because $950K x5 years is alot to invest in one player....

I posted this:
Would like naughton, but the guy is overrated for mine and into his fifth season and seems.to.carry injuries

Would he cost more than he's worth?
Having said that perfect fit for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of money to free up; what do people reckon Roughead was on after he extended?

Doubt he was on too much

But honestly, between delisting the likes of Callum Brown (who knowing Buckley was probably on way more than we all think lol), Tyler, Madgen, Ruscoe and the retirement of Roughead, I wouldn't be surprised if we could keep Grundy if he was willing to re-do his contract a little bit

Maybe they're just trading Treloar's wage with Grundy's? Trealor's payouts end next year.

Grundy's would start next year.

Assuming all the Grundy talk is real, I'm guessing Graham Wright has put forward 2 lists:

List 1 - "This is our list over the next 5 years if we keep Brodie"
List 2 - "This is our list if we trade Brodie and pay 200K of his contract"

My guess is that List 2 looks FAR stronger than list 1 and they probably think that list is worth 200K per year for 5 years

In terms of money to free up; what do people reckon Roughead was on after he extended?
With triggers, front and back loading it could be anything. Which is why the obsession with using speculative dollar values to determine a player's worth is futile. Take the McStay for 600k example. On one hand it's deemed too much for one role player who will likely be best 22 and play over 20 games a year. But then the 600k isn't too much to split every year on 2 depth players who will likely not develop and play VFL all season. It doesn't get considered because we don't know what those types are earning, though league average wages show that bar 1st and second year players, most will be earning over 300k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back