Not open for further replies.

TheSierBear

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
soft spot for Carlton out of pity
Lol yes I was there... Fav moment was dougie Barwick kicking the one that nailed it..plus tony Francis was my fav player then..best rover I've seen...just my opinion

Are the old days. Aside from the finals, and the grand final, what was your favourite win that year as to know we were a real show? And where did you sit/stand at VP? I love those old days.

The ignore function is there for a reason - I suggest a few of you here use it. Stop derailing the thread with petty squabbles. Stripes and tigers, leopards and spots and all that!!

I do but still does not excuse Deliberate trolling

DolphinMan

Senior List
Sep 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe,
I was very surpised to see your age are you really 57yo? Tell us what your greatest moment was in the 1990 season and where did you sit/stand at Vic Park games?

Btw since you have checked me out you can see I am not that other person...one account...and I stand by my opinion which is we do not need any more midfielders

JollyBallsUp

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich
If we lose Witts, Cloke, Williams and Brown. And bring in WHE, Tomlinson, Jong, Ed Langdon, Daicos, Brown is that a good trade/draft period?
Sounds like we are trading out experience players and bringing in young kids. Cant see us going forward in the short term if we head in that direction.
Given Buckley's interview yesterday I doubt we would do that.

DolphinMan

Senior List
Sep 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are the old days. Aside from the finals, and the grand final, what was your favourite win that year as to know we were a real show? And where did you sit/stand at VP? I love those old days.
Magpie brute why the test? I am a Collingwood boy since 1958...loved Sumichs miss from the left side in the elimination final...was awesome...stood a half forward left side at Vic park...was at the game that Carman kicked 11 ( or 9 )...used to stand on large fosters cans when I was 18 to see lol...that enough hero ?

TheSierBear

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Magpie brute why the test? I am a Collingwood boy since 1958...loved Sumichs miss from the left side in the elimination final...was awesome...stood a half forward left side at Vic park...was at the game that Carman kicked 11 ( or 9 )...used to stand on large fosters cans when I was 18 to see lol...that enough hero ?

Did you and you're mates have a few drinks before the games, no test, it's just great to have older posters on here who can help us younger one's reminise of the memories, it's usually the guilty that get defensive, err and agressive it's never crossed my mind that you weren't true blue Collingwood fan. ;)

DolphinMan

Senior List
Sep 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did you and you're mates have a few drinks before the games, no test, it's just great to have older posters on here who can help us younger one's reminise of the memories, it's usually the guilty that get defensive, err and agressive it's never crossed my mind that you weren't true blue Collingwood fan. ;)
Cheers we went every week...there were some awesome players too that year in 1990 Micky McGuane was as good a midfielder you'll see...prior to that Kevin Worthington was my fav defender and I followed his career...we were tough but not as talented as Carlton but we held our own a lot...we would drink 6 large cans 750 ml at each game at 18 years of age then I'd play footy on a Sunday for Mitchum tigers years ago ...John dellamarta was a good mate who played for the pies too...I played with Craig Braddy from swans and peter Russo Hawks...as I did Rusden state college

Cheers we went every week...there were some awesome players too that year in 1990 Micky McGuane was as good a midfielder you'll see...prior to that Kevin Worthington was my fav defender and I followed his career...we were tough but not as talented as Carlton but we held our own a lot...we would drink 6 large cans 750 ml at each game at 18 years of age then I'd play footy on a Sunday for Mitchum tigers years ago ...John dellamarta was a good mate who played for the pies too...I played with Craig Braddy from swans and peter Russo Hawks...as I did Rusden state college
Speaking of John, anyone wants to support a former Pie man here he is...
http://www.southerncrosstrophies.com/

And for those supporters that really want to prove their loyalties and their BF credentials, here's the ultimate test....
1. What number was Paul Morwood?
2. What year was Tony Francis drafted?
3. What are your credit card details and your PIN number?
1. 7, (Shane) 4 was Paul - edit
2. 1989
3. Up yours

DolphinMan

Senior List
Sep 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
And for those supporters that really want to prove their loyalties and their BF credentials, here's the ultimate test....
1. What number was Paul Morwood?
2. What year was Tony Francis drafted?
3. What are your credit card details and your PIN number?
it was Shane who played for us
Francis drafted that year with Scott Russell I believe
No numbers lol

TheSierBear

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

LOL You come across as quite a bit younger, I should show some respect, I wasn't around for Worthington but I love Micky Mcguane will never forget his seven bounces.

DolphinMan

Senior List
Sep 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Best pies I've ever seen in order...daicos McGuane swan carman ( marked down due to brains) McKenna francis

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
Lol yes I was there... Fav moment was dougie Barwick kicking the one that nailed it..plus tony Francis was my fav player then..best rover I've seen...just my opinion

If you're 57 then you also saw Wayne Richardson and Ronnie Wearmouth...both of them absolutely kill Scooter as rovers mate. Sounds to me like you've seen the 1990 VCR a few times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back