List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever we say, i know that there are a quite a few people in here that support Buckley.
But having friends that are involved and represent one of Collingwoods major sponsor they get invited to pregame dinner and luncheons, and another friend that who works at the mcg both passionate pies fans
I could tell you that this anti-buckley sentiment is norhing new.As most pies fans would know its been around for years possibly from the time he has coached.
The feedback that i get from those two in particilar, is yes he knows his football he has astute football brain.he knows his tactics
But he lacks one major element as a coach MAN MANAGEMENT.
To put it in simple terms his no Clarkson Longmire Malthouse or Beveridge those coaches have not only been able to harvest the talent from there teams, but more importantly they have been able to get everyone to play for each other and more importantly run through brick walls for the coach and his team mates. Buckley has yet to accomplish that! With leading teams , getting rid of players like Heath Shaw who never wanted to leave, he blead back and white.Unlike the others that were traded
l do not mind an opinion on bucks, one way or another. but there is a thread for it which l do read, but this is a trade thread not a buckley thread.

I was at a GF luncheon today, Dal Santo was a guest speaker, he confirmed Collingwood had called him didn't mention any other clubs.

Hope it was to tell him we don't want his services.

Wells and mayne could find a spot, both have something we lack..... Dal santo and his u turns and sideways kicks don't interest me too much.

Wells and mayne could find a spot, both have something we lack..... Dal santo and his u turns and sideways kicks don't interest me too much.

Funny I was next to a Collingwood supporter when he told the room, we just looked at each other and both rolled our eyes.

Hoping it was for a possible coaching role of some kind.
Not to play on, surely.

Caff, Crocker, Toovey, frost, Oxley, Blair all not good depth imo. Greenwood, Cox and White are borderline too. Broomhead will need to prove himself next year.
Just because they played doesn't make them good depth.
I think you're not quite right here.

Apart from the guys retiring, the others are the definitive example of depth.
Not good enough for regular spots but fill in when required.

If a depth player was better, he'd be in the team permanently.

Doomsday thread.

As I said before, there are two types

Those who hate Bucks & Eddie, will slag off anyone who throws up a trade involving anyone over 20 years of age.

Those who love the club, that have an open mind and willing to see how it progresses.

You know who you are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, there are a million shades of gray, between the extremes, between the irrational defensive optimism and the equally irrational negativity.

One can be concerned with the decision making, competence and direction of our club without being a "Bucks and Eddie hater". One can be open minded and optimistic, while still being concerned, disappointed, and hoping for change. One can love this club, and still be deeply concerned about how it has been run for some time and the suitability of key people for their roles. The two are not mutually exclusive except in the thinking patterns of people who require a very simple world or whose thinking is reducable to three word slogans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, there are a million shades of gray, between the extremes, between the irrational defensive optimism and the equally irrational negativity.

One can be concerned with the decision making, competence and direction of our club without being a "Bucks and Eddie hater". One can be open minded and optimistic, while still being concerned, disappointed, and hoping for change. One can love this club, and still be deeply concerned about how it has been run for some time and the suitability of key people for their roles. The two are not mutually exclusive except in the thinking patterns of people who require a very simple world or whose thinking is reducable to three word slogans.

Right on!

Biggest must this off season is bundling a few picks in the 20's for Giants 15 and 16.

Sets us up for a mammoth off season in 17. And takes 2 1sts off of the Giants.

I hope it happens, but I wouldn't hold out high hopes. It seems an awfully favourable deal for Collingwood even considering the evenness of the draft this year.

I've never been keen on Hoskin-Elliott but if he's available for a 3rd and the club can still gather the late points for Brown and Daicos, then I'm on board. We have a decent track record of getting the best out of lazy players recently; so I'll put the faith in him and the staff to get him back on track.

Hope WHE for a third happens. About right too as he has done nothing last couple of years.

Turn Cloke, Witts, Williams, Frost, Oxley into a couple of Picks in the 20's

Send those 2 with our Pick 25 to GWS for 15 and 16.

Take Wells, Mayne, Maric as Free Agents.

So we end up with.

WHE
Brown
Daicos
Wells
Mayne
Maric

Seems really realistic imo and really good off season and sets us up for a HUGE off season next year. Bigger than Treloar, Aish and Howe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back