List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty p1ssed off Essendon and Cartoon ended up with so many early picks. Don't really want them fast tracking their rebuilds.

I'm concerned about Essendon ahead of Carlton.

Essendon will likely add the guy they view the best mid in the draft (I expect the first 3 to be KPP) and Curnow/ Francis on top of Daniher, Hurley, Heppell, Hooker and Z Merrett is a nice platform to build from especially if they can get 2 more years out of Watson and Goddard.

Carlton movements were just dicey. Right now they are very good things for the 2016 spoon and I feel like they may have gone all Melbourne of 09 and cut too deep to get high end picks in a lesser draft. Good luck to them if it comes off, but they paid a hefty price to bring in what they have in 3 former first round picks and a 4th place getter in their B&F this year. With their poor development I just think it was an all or nothing gamble.

Essendon will likely add the guy they view the best mid in the draft (I expect the first 3 to be KPP) and Curnow/ Francis on top of Daniher, Hurley, Heppell, Hooker and Z Merrett is a nice platform to build from especially if they can get 2 more years out of Watson and Goddard.
Not to mention their high picks of last year potentially being very capable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carlton movements were just dicey. Right now they are very good things for the 2016 spoon and I feel like they may have gone all Melbourne of 09 and cut too deep to get high end picks in a lesser draft. Good luck to them if it comes off, but they paid a hefty price to bring in what they have in 3 former first round picks and a 4th place getter in their B&F this year. With their poor development I just think it was an all or nothing gamble.

Yeah they're starting to dig themselves out of the hole that's for sure. They've gone under most peoples radar with this as well. I think the big issue for both Carltank and Methendon is whether they can legitimately match up generation next of this year and last years draft with the guys who will be in the warhorse category by the time they really peak ie Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Watson, Stanton etc. the franchise teams which have had unprecedented draft access in recent years have shown that it is tough to create a team out of nothing through the 'build'. The closest success stories from established teams doi the full rebuild so far would be Port, Bulldogs and West Coast. The other side of that template is Melbourne, in perennial rebuild mode.

Sos overated.

Agree. I'm happy with De Goey and Moore but Langford and Laverde in the late teens where great pick ups. I really liked both of them even as early as our pick 5.
Both seem ok, yes, laverde was touted by some for us.
If i had a pick today between langord, laverde and de goey

Absolutely take De Goey.

So i think we won that one. But still they are good

I don't normally quote posts from other boards but this one was just too funny from the Richmond Board.

Trade Week is an opportunity for teams to evaluate their lists and target players accordingly. It is not a competition to see how popular the club is. Treloar didn't pick Richmond. Collingwood offered and paid a higher price than what he is worth, and pushed out younger players. Overpaying 5-6 players that chose Collingwood because they pay overs is irresponsible. Wait until the emerging players want parity in the pay structure. Screaming of a "quick fix" and cover up for a coach that has no idea.

:D:D:D

I don't normally quote posts from other boards but this one was just too funny from the Richmond Board.

Different mindset. Their opinion is that current best 22 stay in there until developed talent will push them out. And don't bring too many newcomers in to disrupt the fabric.
Also a huge part denial, they did want Treloar. Badly

When you look at the trade period as a whole I'm very happy with the outcome, did we pay a bit more and get a bit less here and there sure, but it doesn't become a massive issue unless everything deal went our way, which would never have happened.

In: Treloar + Aish (and 77 + 84)
Out: 2x 1st round, 2nd round + 65 (and 47)

This can easily be combined given it was the GWS 2nd round + the pick from Freeman that netted as Aish. The downgrade of picks for Aish is largely negated by the late picks swap with GWS meaning it was basically 47 to 77 + 84 via 53. From a live pick perspective it's 37 for 57 + 64, so not a huge loss.

Overall, maybe we overpaid by pick 65 for Treloar and that downgrading of 47 for Aish.

In: Howe + 68
Out: Seedsman + Kennedy

50 instead of 68 would look better and for mine be fairer, but I reckon it was more about getting Kennedy opportunities elsewhere. Seedsman for 32 wasn't great in comparison to other rumoured offers, but once he nominated Adelaide we couldn't hope for much more.

In: future 2nd round + 63
Out: Freeman + 68

I think it would have been fairer if we received 63 without giving up 68

Actual end result:
Picks 27, 66, 77, 83 + 84

Without Aish overs: 28, 47, 63, 83 + 101 (difference = 47 + 101 vs 77 + 84 - live 37 + 81 vs 57 + 64)
Without Treloar overs: 27, 65, 66, 77 + 83 (difference = 65 vs 84 - live 48 vs 64)
Without Kennedy unders: 27, 53, 77, 83 + 84 (difference = 53 vs 66 - live 40 vs 49) assuming GWS pick swap = 34 + 50 for 27 as we wouldn't have had 63
Without Freeman unders: 27, 66, 68, 77 + 83 (difference = 68 vs 84 - live 51 vs 64)
Without any overs or unders: 28, 47, 50, 63 + 65

No significant late pick swap with GWS would have been possible unless absolutely everything above had of gone our way, so the below is very much a fantasy and hypothetical, but there could have been two options:

a) 47, 50, 63 + 65 for 27, 77 + 84
= 27, 28, 77, 83 + 84 (difference = 28 vs 66 - live picks 27 vs 49), GWS 88 points

b) 28, 47, 50, 63 + 65 for 10, 77, 84 + 95
= 10, 77, 83, 84 + 95 (difference 10 + 95 vs 27 + 66 - live picks 10 + 73 vs 26 + 49), GWS 73 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact the players came to us for less than offered elsewhere clearly hasn't registered with that poster.

Last edited:
No Dave, if that was what he meant he would have said your post was hypocritical. He just said it was ironic.

No, I don't think that would quite do it either. Hypocritical would be telling someone to do or not to do something, and then not doing that yourself. It isn't hypocritical to identify stupidity in someone else whether you are stupid yourself or not.

I think what he was actually meaning to say was something about the pot calling the kettle black. That's how I read it anyway.

"Treloar was more precarious (by comparison to Aish) for the simple fact that he commanded so much more attention. That said...it was stitched a long way out!

Aish was much safer in many ways as he had/had solid relationships with Balme and Sharenberg that, combined with his drive to join us. The fact we were dealing with Brisbane was the issue.

NM were never in the race! Not at all."

~The Scout~

Backed it last year off a great Caulfield run, think I'll look elsewhere. Perhaps Winx.
Well done mate, hope you got on before they backed it off the map.
My boy not missing the start could have made it interesting..

No Dave, if that was what he meant he would have said your post was hypocritical. He just said it was ironic.

Not sure I get what you mean. He said what I said was Ironic and that means I can't talk?

Not sure I get what you mean. He said what I said was Ironic and that means I can't talk?
No, it doesn't mean you can't talk Dave, but it was ironic that you were calling others dumb and stupid whilst making spelling errors in your own post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back