List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another rule tweak coming in for the academies. If you finish in the top 4 you can only make 1 academy selection in the top 20.
Does this apply for the AFL Giants?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Of course I'd love if he stayed and showed loyalty to the Pies, but I'd put Sidebottom in the conversation for a swap with Lever. We get a gun KPD for a long time in excess of one of several midfielders, that I feel we wouldn't be too worse off without, and would allow an Aish or a Phillips to really flourish. The Crows get a classy, goal kicking, big game midfielder to aid their premiership chase whilst maintaining a top line key defensive duo (Talia-Hartigan).
Sidebottom? What an interesting conversation starter?
Interestingly if anyone listens to Dermie, he is mad about Steele, just loves him.
Sidebottom is an interesting player, an absolute elite runner.
Up and down, up and down.
Plays really well in finals, big games on recollection.
Is he Treloar elite overall? Not for me, but he's what I'd classify A-
Or really excellent especially because of his running and positioning.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

JollyBallsUp

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich
Sidebottom? What an interesting conversation starter?
Interestingly if anyone listens to Dermie, he is mad about Steele, just loves him.
Sidebottom is an interesting player, an absolute elite runner.
Up and down, up and down.
Plays really well in finals, big games on recollection.
Is he Treloar elite overall? Not for me, but he's what I'd classify A-
Or really excellent especially because of his running and positioning.
His break away spend in close makes him special. What he delivered in the last 6-8 round last season makes him a A grader once he gets a little more experience. Last season was interrupted which means he didn't have the capacity to play at a consistent level until season end. This year he has a full pre-season and will show the football world why we were so keen to have him in black and white.

His break away spend in close makes him special. What he delivered in the last 6-8 round last season makes him a A grader once he gets a little more experience. Last season was interrupted which means he didn't have the capacity to play at a consistent level until season end. This year he has a full pre-season and will show the football world why we were so keen to have him in black and white.
Seems to have improved his goal kicking a bit too. One of the criticism of last year was that he didn't hurt the opposition enough.

JollyBallsUp

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich
Seems to have improved his goal kicking a bit too. One of the criticism of last year was that he didn't hurt the opposition enough.
I thought he was solid enough in that area especially towards the back end of the season. I would count goals assists as just as important as scoring goals.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can see your point.

I see your point and raise you a mega point.

CNn2vrlUcAA69oT.jpg

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Starting to wonder what we would have to give up for Josh Schache. Doesn't seem in any hurry to sign...

Wasn't he pretty keen to get to Brisbane? I know they suck, I doubt they would let him go.

Rohan25

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New York Knicks
Wasn't he pretty keen to get to Brisbane? I know they suck, I doubt they would let him go.

He did want to go there, which makes his reluctance to sign all the more surprising. Certainly, at least some on the Brisbane board have already declared him gone.

I hope we are throwing everything at him. He would be an amazing pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back