News Collingwood turns down Father-Son James Stewart.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really know much about him, but I'm disappointed because there's a chance that no one was going to bid for him, then we could grab him with our last pick or whatever. Maybe we're trying to get him in the rookie draft perhaps?

I don't really know much about him, but I'm disappointed because there's a chance that no one was going to bid for him, then we could grab him with our last pick or whatever. Maybe we're trying to get him in the rookie draft perhaps?
nah he wont end up with us wont last till rookie draft very raw but potential is there.

The club would have picked him up if he was even just remotely talented. Wish the kid all the best, and hope he gets in the AFL one way or another in the future, but let's not be disappointed by this. We have the best recruiters in the land, and they know what they are doing.

Jason Phelan@AFL_JasonPhelan
@Collingwood_FC has not made a father-son bid for tall forward James Stewart. He's now available to every club at the #AFLDraft.

Hopefull another AFL club picks him up good luck James.

Im sure they will when you look at his testing his form prior to the year and then his finals for tac cup performed well plus he had stress fractures in his back and went from playing mid/wing to KPP due to growing 7cm over the pre season.

Just plain dumb decision imo, even if it was due to us having "too" many talls (which i doubt the only proven KPP tall we have is Cloke and Dawes who is off to melb and a 30 y.o. lynch) well we could of had him with a low pick and if he developed we either use him or trade him down the track.

The club would have picked him up if he was even just remotely talented. Wish the kid all the best, and hope he gets in the AFL one way or another in the future, but let's not be disappointed by this. We have the best recruiters in the land, and they know what they are doing.

They also don't get it right every pick and Hine himself has overlooked quality KPP before.

Why do you have that avatar on a forum full of blokes?

Why would you be disappointed? The club obviously feels there are better players available in the draft and doesn't want to waste a draft pick on an inferior player. I've never seen any reports where he did anything impressive in a game. This 'potential' thing seems to be based purely on his height and name and not football ability.

Why do you have that avatar on a forum full of blokes?
Not just blokes here!
ETA And why wouldn't blokes like that avatar....she is cute....(not as good as his last though);)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What can I say, I expected things to go differently, but our recruiters know a stack more than I do and think we can do better with the picks we'll have.

Good luck James wherever your career takes you*.

*Unless it's Carltank.

Why is she too ugly for you? You prefer goats?

It's a Llama and it's kind of like he's winking at me provocatively through her.

Anyhoo, it was said it jest so no need to tie the old fellas up.

Yet we still have Cam Wood and no pick 14 from that draft year!

Agree though, sad for the kid but I like the policy of "I don't care who's son you are!"

Perhaps we wont be using our second and third rounders?

We werent going to use 18 on him, but maybe our other picks may be involved in pending deals, or we may be trying to move up and snare a couple 1sts?

I dont know, could also be that we dont rate him.

Who knows, we still may get him.

I'd imagine one of the key recruiting criteria is what's going on between the kid's ears. What is his atitude, his ability to learn, his attitude to following instructions, his attitude to training, his desire for success, his work ethic, him being a team oriented player, etc, etc.

And no highlights reel is going to show us that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back