List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think it has less to do with getting into a brawl than it does about the way he handled it afterwards. If he hadn't lied to to the leadership team and to the coach, I doubt they would have been so heavy handed and JDG would be playing this weekend.
Yep if Adams is preaching accountability, he is not being a hypocrite for being hard on DeGoey.

The problem isnt getting drunk and getting into a fight, ala Adams.

The problem is DeGoey didnt own it, lied to people and then made people who believed him look foolish for believing him.

Good on Adams for giving him a rocket if that is indeed what has happened.

Regardless, I have a hard time believing that Adams of all people would be the one to come down hard on a young player for f*****g up off field given his history. The whole thing sounds like a story made up by BJ in order to stroke his own ego.

It's not really BJ's style to make up negative stories about Collingwood. I'm not sure that what he's heard is true, but I don't doubt that he's heard something.

It largely depends on how he's acquired. If it's via our 1st round pick hell no, but via the trade route by sacrificing one of our abundance of mids I'm open to it.

For instance Steele + pick circa 40 for Smith and our second round pick back is a deal I'd be open to. If we were then to attract Reid via FA I'd consider that a successful move because Smith is a forward first and foremost who can give you small minutes through the middle.

It would leave us with two selections in the top 25 to go tall, Reid to bolster our KPF stocks immediately and Smith as another forward option. Yeah we sacrifice Steele, but I'm optimistic about what we're seeing from Phillips so 12 months from now I don't think we'd really feel the loss through the middle of the ground.

Some may wonder at why it's Steele and aside from my issues with him it's mostly a salary sacrifice. We can't bring both Reid and Smith in on the expensive deals they need without moving a salary on. It could just as easily be JDG or Aish (in which case you'd need to adjust the trade), but I don't think we'll be able to work it under the salary cap.

Reading between the lines and going of last off season trade rumour. It appears JDG is again on the market.

Which is just plain *ing stupidity as the kid is finally starting to show why he was taken at 5.

Reading between the lines and going of last off season trade rumour. It appears JDG is again on the market.

Which is just plain ruddy stupidity as the kid is finally starting to show why he was taken at 5.
Don't worry, Buckley will soon be gone and the new coach won't likely be keen to throw away a young talented clearance player who can kick goals.

Don't worry, Buckley will soon be gone and the new coach won't likely be keen to throw away a young talented clearance player who can kick goals.

Very true, but Buckley is only one man on the list management committee we still have Pert's insidious presence on there so I wouldn't say he'd all that safe...

Pretty ridiculous for anyone here saying that Adams isn't entitled to punish De Goey because of his own past. Players grow up, develop leadership and become leaders, albeit only some in an official capacity.

Adams is in the leadership group now. It's his job. A senior player or players would've spoken to or punished Adams for his actions in the past. It's all hierarchy as far as I'm concerned.

I have no problems if it's De Goey in 5 years punishing a young player for a similar incident, that is of course, if he becomes a leader.

Which is just plain ruddy stupidity as the kid is finally starting to show why he was taken at 5.

I heartily agree, but would go a little further and say that it demonstrates weakness in the list management committee if they would consider offloading such a talent on the back of a reformed troublemaker getting his back up.

You want to be looked upon as a leader Adams help the bloke learn from his mistakes just as you did! That's what a strong leader does FFS.

Pretty ridiculous for anyone here saying that Adams isn't entitled to punish De Goey because of his own past. Players grow up, develop leadership and become leaders, albeit only some in an official capacity.

Adams is in the leadership group now. It's his job. A senior player or players would've spoken to or punished Adams for his actions in the past. It's all hierarchy as far as I'm concerned.

I have no problems if it's De Goey in 5 years punishing a young player for a similar incident.

I think metering out the punishment is all part of it and is really a non issue, but if it goes any further toward a concerted push toward a player going out as Williams did (which as Loki posted appears to be the implication) then that's going too far.

I think metering out the punishment is all part of it and is really a non issue, but if it goes any further toward a concerted push toward a player going out as Williams did (which as Loki posted appears to be the implication) then that's going too far.

True, but I think some players probably need that "shape up or ship out" threat before they realise how important it is to be not only a good footballer but a reputable person.

Williams was on our list for long enough to shape up, and without actually having any inside knowledge, I'd imagine that he didn't.

True, but I think some players probably need that "shape up or ship out" threat before they realise how important it is to be not only a good footballer but a reputable person.

Williams was on our list for long enough to shape up, and without actually having any inside knowledge, I'd imagine that he didn't.

Perhaps so and it could also be reasonable to state JDG has reached that point, but under no circumstances should that push ever come from within the playing group, IMO, because all it does is create friction and no player sits on the list management committee who make the decisions.

Very true, but Buckley is only one man on the list management committee we still have Pert's insidious presence on there so I wouldn't say he'd all that safe...
I have every confidence that one of the conditions of Walsh returning would be for Pert to take a step back in those regards. Time will tell I guess, but frankly, the CEO shouldn't be having such an influence in list management matters imo.

What would Whites salary be? And how much would Reid need to move clubs? The difference between those two would need to be narrow I reckon if we were to make that move.

Reid's contract was fairly substantial, wasn't it? I can't imagine at his age or where he's at in his career that he'd be welcoming of a pay cut. I'm sure the figure being floated around at the time was around the 550k mark?

White only got signed for one year last year from memory, so I would assume about 250k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The CEO & the Pres should have nothing to do with list management. Not sure that is the case at our club though.
Hopefully a new coach would stand his ground & call it for the stupid decision it would be.

What would Whites salary be? And how much would Reid need to move clubs? The difference between those two would need to be narrow I reckon if we were to make that move.
White was reported at somewhere between $350-$450k I think. Reid's current deal at the Swan's is circa $500k.

I don't think he would be commanding much more than that given his injury history, so I don't see a problem making it work from that perspective, and I'm not sure the Swan's would be willing to go too crazy with his salary given their star studded midfield and up and coming juniors will all want to be paid their worth while still having to pay Buddy's reportedly heavily back ended contract.

Edit: forgot that White has already played out his initial contract. Wouldn't be on much anymore you'd think, but we should have a fair chunk of space given last years departures.

I have every confidence that one of the conditions of Walsh returning would be for Pert to take a step back in those regards. Time will tell I guess, but frankly, the CEO shouldn't be having such an influence in list management matters imo.

Apparently not according to the interview he conducted with SEN on Sunday. Pert confirmed he's on the committee. Its what you employ others to do Pert you dumb *!

The CEO & the Pres should have nothing to do with list management. Not sure that is the case at our club though.
Hopefully a new coach would stand his ground & call it for the stupid decision it would be.

Couldn't agree more. Collingwood has become opposite land where up is down and down is up with the CEO involved in football matters and players possibly (need to stress that given this is all innuendo) leading a push for other players to go.

If we trade JDG, we might be the stupidest club in the AFL.
I feel Swan and JDG's career is very similar. Slow to start their career, a bit of trouble and then EXPLODE.

Please don't trade him.

if JDG was at almost any other club he'd be playing where is suited. In the middle and be a gun.

Instead he has been dismissed to a flank.

Apparently not according to the interview he conducted with SEN on Sunday. Pert confirmed he's on the committee. Its what you employ others to do Pert you dumb ****!

Couldn't agree more. Collingwood has become opposite land where up is down and down is up with the CEO involved in football matters and players possibly (need to stress that given this is all innuendo) leading a push for other players to go.

lets be honest Scodog, Pert has been a tool for a long time now. what fwit gets on radio talking flags when he knows the club is in the middle of turning its list over?

Bring in Sam Reid as free agent to support moore

Bring in Pittard as free agent for run off half back he can take Ramsay/Smith/Maynards spot

Sign Grundy to five year contract

We can let White/Goldsack/Keeffe/Blair go if needed to free up some salary space

Draft Key position forward or back with first pick, draft best available at later picks

lets be honest Scodog, Pert has been a tool for a long time now. what fwit gets on radio talking flags when he knows the club is in the middle of turning its list over?

It's all propaganda to convince the masses we're on the right track. We should be down on our knees praying to whatever higher power we believe in that we haven't had injuries because no doubt they'd have that excuse ready to go!

Happy days if they manage to turn it around, but jeez the lack of accountability thus far is appalling.

It's all propaganda to convince the masses we're on the right track. We should be down on our knees praying to whatever higher power we believe in that we haven't had injuries because no doubt they'd have that excuse ready to go!

Happy days if they manage to turn it around, but jeez the lack of accountability thus far is appalling.

it showed arrogance and poor judgement / leadership from pert. heaped way too much expectation and pressure on buckley and players.

To your last sentence, I believe Greenwood is out of contract this year. I'd be shedding that salary pretty quickly personally. That would help a lot.

Signed a 4 year deal, this is his 3rd season with us. We allegedly tried to trade him out last year, we may try again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back