List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Fan of Getting Dusty as have Bigger Needs but Be good just watch the Tigers Fans go into a Massive Meltdown might be worth it
If we got Dusty we don't need another key forward. The inclusion of someone like him or Fyfe would single handedly elevate our team to genuine contender status. If you played either of them as permanent forwards they'd kick min 50 easy and provide better fwd 50 pressure and defensive running than ANY KPF. Not to mention the impact they'd have in the middle. We'd be insane not to be chasing hard after both these guys in the hope to land one.

If we got Dusty we don't need another key forward. The inclusion of someone like him or Fyfe would single handedly elevate our team to genuine contender status. If you played either of them as permanent forwards they'd kick min 50 easy and provide better fwd 50 pressure and defensive running than ANY KPF. Not to mention the impact they'd have in the middle. We'd be insane not to be chasing hard after both these guys in the hope to land one.
Yep go hard for both. Hopefully get one and do a trade for Lever.

My mail on Martin is the Saints are keen. Have a source close to dusty. They've offered big coin.

No doubt they've offered their Riewoldt money to both Fyfe and Martin. But money isn't everything. I would hardly consider the Saints as a destination club but time will tell.
I hate to say it, but their list is shaping up pretty well imo. If they could manage to get Martin they will be up there next year.

I thought I saw an article the other day saying they have pulled out of the race. Obviously early days and a lot of teams have said the same thing before. They'd be silly not to be gunning for him.

If we want to land Fyfe, as an example, and we need more cap space, then the club has the option to pull the plug on the likes of Blair, Goldsack, Sinclair. These guys will never take us to the next level and can be replaced by guys we already have pushing through the VFL. If we land a Fyfe or a Martin we automatically become the clear best midfield group in the comp and make a quantum leap. I for one hope we do get ruthless with some of our guys like this to land some more elite talent.

Yes you are right, it was a good gutsy call from our FD not to play Mayne. There would have been all sorts of pressure to do so. We will have injuries and Mayne will be needed.

I am coming around to your way of thinking about the decision to recruit him too... mainly because if he's just fringe and injury cover I'd prefer we gave games to guys like Broomhead and Crocker or even Daics and Brown who have a clear upside advantage. It's not a salary cap issue for me.

I do think Mayne will end up being a handy player we appreciate having on the list though and he may make a difference to our coaches chances of making finals this year. Thats why we recruited him.
If it helps getting a high quality clearance player and good user of the footy through the middle (with some pace) I'd also pull the trigger and would be happy to offload goldy, Blair, Oxley and Sinclair. In fact, I almost expect it and would do it anyway.
Go to the draft with three (preferably early) picks and use the balance on the cap where necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt they've offered their Riewoldt money to both Fyfe and Martin. But money isn't everything. I would hardly consider the Saints as a destination club but time will tell.
You mean Freeman didn't choose well.

You watch in about two weeks he'll get a game

UPDATED FREE AGENCY LIST (PLEASE NOT THE UNRESTRICTED WHICH INCLUDES PITTARD - PLEASE DERRICK GET HIM ON THE HBF)

ADELAIDE CROWS

Andy Otten (unrestricted)

Scott Thompson (unrestricted)

BRISBANE LIONS

Claye Beams (unrestricted)

Ryan Harwood (unrestricted)

Tom Rockliff (restricted)

CARLTON

Dennis Armfield (unrestricted)

Levi Casboult (unrestricted)

Matthew Kreuzer (unrestricted)

Kade Simpson (unrestricted)