List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

would've been nice to upgrade picks with them.

frost and 28 for 21. values frost at pick 55 based on points.

witts and 47 for 26. values witts at pick 41 on points. maybe slight unders but no that much.

26 and cloke for 18. values cloke at pick 54.

frost, witts, cloke, 28, 47 = 18, 21

simple really.
Would be nice to have the 1st round and another early pick but that scenario only leaves us pick 65 (90 points) for 2 father sons, meaning without going into arrears for next year (an option) we couldn't afford them unless they were bid something like pick 49 and 56 or later.

If we value either or both F/S higher than that we need to employ your strategy to upgrade 28 to 18 or 16 and then just build extra points approx 200 points below where we expect Brown and Daicos to be bid, noting that we might be more chance of getting a 1st rounder from Brisbane (or even Suns) given they each have multiple, rather than the Dogs parting with their 1.
could be left with with 16, 44, 47, 65 for this year

Personally I'd prefer valuing Witts & Frost higher and just go straight Witts for 26, then Frost & 26 for 16 (value around pick 45, if that's too high than swap our 2017 2nd with their 2017 3rd &/or our 2017 3rd with their 2017 4th) and then aim for Cloke for 43 (swap 2017 picks if needed)
Lots of permutations and combinations possible.

One of the Melbourne supporters earlier in the thread rated his kicking accuracy highly. Reckons he will takeover from Howe with the kick ins.
Interesting thought is where do we see and hope Dunn will play. The ideal for mine is Dunn is a VFL player for us. Assume Reid, Keeffe and Witts are all fit for season 2017. The hope without being the expectation is Keeffe successfully launches his comeback. Most would assume there will not be a place for all three in the team. Reid, fit, is a given. Dunn is a nearly 30 yo who played VFL last year, has peaked as a footballer and is on the decline. Expectations for him are low. Hopes but maybe not expectations for Keeffe are higher. Keeffes hopeful ceiling is higher than Dunn so we hope he reaches that and plays AFL

So best case senario is Dunn does a great job kicking in in the VFL.

Agree?

Yeh, he can play back and forward apparently.
But can he play either of them well?

Edit:Just did a bit of research on Hansen
28 years old 138 games 197cm
Best seasons as a defender in 2013 and 2014, with his strengths being intercept marking and reading of the play

Suffered hip injuries in 2015 and 2016 and only played 5 games in the latter, though fought his way back into side for the elimination final.

Last edited:
Interesting thought is where do we see and hope Dunn will play. The ideal for mine is Dunn is a VFL player for us. Assume Reid, Keeffe and Witts are all fit for season 2017. The hope without being the expectation is Keeffe successfully launches his comeback. Most would assume there will not be a place for all three in the team. Reid, fit, is a given. Dunn is a nearly 30 yo who played VFL last year, has peaked as a footballer and is on the decline. Expectations for him are low. Hopes but maybe not expectations for Keeffe are higher. Keeffes hopeful ceiling is higher than Dunn so we hope he reaches that and plays AFL

Agree?

I would not Rule out Dunn playing Early AFL games because of the 2 Year Suspension too Keeffe. So I think a lot would want to end the Season has taken Dunn's Spot

Agree?
I'd think we play Dunn over Keefe early next year, surely Keefe has to earn his way back, until he is upgraded he is still a rookie anyway

Agree?

Did I miss something? Isn't he going to GC?

Agree?

Are we recruiting for the VFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd think we play Dunn over Keefe early next year, surely Keefe has to earn his way back, until he is upgraded he is still a rookie anyway
But wouldn't you hope for Keeffe outperforming him from round 1. That would be the ideal.

Dunn is pretty versatile I think he even played in the midfield for the dee's, can kick goals outside 50 could possibly play reids swinging role.

But wouldn't you hope for Keeffe outperforming him from round 1. That would be the ideal.

I would not have such High Hopes so Quickly. Keeffe was no Gun before getting done for Drugs

Very surprised the Cloke trade not done yet. It would be cool to see this go through to the keeper and Cloke end up in the draft.
The sh$t will fly in the media and the Cloke cartel will level all sorts of accusations and crap.
At the end of the day all we need to do is sit back and say that at $800k a season you are not much chop. And the doggies seemed to agree!

I love the fact AFL has moved to 12 months a year entertainment
Facetious I know but would be a great outcome if the trade doesn't get done so we can keep Clokey in the Black and White. Bucks sees the error of his ways and Trav wins our goal kicking award again. Love that senario.

Unfortunately Trav probably wins the Dogs goalkicking.

Don't get the Trav hate. Our best forward since 2000, very hard to replace and a premiership player.

But how can you say he out performed before playing a game, after 2 years out he will need longer than 4 months to get back to speed, if Dunn isn't in the 22 Rd 1 I can't see why you pay 300k for VFL depth.

Facetious I know but would be a great outcome if the trade doesn't get done so we can keep Clokey in the Black and White. Bucks sees the error of his ways and Trav wins our goal kicking award again. Love that senario.

Unfortunately Trav probably wins the Dogs goalkicking.

Don't get the Trav hate. Our best forward since 2000, very hard to replace and a premiership player.
Yep. Either/or

I would not have such High Hopes so Quickly. Keeffe was no Gun before getting done for Drugs
Hope different from expectation.

Hope and expectation low for Dunn( 30yo old on the decline in 2017)

Expectation low but hope and best case better for Keeffe.

Most likely senario both Keeffe and Dunn struggle as AFL players in 2017. One wasn't great before and has been out for 2 years one was a VFL player in 2016 and is in decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back