Game Day Collingwood v Brisbane 7.40pm AEDT (1953 in Brisbane)

Remove this Banner Ad

So Mayne, 3 possessions in the second half. Not good enough for an experienced player who should be leading the club if that's what his role is, or is he just a good bloke that tries hard!

i dont understand how josh thomas and tyler brown make the team. I dont understand. I dont see the point.

Thomas played WAY better than Brown - applied great pressure throughout - and is by far the better footballer of the two. And he can kick. Brown offers nothing at all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think if brown remained tackling him then the free goes to him but the reason we got holding the ball was initially browns tackle but ultimately it was Cox. We needed Brown to let go and get the f out of the way.

he held the tackle, now if he let go and the player happened to have runs away he will get crucified for that. The issue is he missed, not that he earned the free with a tackle

Thomas played WAY better than Brown - applied great pressure throughout - and is by far the better footballer of the two. And he can kick. Brown offers nothing at all.

yes we did see him a few times on the tv this week... good game josh

he held the tackle, now if he let go and the player happened to have runs away he will get crucified for that. The issue is he missed, not that he earned the free with a tackle

Regardless, either Cox or Brown should have easily kicked the goal. 30m out and dead in front.

They’re professional footballers and they’re paid to execute skills under pressure. Cal couldn’t do it - for the umpteenth time in his career. Must be dropped. There must be consequences for failure to perform when needed.

Very happy with Sier tonight, best game from him for 2 years.
Very disappointed with Tyler Brown, seems to have lost confidence, kicking and decision making have regressed
WHE and Callum not offering anything and need to go back to the vfl
Thomas started like a bomb, faded. Not sure if his heart is still in the game much, thou has smarts at least

we continually let sides back into games through laziness or complete brain farts. There is no ruthlessness at Collingwood

Dude haven't you heard Howe and Pendlebury will drag us over the line after being 3 goals up. No account ability for the rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why you don’t play utter hacks like Hoskin who can’t compete week after week

They are never there to compete ever
I still don’t understand how he plays every week. The only time he does anything it’s a turnover.

The real problem is cal Brown can’t kick to save his life. Not an AFL level kick. Not a VFL level kick. Shouldn’t have been named.
The missed goal was only the icing. There was a play on the wing near the boundary late in the game where he had to handball to himself because he couldn't kick on his left foot. You can not be so terrible in every facet of the game and make it as an AFL player. He has no outstanding attributes. None.

The Cox/Brown free kick debate- pfft. Brown had the shot in the end and didn’t convert. Barely looks likely just about every set clutch shot (I’m sure there was a few of these moments last year as well). Doesn’t matter the finer details, it’s another result that’s not going to change.

A game of two halves. We looked surprisingly great in the first half and sier was great and a big part of it. In the second half we couldn't get a call from the umps and we didn't chase or apply pressure anywhere near the first half.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another silver lining, thought Sier took another step in the right direction tonight. He looked great in patches. Strong over the ball, great vision with the hands and ran with it and kicked long a few times.

The bear is coming.

I think this game has shown we are up to our ears in it this year. Brisbane are a quality team who were top four last season.

Our bottom six is pretty weak though. Gradually we need to weed them out.....or back them in to improve...on a case by case basis

First one to go is Cal Brown ..to be replaced by the best available first year player, preferably a forward with spark. Its pretty idiotic that we didnt persist longer with Henry or Ruscoe....patience is required.

I wouldnt be panicking or making wholesale changes this week. We are a formidable force who can beat anybody.

we continually let sides back into games through laziness or complete brain farts. There is no ruthlessness at Collingwood

Dude haven't you heard Howe and Pendlebury will drag us over the line after being 3 goals up. No account ability for the rest.
I think this might be coaching. We have a pretty consistent pattern of using all our fuel in the first one or two quarters and then running out of steam.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back