Status
Not open for further replies.

JustInsideFifty

All Australian
Sep 15, 2015
Tas
AFL Club
Collingwood
Soon, rumour has it next week but it might be the following week. My sauce says it might start 1st of December but that's contentious. Hoping it's Monday but Collingwood want it to start Tuesday. I've kind of lost which week we are in and who is coming but I can guarntee you there will be a trade week before the start of season 2017.
Have also heard rumours that trade week might go for 8 days or maybe even longer... was from Hutchy though so take it with a grain of salt...

I think that's quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard a journo say.

David Schwarz said it this morning, and it's just utterly stupid. He got injured, missed two weeks and therefore missed his chance. The Dogs were never going to make any changes this week, especially to bring in someone off a 6 day break from the VFL grand final.

Astoundingly dumb comments.
Not that stupid; the day ago a certain Paul Roos said that he wouldn't select a player for a GF in those circumstances.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
No it's not, We don't need another inside mid who can't kick.

Chevy Chase trying to get off the Ling Jong trade speculation roundabout at Collingwood Big Footy

Look, kids, there’s Big Beth! - National Movie Locations Travel ___.jpg

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Yes, Wells is a slightly different kettle of fish but it's the whole direction I have an issue with.

We aren't Geelong or Hawthorn who've topped with the similar age players because they are/were just about to contend.
We aren't GWS whose 18 year old headless chooks needed guidance early on and are now about to contend.

We are the Club that has botched this ludicrous and unnecessary rebuild.
We are the Club that couldn't hold to our own experienced players we had.
We are the Club that is nowhere near a certainty to even make the finals in the next year or two unless we get another quality big forward.
We are the Club that should be fostering our own leaders and not expecting our youngsters to look up to the likes of Mayne..

All we're doing is simply paperwalling over the cracks to achieve a momentary boost in on field performance, off filed revenue that has suffered of late and to create an illusion of salvaging something from the total wreck the succession plan has been.
In the long run it will achieve big fat nothing.

What experienced players do you wish we had retained?

So our matching the Dogs both times we played them (with a depleted team on both occasions) was an illusion or hallucination? We smashed Geelong, defeated West Coast and should have got the Hawks. WE thumped GWS on their home turf kicking an unanswered ten goals at one stage.....but we are way off.

Seriously, some people want to wallow in misery. Our early season form was horrendous but the turnaround in the second half of the year demonstrates we are not far away-and I repeat, we had a another horror run with injury. Bringing in a couple of older players will not be wall papering over any cracks. It will bring some class, poise and experience to a young developing side on the verge of success.

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think that's quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard a journo say.

David Schwarz said it this morning, and it's just utterly stupid. He got injured, missed two weeks and therefore missed his chance. The Dogs were never going to make any changes this week, especially to bring in someone off a 6 day break from the VFL grand final.

Astoundingly dumb comments.

Schwarz mostly provides the most absolutely stupid comments from any of the media. As an ex footballer he seems to rely on making outrageous statements as opposed to providing thoughtful well articulated comments

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Why? Williams has pace and breaks lines and is physical and young! Crap disposals crap desicion maker but with the right coaching and development can still become a very good player.
Witts can still develop in to a very good player, only young 23 or 24 . Relatively young for a ruckman.
Cloke were short of key position forwards , he would protect Darcy in his development and more importantly be a major enforcer in physical contests in the forward line. Rather then rely on Moore for physical presence.
Let me ask you ?why get rid of them and replace them with Harvey Maric Wells Mayne and possibly Dalsanto?
Harvey is one medium term injury from retirement. Wells has played 18 games in 3 years. Maric had fitness issues all of 2016. Mayne has gone downhill the last 2 years.

Wells played 19 games this year! Get your facts straight. Witts offers us nothing unless you like slow, lumbering giants with no presence, no leap and no ability to physically impact a contest. Marley has had moments of promise but went backwards this year. Why clog up our list with back pocket/half back flankers when we have so many good and better players in these positions at our disposal. Eg. Sinclair, Ramsay, Maynard, Varcoe, Goldsack, Scharenburg..

Cloke didn't do any "enforcing" this year-why would things be any different in 2017? If he had played that role well he wouldn't have been dropped three times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back