List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're 57 then you also saw Wayne Richardson and Ronnie Wearmouth...both of them absolutely kill Scooter as rovers mate. Sounds to me like you've seen the 1990 VCR a few times!
Whose trolling now ? Yes Wayne Richardson was good he was a ruck rover in those days his brother max was better...ronnie with the big blonde hair was very very good but tony Francis was special...now go upside some chips

Best pies I've ever seen in order...daicos McGuane swan carman ( marked down due to brains) McKenna francis

What about Peter Moore, all the oldies who've spoken to me said he was a sensation.
What about Wayne Richardson, Jon Greening and Ronnie Wearmouth they were all better than scooter surely?

Anyway back on topic. Riewoldt to the Pies for Cloke and Witts. Perhaps all small soothener from the Tigs and I am all for it.
Can you imagine the smiles when he and Elliott play together :)
Seriously, the guy is maybe a flog but that is Richmond for you. It is not too late to get him in a proper environment. And we get some leadership in the fwd line too.

What about Peter Moore, all the oldies who've spoken to me said he was a sensation.
What about Wayne Richardson, Jon Greening and Ronnie Wearmouth they were all better than scooter surely?
Very true peter Moore was incredible...but he left for Melb and I'm still pissed off at him...greening would have been Fyfe x2 but jimmy odea knocked him out and destroyed him...so I never saw a lot of him...but I saw him when I was 16 or so

******* HILLARIOUS seem the AFL bring in a rule almost every year that disadvantages Collingwood

2007 - Hands In the back rule (James Clement easily the best in the league at the time at getting behind his opponent)

2011 - Sub rule (Pies get one less on the bench and don't get to utilise almost the deepest list in the AFL at the time.

2014 - Interchange rule (Pies used it to advantage better then any other club)

2015 - Future trading (would have been handy the year earlier when trading Beams)

2016 - Stock piling picks when we have Daicos and Brown to get

Can anyone do a side made up of current players who were Colligwood supporters as kids. I reckon we'd be building something scary if you played for the club who you barracked for, but then again, we'd probably dominate the competition for endless years given our huge supporter base.
Dermie and Dippa.
Peter McKenna was Essendon pre Collingwood.
But I digress

Whose trolling now ? Yes Wayne Richardson was good he was a ruck rover in those days his brother max was better...ronnie with the big blonde hair was very very good but tony Francis was special...now go upside some chips

Who was the rover to Wayne Richardson's ruck rover mate?
Wayne was the rover, Max was the RR....
Wayne was the Rover for the state sides as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no kitty chiller thanks.
See enough for a least four years

Good news for the AFL as a whole. Last year's draft was a farce how so many clubs would trade top 10 picks for a few picks in the 20s.

One of the many issues the AFL needed to fix. Hopefully they get started on the other 200 pages of problems.

Francis was actually drafted in 1988 at pick 95 after his debut season for Norwood. In those days that players could pull the "deferral year" card.
Correct.
I put the obscure questions as I thought most would think Shane and 1989.....
Now just post your banking details and I'll send you a financial bonus from my friend, the prince of Nigeria.

Good news for the AFL as a whole. Last year's draft was a farce how so many clubs would trade top 10 picks for a few picks in the 20s.

One of the many issues the AFL needed to fix. Hopefully they get started on the other 200 pages of problems.

Spot on. There is a bigger picture here than lets screw Collingwood on father son selections.

******* HILLARIOUS seem the AFL bring in a rule almost every year that disadvantages Collingwood

2007 - Hands In the back rule (James Clement easily the best in the league at the time at getting behind his opponent)

2011 - Sub rule (Pies get one less on the bench and don't get to utilise almost the deepest list in the AFL at the time.

2014 - Interchange rule (Pies used it to advantage better then any other club)

2015 - Future trading (would have been handy the year earlier when trading Beams)

2016 - Stock piling picks when we have Daicos and Brown to get
In a way this ones good for us. In the long run the only teams that would benefit from hidden picks are the favored four. This rule will force these clubs to actually spend first rounders on their first round talent rather than giving their first rounders away for more points in late picks and other benefits. If we want Daicos and Brown we will be able to afford them, the only problem is we probably won't be able to package a few second rounders to get into the first round now.

If we lose Witts, Cloke, Williams and Brown. And bring in WHE, Tomlinson, Jong, Ed Langdon, Daicos, Brown is that a good trade/draft period?
Depends who gets injured (seems to happen to us a bit)

Very true peter Moore was incredible...but he left for Melb and I'm still pissed off at him...greening would have been Fyfe x2 but jimmy odea knocked him out and destroyed him...so I never saw a lot of him...but I saw him when I was 16 or so

Also, what was your favourite drinking hub before and after the game where you and your mates hung out at? And do you remember the peanuts guy, 'peanuts' peanuts', what was his famous sales line?

Fantastic summation. Frost is the absolute perfect depth player because he can come in and do a job if required, but isn't capable long term. I've tossed and turned on trading him out, but it's clear to me the play really needs to be finding someone better than Brown and keeping Frost as depth.

With McDonald and Hurley off the table that becones challenging. The only real remaining options are Emac and Tarrant if the arse end completely falls out of the Kangas.

Personally leaving it go another twelve months might be the best option whilst we look at whether Shaz, Langdon and Ramsay returning picks up enough of the slack.
Agree.
Frost almost the ideal depth player.
Can come in, do a role, slot straight in, be just passable.
But he's not long term.
Doubt we would get much for him anyway.
So he's a cheap depth player.
Plus by all reports great work ethic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back