List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-to-new-thread.1078660/page-109#post-36104278

"Looks ok and will be a good player but...... A big quick man (Laverde) beats a quick little man.......in the air and more positions ..Pickett more of an early teens pick IMO, anyone that think De Goey will go pick 5 knows nothing about the game, if anything a late 20's pick for me."

Exact quote from you

Think you should stop talking up your footy smarts and achievements because it appears you know nothing:$
What Emma Quayle said 27th November 2014 in her phantom draft.
She knows heaps, so the above poster isn't right in this case

5 COLLINGWOOD: JORDAN DE GOEY

(Oakleigh Chargers, 15/3/96, 188cm, 85kg)

A high-intensity utility who can move between the midfield, forward and back lines and find ways to impact games.

The rationale: He's a hard, tough competitor who is a more natural ball-getter than some of the other players floating around in this part of the draft. A very solid bet.

The complication: Jayden Laverde is a tall, running midfielder who would give the Pies' midfield group something new. Paul Ahern, Jarrod Pickett and Lachie Weller are others to have been linked to the club.

And for those supporters that really want to prove their loyalties and their BF credentials, here's the ultimate test....
1. What number was Paul Morwood?
2. What year was Tony Francis drafted?
3. What are your credit card details and your PIN number?
Damn, I fail, I can only remember the first two.

We've been injury hit in each of the past five seasons what will change next year? Who of the four I named is clearly ahead of him currently?

I meant to reply to this the other day. I was using our Henderson discussion from the other day as an example where you argued that a player shouldn't be considered best 22, if that 22 was taking into consideration the likelihood of injuries.

This is what you said:

Attrition seeing him play plenty is the definition of depth because without attrition he doesn't play. I'm not so convinced an 8 week block of matches is "consistent" across a 7 year career, but happy to digress given Langdon provides approximately the same and people still rate him...

Then you were arguing that WHE is best 22 because we will have injuries. It was the inconsistency in the argument that got me.

FWIW I agree we are unlikely to improve our injury situation if we continue with the incumbent and don't make changes in the football department over the off season.

The key difference is one is 20 and showing growth in season whilst the other is 28 and has averaged 12 games per year since entering the system. As we discussed consistency is his issue and at the point of his career that he has reached the odds are slim that's improving. Time is on Langdon's side and he's doing plenty already in a struggling line up.

I wasn't trying to compare Henderson to the other players.

Are you able to please point out where I advocated trading for WHE? Our discussion began with a question of whether it would be a good trade period with x players. I then made an argument that 3 of them would be best 22.

It then evolved to me stating that WHE value was circa pick 40 and despite that I would still rate him best 22. Its now moved to the current discussion. At no point did I actually state that I would target him. All of my posts have been based on what seems to be very loud noises that he's across the line. I can understand why you might have gleaned that I'm an advocate of his, but he isn't who I would target.

My focus would be on Bruest in that role. He has three elite small forward traits in his goal kicking, forward pressure and contested ball winning I50 (the most important stat in the league, IMO). I've been a fan of his from way back and rather quietly suggested trading the Freeman pick for him which was shot down (probably rightly so at the time). With Swanny's unfortunate impending retirement I would just sling him his contract which Hawthorn won't be able to get near.

I would then lock in on Pittard or Wilson. Beyond that I wouldn't want us to be overly active unless we can entice Reid out of the Swans because I've done a 180 on him or McGovern from the Crows. Overall I'm tired of us making widespread list changes year on end and I value list chemistry an important dynamic in building a winning culture. I doubt I'll get my desire yet again so I'm forced to consider the alternatives and in this instance whilst WHE isn't my preference I do value him cleary ahead of a 28yo journeyman filling a role we have adequate cover in...

I must have misinterpreted your position on WHE. Although I disagree he would be best 22.

I agree regarding Bruest. He should be a top priority.

******* HILLARIOUS seem the AFL bring in a rule almost every year that disadvantages Collingwood

2007 - Hands In the back rule (James Clement easily the best in the league at the time at getting behind his opponent)

2011 - Sub rule (Pies get one less on the bench and don't get to utilise almost the deepest list in the AFL at the time.

2014 - Interchange rule (Pies used it to advantage better then any other club)

2015 - Future trading (would have been handy the year earlier when trading Beams)

2016 - Stock piling picks when we have Daicos and Brown to get

Good timing isn't it. Swans pick up Heeney and Mills, GWS Hopper, Kennedy, Steele and Himmelberg. 'Alright boys, shut it down.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back