Game Day Collingwood v Essendon Round 23 - 19:50 AEST, Aug 23, 2019

Who wins Magpies v Bombers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a bad game. Essendon are heading in the right direction I think, Dons fans would know what else they need, but they are good on their day. Collingwood a good team still, which I don't think has had too many games yet this season with a full squad.
I couldn't actually pick this one.
Well done Pies.

That’s fine if the inside 50’s conceded result in long/hard set shots or rebounds but Collingwood had a lot of pretty gettable set shots. They could have easily flogged you.

They also kicked some bullshit ones like Elliott from the boundary and they don’t exactly have sharpshooters up there. Pretty standard fair from them. We also had multiple marks dropped up forward that should have been gimmes. It was a close game where they had half a quarter of slight supremacy.

Essendon lack the polish of the top teams. Ruined their own chances in the end with deplorable use of the ball. Collingwood clumsily lurched to the win but the opponent half the time in that last qtr was as good as any of the teams that won't qualify for finals.

Phil inn is missing apparently. Channel seven comedians on fire with that joke. Not.

9075799fe50801d7dda5afc60d1054e3.jpg
channel 7 with the subtle troll

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think best result for Essendon is finishing 8th and hoping Collingwood finish 5th. Think they will get them next time.
Strange as the logic of this is I agree with it. Collingwood is their best shot at a win if they can play well enough. However, I think the Pies will go up a number of gears Essendon could only dream of and humiliate them.

If we give up a top 4 to this spot I'll lose my shizz lol. Gotta get the job done and maul thr Hawks. Or else f**k the Eagles and f**k season 2019 lol.

I swear all Essendon needs is a boost in their self confidence, a lot of potential, but the pies are just class when it matters. Really liked McKernans game tonight.
They also seemed to take a while to get going in the first. Bang on a couple of early goals and your self belief is raised.

I swear all Essendon needs is a boost in their self confidence, a lot of potential, but the pies are just class when it matters. Really liked McKernans game tonight.
Gee he killed us coming out of the back. Bloody frustrating watching him mark it uncontested 3, 4, 5 or however many times

Back